All reviewsrooftop poolmain poolkrabi resortindoor whirlpoollemongrass drinkre loginevery room has a balconythe main streethotel is centrally locatedwonderful hotelthe ground floorao nang beachfresh fruitswim up barbreakfast buffettour operatorkids club
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I will divide my review in various sections as I don't want to give a general rating:

Rooms: Very nice, clean,big and well maintained

Service: Poor . I don't know if this was due to language issues but i had couple of instances. I asked for extra tea bag during my buffet breakfast and they refused to say it , saying that it is with the housekeeping and they cannot give in the restaurant. I had to then contact the reception for this ridiculous answer an then they provided.
I asked them to send the pool towels to my room as the roof top pool was unattended and they actually asked me to come down to the main pool and collect it. That's why I said that the hotel has the potential to be great but they really need to train their staff.

Location: it is right in the Ao Nang area , with the entire market area walk able. But it is not on the beach. You have to walk about 10 min to reach the Ao Nang beach. Lots of dining options, souvenir shops , money exchange , massage parlours and a Starbucks right outside. So full marks on location.

Best recommendation would be to hire a bike and really enjoy the whole area.

Room Tip: Currently don't take the cliff side rooms as there is major construction happening.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priyanka S
Rolf O, General Manager at Panan Krabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Priyanka S

Thanks very much for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and have very well noted all your detailed information. We are glad to hear, especially, that we have a great potential to be a very good hotel. I am not sure regarding the language barrier mentioned; however, we have noted all your comments for further improvements and we will do our utmost to improve our services to become a great hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights and due to a communication error with our travel agent - we were allocated a much smaller room than we would have liked. The Operations Manager , Oliver - could not have been more helpful. He arranged a solution that we were happy with at no extra cost, even though the mix up had nothing to do with the hotel. The staff were all very friendly the there was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout the resort. A short walk to the beach or one of the many dining options made the stayed very enjoyable. Thanks Oliver and Panan Staff!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank descaroballan
Rolf O, General Manager at Panan Krabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Descaroballan

Thanks very much for your nice review which is much appreciated. We are glad to receive your positive feedback and of course to hear that you had a nice stay with us and you liked our service & staff.

Thanks for choosing our resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel in May for a stay on 4 Aug 2018. Paid a non-refundable rate - the fact that I am willing to choose a non-refundable rate already suggests that I am confirmed on my stay. Hotel practice overbooking and only inform guests hours before arrival! No consideration at all for guests and no compensation. It is worrisome for families to be faced with such uncertainty. Very poor service.

Do not book unless you have the flexibility to search for last minute places and to change your entire itinerary.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank Stratton060

Dear Stratton060

First of all thanks for your feedback and we sincerely apologies for any incontinence caused. I like to stress that overbooking is not our practice at all. Not making up any excuse, but this one time overbooking situation was caused by a reservation system error as we had to update the system and so occurred on the 2nd August which was out of our control at that time.

Once again we do apologies for any inconvenience cause and also like to mention that since our resort has been opened, we never had such a situation before; and we will do our utmost that it will not occur again.

best regards

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant & bar staff make this hotel, we booked a room for 2 adults & 2 children, when we arrived we were in a room with 1 bedrang reception and were told we would have to pay extra for another bed, asked to speak to the manager Mr Oliver who told us the issue was with our booking agent, asked him to come to the room to resolve the problem, he was still saying this is what we booked even though their web site says interconnecting family rooms we demanded another bed because Mr Oliver said the resort was fully booked for the next 2 nights and he would come back to us about moving to a larger room surprise surprise he never did.
When house keeping came the next day they had a different bed to exchange for the one they brought the night before and apologised for taking the bed out of our room before we arrived saying they were very busy.
The majority of staff are great but the management are hopeless .
The finish of the is not great considering it is only a couple of months old.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ross J

Dear Ross J

We do appreciate your review as your feedback is important to us. We have noted all your comments and regret to hear that not all was according to your expectation. We will do our utmost to make further improvements wherever possible as complete guest satisfaction is our goal.

We still look forward to welcoming you again one day.

best regards

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Booking experience not great. Asked several times direct for prices for 10 days (looking back, 5-7 days is enough). Never got answers or took days between emails. Eventually got price that was higher than web booking agencies, so I went through those. Meant the hotel sold the holiday at less cost and had to pay agency commission. Strange.

No problem with the hotel. We had deluxe room with sea view, although currently this also has a view of new hotels being built between the hotel and the sea. Our only drawback was that there are no gardens as such, it’s a town hotel like most others, albeit a short walk – 5-10 minutes from the beach.

Spotlessly clean, Good swimming pools (one at rooftop level) , excellent breakfast. Attentive and friendly staff who mostly speak some English. They also have an all day ‘small goats’ club. I use that phrase as that what kid means. I wish people would use ‘children’s’ instead of 'kids'.

Excellent wifi in room and throughout.
Step outside and there are many many places to eat, to suite all tastes.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Graham P
Rolf O, General Manager at Panan Krabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Graham P

Thanks and we appreciate your review and all comments are well noted. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all was according to your liking. Regarding the booking issue, let us investigate and we will make sure a smooth future handling of that

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and remain with