All reviewssteak nightthe owner chefvillage pubbranston hallwagonwedding
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I visited the Waggon and Horses for dinner on a Tuesday evening and was welcomed by the staff offering a variety of drinks at the bar. This place certainly fits the iconic vision of a traditional British pub and it's wonderful. I had sirloin steak which was full of flavour and a healthy portion at that. I had a delicious, filling meal at a reasonable price. The large log burner was a nice focal point in the dark and cold of winter. If you're in the area I recommend a visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My parents-in-law stayed in the rooms here and my husband and I had dinner with them in the pub. Their rooms were lovely and spacious, and our meals were really excellent! We took advantage of the steak night and they were all cooked exactly as requested, and there were lots of comments about the lovely chips. Together with the friendly welcome and atmosphere, I wouldn't hesitate to return, and I hope we do!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed for 1 night to attend a wedding at nearby Branston Hall. The landlord was very welcoming and friendly. Our room was large and clean. The shared bathroom was not a problem and had plenty of hot water and again was clean. It started to rain heavily and the landlord offered to drive us to Branston Hall which you wouldn't get from a chain hotel. It is only 5 mins walk but in the rain dressed for a wedding it was hugely appreciated! The breakfast was lovely and served over the road in a cafe as part of our stay. I would recommend staying here to others.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Good value for money. Never had a bad meal yet and been many times. Can never manage a dessert and the waffles are brilliant.

Steak night a must on a Wednesday. Ribeye as good as any steak restaurant at half the price.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We have been into the Wagon and Horses twice when we have visited Branston and I must say that you will not get a better fresh steak pie anywhere. The steak was also out of this world. The owner and staff were excellent. Even though we have not stayed overnight, we would definitely recommend the food to anyone who passes.

Stayed: May 2017