See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The rooms have a rustic and weird smell. We faced problems with the air conditioner as well. Its at a 10 minute walking distance from the beach. There are lot of shops once you get onto the main road. The trees and fauna inside the hotel premises dont seem to be well maintained. We saw a snake in the hotel premises. They also have a monitor lizard in one of the small lotus ponds inside. Lot of lizards are running around the walls in the hotel room which is a little creepy. I also suspect there are many more snakes around due to the overgrown trees. I would suggest that you book for the Koh Phi Phi or Ko Lanta trip from outside as the hotel is more expensive. The breakfast buffet was pathetic and had flies all over the bread and fruits and even when I brought it to the notice of the hotel staff, they did nothing about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Reethika
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Back again for our second visit and nothing much has changed here, was actually given the same room too.

Only downsides to this hotel is the pool area really doesn’t get much sun due to the trees, yes its nice to be able to move into the shade if you are too hot but annoying having to ‘chase the sun’ and move sun loungers. Suggest the hotel invests in some hard core pruning as the trees have obviously grown since our last visit!

Also the walk round the raised decking from the entrance to your room does get a bit annoying it’s quite a long way and if wet it is really quite slippery (also some foliage pruning needed here too)

Air con has been upgraded but our room still refused to go below 24 degrees even with the unit on full for a long time.

No DVD players to rent or hot water boilers, some of the larger rooms do have these provided so were surprised they couldn’t be supplied as we were happy to pay.

Would we return, probably yes as the standard hasn’t slipped just really need to cut back the trees!!!

Room Tip: Upper floor have more light
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa_Bristol
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had never been to Krabi before so I did a lot of research and really liked the look of this hotel and we were not disappointed at all. The gardens around the pool and the rooms is absolutely beautiful. Very lush and green, lots of birds, butterflies, lizards, squirrels etc in and around. The pool is small but perfectly adequate for the number of rooms (not many at all) and is very shady and peaceful.

As soon as you arrive at this hotel you feel like you are a long way from anywhere but in fact you are a short walk to the shops and markets and beach and restaurants.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Loved the large balcony to sit and enjoy a few drinks or to quietly read a book. Airconditioning was nice and cold and the bed was really comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool are really nice - ground floor better as well.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JulieH6061
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Nice location, loved the feel of being in a jungle bungalow. And it was great to have a little covered porch. A Hot shower and a spacious bathroom were welcome features too! The breakfast buffet is tasty and the outdoor spaces like the bar and restaurant were comfy. We had trouble accessing wifi in the room but walked to the front desk are to get access. Service at the front desk wasn't very courteous or helpful, but thankfully we didn't need much during our stay. We didn't try to book any excursions through the hotel and instead used one of the street vendors.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cnaddy
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I was so nervous about making a reservation in Ao Nang, as I'd never been there before and had no idea what to expect. The moment I arrived at Somkiet Buri Resort with my family (husband and two children, ages 7 and 8), I knew I'd made the right choice. Somkiet Buri Resort is just absolutely lovely. It's set back from the busy road that runs through Ao Nang to the beach. Being there you feel like you're in the jungle, in this peaceful, clean, well-kept retreat. The pool is wonderful. The rooms are great. Breakfast was good (not mind-blowing, but good enough.) The wifi worked, as promised (yay!). The whole experience was perfect. Before we went I was worried about having to walk 5-10 minutes to the beach from Somkiet Buri, but once there I realized this was perfect. The beach is busy and it was great to not to be in the middle of the action all the time. Plus, the walk was good excuse to see all the restaurants and shops on the way. I cannot recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family