“Nice hotel - But you Need a motorbike”

The Nine Thipthara Klongson Resort
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They gave us an upgrade room- Bungalow with Pool view. The Bungalow ist huge, the bed is just a Dream. Very clean and good smell. Just the walls are thinner than Paper. We heard everything from
The neighbours which was Really Distorbing. The breakfast is ok the Service in the Restaurant is Strange. When we asked for the pinutbutter they gave us the Wohle glass from the supermarket. The girls from the receprion are very helpful and lovely.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I wanted a space where I could relax and unwind, and The Nine Thipthara at Klongson Resort offered exactly what I needed!

On arrival, I was given a passion fruit juice and told that I had been upgraded to a poolside room. I did not mind which room I was in as long as it was comfortable. Little did I know that the poolside room and me were going to be the perfect fit.

The room itself was heavenly. The bedroom is extremely spacious, with comfortable, modern fittings, wooden floors and huge flat-screen tv (I did not use).
The bathroom is massive and modern. It also doubles up as the hanging closet and kitchenette/bar fridge area, which may sound odd, but the floor plan is very well laid out and it is a comfortable room to be in.

I loved the touches of essential oil burner, bathrobes and slippers, pool sandals and shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in beautiful containers, all adding to the feeling of luxurious relaxation.

The pool access area meant that I had a porch with a rocking chair (great for watching the rain) and a deck with pool loungers, just a few short steps to the pool itself. The pool size is fine for the amount of people at the resort. I read a review that said it was small but I did not once feel that it was too crowded.

I loved the peace and tranquility at the resort, which has a mountain as backdrop when having your breakfast. There is a quietly bubbling stream and surrounding jungle (and jungle noises!).

All in all, a very relaxing space and I would go back if I visited Krabi again :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank thefroofroo
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for around 6 days. Indeed the place is remote but very easy to rent motorbike and drive around the area. It’s a secluded resort in a wonderful tropical setting. Very quite and as mentioned a bit remote but that’s what I like and prefer. Bungalows are very beautiful with lot of eye for details. Traveled around in Asia for many years but this one goes in my top 10.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank harriedebeer
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

No need to speak about the place, pictures are enough. Amazing !

But the service is not at the same standard as the infrastructure. First of all its a remote place 5km from the beaches and the living Ao Nang. Good point for calm but (i’m here talking to the gnl manager, not the staff which try to do their best) you need to improve 2 points : your restaurant and the side services.

The restaurant is closing at 17h but there is only 1 place to eat nearby (and a good one « juan thip »)... restaurant with no fresh coconuts, no mango, no lime (these fruits are sold in every tiny shop all across Thailand) and to finish with food, the breakfast is not a 4*, no choice, cheap bread, no pastries, 2 bad jam in plastic container.

The side services are crucial because you are away from the town :
- 1 shuttle a day at 16h30 is useless to enjoy the beach. Even if you people pay for it, people need to go downtown after breakfast, after lunch, etc... Proposing to rent scooter (50% more than in town) is not an answer.
- you need to have local contacts (cab, tour, boat, etc...) not possible to propose a airport transfert 2 times more expensive than what we I found with 1 phone call to official cab company
- you need to help your customer to discover your country : catfish farm, elephants, beaches, restaurants

By the way, where are u Mr/Ms general manager ? for 10 days we saw no one in charge, and your workers and doing there best with what they have...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julien M
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 10 days. We were mesmerized by the location, the place is well kept and the garden is looking amazing. Our room was splendid and huge, with the biggest bathroom ever. Shower outside amazing. The ladies at the reception and the restaurant staff very friendly and ready to help you at all moments. But:

* Pool looks great but they definitely need a robot to clean it during the night as it has tons of sand and other stuff at the bottom.

*Breakfast not at all at the standard of the place they could do much better!!!

*Restaurant a big disappointment! No lime or lemon ? No mango no coconut no banana? Every time we asked for smth. we got at least one ‘’Sorry, no have!’’ . And seriously banana and coconut and even lime are like the pillars of thai cuisine!

*I would recommend precisely showing what you want before ordering a cocktail as we got a pina colada in a martini glass:) ( definitely not the fault of the two ladies who were there during the 10 days day and afternoon! By the way when do these people have their off day?)

*We had difficulty sleeping for the last two nights as our neighbors had the jet lag and we could hear everything in their room.

*Need serious review for shuttle service and taxi prices as it is double from what it should be!

*Spa service good but as a former spa manager I could not say it was a great experience. Go for a thai massage but do not try other stuff.

*First time that we got asked about the laundry bag at the check out and about a hanger which I was using to hang my clothes for the flight so I was definitely not going to fly back home with :) you need to chill out guys:)!!!

I hope that all the comments even though they may come harsh at first will allow other travelers to have a better experience in this place of paradise and I hope that for the beautiful hotel it will bring a good evolution.

Thanks again to the lady at the reception ( the one that speaks good english ) who was great!

Oh and one last thing: Please change the music at the restaurant! 10 days same music every day !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple