All reviews tuk tuk the main road free shuttle shuttle service limestone cliffs low season rooms are clean thai style min walk swimming pool air conditioner hotel is situated every hour beach front yogurt airport transfer insects
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Wonderful 4 night stay, few mins walk and far enough away from Ao Nang hectic-ness! Fab small pool, beautiful gardens, great breakfast, very comfortable authentic rooms. Great nearby food! No alcohol sold in hotel, but you can take your own in(only sold after 5pm)
Helpful friendly staff ... would visit again

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I am really confused by the recent negative reviews detailing the staff's bad attitudes and insects. We stayed at this hotel for a week and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were great and we were always met with a big smile at reception. The receptionists always seemed genuinely interested in what we had got up to that day which was really nice. I'm not sure what style room we had (king I think) but it was amazing! It was a ground floor pool side room and was really stunning. The wooden cabin style rooms was also a unique touch. The breakfast buffet wasn't the greatest we had eaten in Thailand but was fine to fuel up for big days ahead.

Another review mentioned having to pay for the shuttle service... this is not true. The shuttle service is free with your stay. The shuttle takes you down to Ao Nang beach and leaves every few hours. Alternatively you can walk down a nice straight street filled with shops and bars that without stops takes about 20minutes.

The only downside in my opinion is the shaded pool area! They have gone for a great look surrounding the pool with tall greenery but this means you have to move around the pool throughout the day to stay in the sunlight (which wasn't possible for us as we weren't the only people using the pool.

3  Thank David G
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Maybe in low season this place is worth paying some little money, but festive season prices for a smelly wooden box is a bit too much. Yes, it's all greenish around the territory but the wooden houses look kind of creepy and it's really a long walk to ao nang beach. No matter the fact I asked for a better room location and upper floor that was confirmed by e mail in advance - all my requests we ignored. Staff at the reception was so annoyed by our appearance, didn't even smile and it took her a big effort to get out of the reception desk to show the room which was on the ground floor right opposite the noisy swimming pool fully occupied by some company. Room had a very bad smell and when I asked if there was anything else, the lady cut me rudely saying they were fully booked.
Luckily I had a flexible booking that I cancelled the same minute and went on looking for something else. Had no intention to spend a night there.
Parking is non existent if you have the car -too tiny.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

The only reason to choose this place may be your romantic vacation and no desire to see anything around. This hotel is located in the end of the world. Add to that great advantage tones of insects, additional payment required to use shuttle service and enjoy your stay! Not recommended at all.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yana L
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel is small and adorable with a wonderfully quaint Thai charm. The ladies at the front desk are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean, the AC and hot water worked well. The views of the cliffs and lush, foresty landscaping are gorgeous and peaceful. The location is perfect as it is tucked away from the noise and crowds of Ao Nang and feels like a private mountain/garden oasis but is really a 10min walk or 5min/50baht per person tuktuk from the main drag. They also have a convenient shuttle that runs to the beach and the restaurants and shopping strip every 2 hours all day! The included breakfast was delicious and full of variety, the buffet menu slightly changing from day to day. They also give you boxes and bottles of water to take to go if you need. They also refill your room with 2 free bottles of water daily with the cleaning!

I will add (since another review mentioned this previously) that we are a lesbian couple and although this hotel does appear to be a Muslim run hotel (all the girls who work in the front of house wear a hijab), we did not feel discriminated against in any way by the Muslim women up front or the Thai ladies who work in the restaurant in back. They were extremely helpful in reserving us taxis to visit tiger cave temple (30 min away) and to the airport (45 min away). And they even sent me an item i left behind in my room after checkout by air cargo since the mail would be closed for holidays for a good portion of the rest of my trip. They are so sweet!

I would definitely recommend this hotel as a good value for the money and a unique and peaceful place to spend a few days in Ao nang. :)

1  Thank Kamaile M