2,432 results
All reviews infinity pool panorama room rooftop bar andamana beach club cocktail party sea view andaman sea beach bag breakfast buffet rain shower hotel lobby the main street superior room massage parlours tour desk stayed here for nights welcome drink
Reviewed 16 November 2015

The staff at the Aonang cliff beach resort showed us, far and away, the best service I have seen in quite some time. Kitty, the front desk receptionist especially went out of her way to make our stay fabulous. From finding a small bag of dried rice to allow me to dry my phone that temporarily stopped working, because I dropped it in the water...To allowing us to clean ourselves off after we had checked out after a long day of rock climbing in the Railay area.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone going to the Krabi area.

The accommodations are spot on for a 4 star hotel in SE Asia. Nothing mind blowing, but everything was clean, comfortable, and expected. The free breakfast and very inexpensive but delicious dinner buffet was good too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear Ailkka

Thank you for sharing your positive review with us. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our property, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location. We are also thankful for your praise, we love to hear that all of the staff efforts are appreciated and that out service standards remain high.

Your complimentary are gratefully acknowledged by our team. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Team.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

4 of us check into 2 rooms. located on the 2 level not facing the street.

We were greeted by 2 lovely ladies when we got out of our car, welcome drinks were served along with Lemongrass scented cold towel which was very good.

while 2 of my friends went 7-11 to grab some stuff, we were informed by the lady that our rooms were ready and she handed the room card to 2 bellboys to show us the rooms.

Told the bellboys to give us 5 mins as my friends were not back yet, they acknowledged but just after 1 min of waiting they started grabbing our bags and wanted us to follow them to the rooms. They showed annoyed faces when i told no and wanted to wait for my friends.( I dont see why they are rushing to show us to the rooms as it was not even busy)

Room was pretty neat and clean. Could put in more effort to clean area behind the tv,shelves and bedside lamps which were kinda dusty

Breakfast choice was alright.

free inroom wifi was provided.speed is good.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear YongBB

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the location and nice room, while really saddened to read about your unpleasant service experience. We sincerely apologize for letting you down, despite our continuous efforts to provide our guest with genuine Thai hospitality. Your observations have been shared with all concerned and have been taken to heart.

Warm Regards,
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Team.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We were greeted by lovely hotel staff, friendly and helpful. However my first impressions of this hotel and this area of Krabi was very disappointing. Our travel agent had booked our accommodation for us, big mistake, so when we were shown to our room it was awful, tired, old fashioned and the room looked onto the road. We asked to change rooms, which they did but for this we had to pay extra. The room had had ocean view but was still tired looking in need of refurbishment.
The hotel is on a busy street next door to McDonalds, and there is a walk to the beach, which is ok. The hotel have access to a beach club where there is a free shuttle. Towels are provided on this beaching it is just ok. I did have a great massage there which was worth the visit.
Breakfast at the hotel was fine, breakfast staff lovely. We also ate an evening meal at the hotels buffet which was very nice.
I think the professional photos of this hotel are misleading as our room did not match these photos and I wondered if I was looking at the same hotel. We only stayed three nights before moving on, so it was bearable, but would not choose this hotel again.
In summary, staff helpful and friendly, rooms were clean and towels changed often. Wifi was good.

Room tip: Always ask for a sea view room otherwise you get the view of the busy road

Dear Barbie M

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent visit at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort. We regret that you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Our annual maintenance program is unfortunately slightly delayed due to very high occupancy. Kindly accept our sincere apologies.

Your complimentary comments of the hotels staff and appreciation of service are gratefully acknowledged by our team. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday to celebrate during the weekend. The first impression of the hotel was superb, the staff greets you and lets you sit down at their lobby while they take care of the check in process and you do not have to worry about anything. We arrived to the hotel a little early so we had to wait for the room to be ready. However the waiting time was very reasonable and the staff was very efficient in having the room as soon as possible. Khun Yob escorted us to the room and I have to say this guy is probably one of the few people who actually knows how to be of great service to the guests. During our entire stay, Khun Yob was always smiling and willing to help us even when we did not even ask for it. Upon arrival to our room we found a great surprise on the bed to congratulate me for my birthday (which was arranged by my girlfriend through an email prior to arrival). Then Khun Yob proactively sent a cake that same day since he asked me during the check in if we were celebrating something special and I think this shows great service from Khun Yob. After check-in I can tell you that the service simply dropped from 10 to 0. The hotel was nice enough to provide us with a room upgrade to an oceanview room which comes with a bathtub on the balcony. However when I asked if they had any bubblebath or anything they could provide that is similar, the front office staff simply said no and did not even try to offer any further assistance. Then I tried to ask for a pair of scissors and the front desk staff again denied service and said that if I wanted the scissors I could go get them myself and I could not bring them to my room or anywhere else. The breakfast has a good selection but the attitude and service of most of the staff is very poor as well. They serve you coffee without a spoon and I guess they want you to stir it with your finger or with whatever you can find. Then, on the second day after I come back from a day tour I realize that my comb was missing from the bathroom. When I try to address this problem with the management they simply said that housekeeping did not take it and did not even see it when they cleaned the room. Then they said they would send somebody from housekeeping to check for me and when the person arrived to my room he did not even know what was wrong. This shows horrible communication skills among the staff, they should have informed the housekeeping manager what the problem was and not just make him show up and say "how may I help you?" I had to tell this guy the story all over again and did not even solve the problem. After that I requested to speak to the hotel manager because I was not getting the proper service that this hotel says they do. The front desk agent said she could make an appointment the next day at 9AM and that the hotel manager would meet me at the breakfast. Of course, that did not happen. The next day I arrive to the breakfast and I ask the hostess to contact the manager to let him know I arrived. She did absolutely nothing and I saw her chit chat and ignore my request. Then I had to contact Khun Mard (Supervisor) and he finally contacted Khun Among (Assistant Hotel Manager) who approached my table. I talked to this person who is a "Manager" and even though I encouraged him to write everything down, he did nothing. He stood there apologizing and saying he was sorry but he did nothing. After I was finished with my story, he said "Just write it down and leave it at the reception" and that was his way of solving the issue. I am very sorry, but this guy does not have the service standards to be a manager at this level. He displayed the poor service that most of the staff does in this property. They tried to cover up all their mistakes with a late check out, but even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door at 1PM the Housekeeper knocked on my door and opened the door of my room without even asking. I am deeply disappointed in this hotel and I would not return to this place, EVER. I must say the only people I consider to have a good service attitude and who truly deserve to work in a hotel like this are Khun Yob, Khun Lee (Duty Manager at Front Office) and Khun Mard (Supervisor at Breakfast). Aside from these people, I can say that the front office staff is one of the most dull, rude and cold staff I have ever encountered in any hotel.

Room tip: Oceanview rooms have a nice view of Ao Nang

Dear Salvador L

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent visit at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the location and splendid views, and you had such a wonderful birthday with the birthday arrangement in the room surprised you upon arrival. Thank you for pointing out our staffs name who had full fill your stay with their excellent service.

For the points you raised about the missing comb and the communication skills of the staff were seriously noted and regret that the standard of service was not experience by you. Please accept our sincere apology about the unpleasant service experience. Our management members talking to you on different occasions and regrets that we could not meet your expectation.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve the next time you visit Aonang.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

We stayed in this resort with 2 more families (of friends) for a week in Feb this year. Biggest plus for this place is the location. Right across the street are so many restaurant choices and shopping options. Walk to beach hardly takes 10 minutes where you can see amazing sun sets.
We had got a good deal for 5 nights (Krabi Romance package although we weren't on honeymoon :)), which also included a airport pickup/drop + trip to either phi phi island or Hone Island (we chose Phi phi) + a spa treatment. Since our son was just about 1 year old, we didn't pay extra for him.
Here are the minuses:
1) Although the location as such is great but the hotel rooms are quite up in the cliff and needs a good walk on the steps.
2) The breakfast spread could get better.
3) The room service/housekeeping could get better.
4) One of the days we stayed there, there was a power cut for about 5 hours and there was nothing to do on that hot day! Even spa wasnt working!
5) As part of the package, we were allowed a spa treatment. when we spoke with the spa and told them our room numbers, they told us that we have 3 different sittings/treatments per head. we were pleasantly surprised. Since we were 3 couples, all travelling with small children, we decided that the ladies would go for the treatments together and then the men would go together next. When the men went for their 2nd session, that there was a mistake with the Spa and they over-offered us; apparently our package offered just one session per head! Even though the ladies weren't charged, the men were charged for their second session and our third sessions were cancelled.
6) Wifi wasn't so great. Had some connectivity issues, when we facetimed.

Bottom Line - this resort has great location and if only they get their staffing/service right, they would go a long way in impressing their guests!

Room tip: While booking, ask for rooms with good sea view.
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AniHari

Dear AniHari,

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for choosing Aonang Cliff Beach Resort as your holiday destination. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time sharing your experience and thanks for the great comment about the location.

We have taken your feedback with all concerns about our service and we regret to learn about those inconvenient. Please be assured that we have sheared your remarks with our management team and we will make it a priority to improve on the area mentioned.