All reviews value for money buffet breakfast frankie and bennies an industrial estate walk in shower pub next door city centre would stay again what it says on the tin good size plenty of free parking the ground floor twin room business park short stay ring road bed was comfortable
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I arrived late in the evening after a long drive and was greeted by one of the lovely team.

There appears to be no physical ‘reception’ desk, instead the staff carry around phones that you can check in on.

For me, check in was very straight forward, I ordered some food from the late night snack bar and went to bed. My room was comfortable. The bed was nice and comfy and had a good hot powerful shower.

The fire alarm went off randomly at about 7am. I was already up and dressed so left my room and saw some other guests wandering in the corridors- all of us a bit unsure what to do. A few minutes later the alarm turned off so we all decided to go back to our room.

Breakfast was average to be honest. The food was alright, nothing special. Not many places to sit meant that the tables they did have were over crowded. The layout of plates/cutlery/mugs/glasses etc is really strange. You have to open various draws in order to find a cup. Surely there is a better way to display cutlery/plates.

Staff are very friendly and lovely. For me, the hotel was good, just let down by the breakfast.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel was booked for a break away of stress and to get away to a beautiful city.
I am one who accepts what you pay is what you get and the hotel is spot on, clean, friendly staff great location however, Myself and my partner were kept up all night from the sound of people’s doors closing. It may sound silly but I’ve never heard anything like it before.
We were staying on the second floor and each time someone went in their room and the door closed it as loud as a shotgun being fired which, in the middle of the night I thought it was until my partner realised it was just people’s doors.
I do not expect to be woken by the unbelievably loud sound in this beautiful hotel.
I expect being in a city people come in at 3am which I have no problem with if they are loud fine but when the doors make the sound they do I’m surprised they have not been replaced and no one else has commented.
I am very disappointed as this was one night away to enjoy so if you wish for a peaceful night sleep on the second floor then I would not recommend this hotel.
I cannot comment on the other floors they may be different.
Disappointing for such a nice hotel. I would recommend for this to be looked at please by someone of managerial level.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieL3008
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This hotel is great. We use it regularly always consistent for value. Good location friendly staff Great variety for breakfast and tea/coffee facilities in room. We were on second floor room 227. This time the room was looking a bit dated carpet needed a clean and plug in wash basin a bad fit I had a word with reception who are always keen to receive feedback and they were going to rectify. We were there two nights and if we had requested a room change would have been offered but for two nights we were happy to stay in room. We will always choose this hotel for value, friendliness, facilities, cleanliness and location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 10 March 2018

booked because I had an appointment early next day in the 'industrial estate' surrounding hotel. Hotel is located just off A46. When I arrived staff could not find my booking. But as I always carry booking on phone I was able to show I had a booking. Then suddenly booking was found. I was told I was being given a quiet room. Arrived in room to find light fitting broken and card holder by door (to maintain power) was held together by tape. Clearly maintenance is an issue. And my quiet room faced the dual carriageway and had 'free ear plugs'. Returned to reception where on being asked if there was a problem I said maybe it depend whether you are providing proper accommodation. I was provided another room on the quiet side of hotel but that too had ear plugs. Although with the window shut I did not have any noise problem. Are the ear plugs a joke? Now the room layout in this purpose built hotel is similar to a premier inn. But I don't stay often at premier inns since they increased prices about 2 years ago. This hotel was about £20 cheaper but not worth it. The second room also had maintenance issues with the sink. I am unlikely to be in Lincoln again but if I am I know where I will not be staying.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank carib_visitor
stacey b, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Carbi_visitor,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Lincoln. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the maintenance problems and prevent future occurrence.

Kind Regards

Stacey Bonney
Team Leader

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We booked our room on the internet & this was our first stay. We felt in comparison with other places in this area was very good.
The car park is free & on your arrival it is booked into their computer. We had a warm welcome with informative information from the staff. Although, I did feel the breakfast was quite expensive at £8:95 each. There is plenty of places to eat within walking distance.
The room was pleasant good amenities hair dryer, kettle, coffee , t.v.& comfortable bed.
We have been very pleased with this stay & would not hesitate in using this company again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Linds S, Thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased that you liked your room and our amenities as well as receiving a warm welcome on arrival from our team . I hope that you return to stay with us again soon. Kind regards, Stacey Bonney Team Leader