All reviews standard rooms are a lot of noise huge room rooms are great nice bathroom cleaned every day hotel is situated ground floor few minutes walk buffet breakfast hotel staff ning balcony krabi ventilation motorbike railay
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a nice place to lay your head well this is the place. Right across from the beach and right in the middle of where you want to be. The staff here are friendly and always greet you with a smile

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a resort this is not the place to be in. If you just need a place to stay in (a room), then it's good base in the center of Aonang.

The GOOD:
- great location. Everything is nearby. The beach is just across the road.
- good breakfast buffet. The young lady making eggs is very sweet and amiable.
- bang for the buck. At low season the standard room is 700 baht and the deluxe room is 1100 baht. The only difference is the latter having a balcony. I think it's the cheapest of this standard of hotel and location.
- big spacious rooms
- good wifi
- good band playing at their restaurant.

The BAD:
- there is no personal touch or warmth to your stay here. It's more like an inn where you go in and out of the room and never meet any of the staff. If you do, they're not the most accommodating.
- pillows are lumpy, no duvet (instead they place a blanket in-between two flat sheets which all ends up in a mess in the middle of the night), worn out towels
- there is a moldy smell when you come in the room when the a/c isn't working.
- noise from the band playing at night

The UGLY:
- the pool copings used are actually just floor tiles. The edges are very sharp and rough. I got a very bad scrape on my back just leaning on the pool edge, and my 2 year old scraped her foot while coming out of the pool (see pictures). I think management needs to buff the edges out especially the ones that are broken since it's a safety hazard.
- don't go early for breakfast or you'll be shooed off. Breakfast is at 7am, I got there 5 mins early since we were going to catch an early flight, and I could get a bite while the baby was still asleep. I saw that everything was ready, the staff was just standing waiting. I drank a glass of water first just to see, when no one seemed bothered by my presence I proceeded to take a plate and get some food. The older lady grumbled to her companions and went straight to me and told me off until 7! ... So OK, I waited for 5 minutes and seeked for her approval first.

Hospitality at its best! Of course it's hotel policy but I think it could be handled more graciously or with exemptions for guests with early flights.

Overall, I would still recommend this hotel for 3 things: good location, good breakfast, spacious rooms.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Mehr-lion
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 3 nights and honestly out of everywhere we've visited in Thailand this resort was the most unwelcoming. First impression was a flop. Secondly our safe did not work we called the first time and immediately it sounded like we were a bother to the receptionist and were told " I'm busy I'll come in 10 minutes" no one every showed up. We went downstairs and told her " we're going to step out whenever you're not busy please see if it's possible to fix the safe" we come back to a safety box that still doesn't work to call back again and be told well we fixed it nothing else we can do. Thirdly your shower head..???? An easy fix to make your guest happy seriously especially that your a "beach resort" and sand sticks to every possible inch of your body. Nonetheless I would not recommend the only reason I gave it a two star is because the location is perfect that's all.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alianto93
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Customer Service @ Front Counter was terrible. The Staff are rude and need more training how to speak politely. Housekeeping personnel are similar and very rough in handling customer's belongings. Need training in communication. Food are bad taste & not much choice. Aircond problem. Flies (too many) outside the room & stick on the windows. The swimming pool was so dirty. Will not back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Prem S
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We stayed there years ago and were very happy with the Service, Room and otherwise. Right in the Heart and off beautiful Ao Nang Beach, you got anything you need just around the shops there. Unfortunate management had decided to have life entertainment until 11 pm it is impossible to get a good night rest.

Control panel to adjust lighting and Aircon is illegible no manual as to how to operate available?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple