All reviews value for money buffet breakfast frankie and bennies an industrial estate bath towels wet room pub next door city centre would stay again what it says on the tin good size reception desk plenty of free parking the ground floor twin room business park short stay
Reviewed 15 July 2018

The idea of Reception swanning around in Tee shirts does not appeal. However trying to get service was like pulling teeth. The room allocated had not been cleaned nor the bed made. Again the effort expended to have that resolved took an unnecessary length of time. The breakfast was poor as well. Not our best Ibis experience by a long way.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Some of the friendliest staff I have encountered at a hotel in the UK. I can honestly say that without any hesitation. I'll go through this review systematically.

Parking: 5/5
Plenty of parking, and staff immediately assist with registering your car with the hotel.

Staff: 5/5
Friendly, always available, seem genuinely happy to help. Helped immediately with an issue of who paid for my stay (company policy etc etc I had to pay not the organisation I work for blah blah, they sorted it simply and quickly).

Room: 4/5
Decent space, comfy bed although pillows were a little hard, work space and a small-mid size TV. Remote was glitchy as hell (P- button turned volume up, vol+ button did nothing, no buttons went back channels) but that's really small fry stuff. Super hot room in this heatwave, and no way of cooling room down.

Bathroom: 5/5
Working sink, toilet and shower. Space for toiletries and hotel provided shower gel etc was nice.

Food: 5/5
Can't say for evening meal as ate out each night of stay, however breakfast was on point. Buffet style, nicest bacon going and decent selection of cereals. One tiny gripe, perhaps a little bit more fresh fruit (watermelon, grapes etc) especially in the hotter months.

Location: 3/5
No nearby supermarkets for random purchases and nowhere really to go for a walk or a run. A couple of restaurants nearby but for those who want to be spoilt for choice for their evening meals, you're going to have to drive a little further into Lincoln.

Long Story Short: 4/5
I try not to give 5/5 for anywhere as there is always a little something that just about knocks it down to a 4/5. However, I travel a LOT for work, and this hotel is definitely one that I not only will recommend, but have already recommended to colleagues.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor, elevator is painfully slow.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2018

just spent one night with my granddaughter,the staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable unfortunately the lifts were out of action but were put on the first floor so no bother.would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We came here with my elderly father in law for two nights. The room was clean and had everything you need for a short break. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Parking was excellent and although they served food, we chose to eat in the pub. Good location

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I recently parked for 20 minutes in the car park, having dropped off an elderly guest. Two weeks later I received a parking charge of £60.00! I wasn't very happy about the situation.I have appealed the parking charge as being unreasonable, with the company that is responsible for the car park (not the Ibis hotel by the way) but they have upheld the charge. The Ibis hotel said they aren't responsible for the car park and that there are signs in the car park.
There is signage in the car park stating that cars will need a permit, which one would expect at a hotel but most of us would assume that this refers to the cars of guests staying at the hotel and parking overnight. It's only In smaller print underneath that it states that guests/visitors need a permit.
Needless to say,I did not look at the signage when I parked to drop off a guest at the hotel as I've not heard of the practice before and assumed you wouldn't need a permit.
So to all future guests of the Ibis hotel Lincoln, make sure even if someone is only parking in a space whilst dropping you off to carry your bags inside - they still have to get a permit from the hotel otherwise, they'll incur a hefty parking charge!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business