1,221 results
All reviews groupon deal afternoon tea jacuzzi and sauna small pool honeymoon suite lovely grounds log fire country house old building bar meals an upgrade four poster scones three course meal lovely break birthday treat leisure facilities
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Staff and food in the restaurant was very good and I would recommend eating here. Sadly we also stayed the night in a standard room paying £120 for the privilege, complete waste of money the room was small and the furniture and decor dated and tired. If the hotel was £60 a night with breakfast I would have understood but it was double that with out breakfast, a complete rip off. We also stayed on the hottest night of the year and although we can't blame the hotel for this, the small room was stifling and made for a terrible nights sleep.

My advice eat and run to the nearest Premier Inn they have air con included.

Room Tip: Look at the local budget hotels and don't stay here
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank G
HRGuestRelations, Manager at Branston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Frank G,

Thank you for your constructive comments, we will review all of your feedback and they will be acted upon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I come often as possible to the UK, and when I come I try to visit my friend in Lincoln. She is slowing down these days ( in her 80’s) but who isn’t! I found Branstonhall hotel online. It looked quite nice and had a pool and a spa, and it was in Lincoln. I thought it a great place to spend a few days with my friend.

The hotel is an older manor house with limited grounds around. It’s had a nice new paint job and a general sprucing up. Rooms are well kept and mine was very nice. Newer plumbing!!

The staff is very friendly if a bit in their own world. The “ pool”was a complete disappointment. A small room with a small pool, sauna and jacuzzi with no ventilation or chairs or outside view. And very hot. England is in the grip of a heat wave and any older manor/hotel will not have air conditioning. As a spoiled American I have been wilting with only fans and open windows ( no screens) for relief.

They have a nice restaurant and bar area. The food is fair. You might want to get a taxi and eat in town. The breakfast buffet is very average. No one in England seems to like French toast or pancakes but beans and stewed tomatoes are always their.

Overall I would say by American standards it is a 3 star fighting to be better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sandy C,

Reviewed 24 July 2018

This hotel is a beautiful old country house in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside set within glorious grounds of manicured lawns and woods. There is a large outside terrace overlooking fields and woodlands, and allowing for total relaxation.

The hotel is reached by a long tree-lined avenue and one’s immediate reaction is “this is lovely”. The reception area is quite small, and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
My bedroom was at the front of the building, overlooking the gardens, and it was hot and stuffy when I arrived. I telephoned to reception to ask for a fan which was brought up immediately and the young woman also opened a window for me. She then offered me a jug of iced water, which she brought up within a couple of minutes.
The bedroom was a nice size, and very pleasant, although the furnishings were slightly dated. There was a dressing table with a mirror, with lights on either side. This was most welcome as I have found that most hotels, even 5 * have inadequate mirrors and lighting for putting on makeup. The bathroom was modern, with a semi-circular bath, and a mirror with a light over it (it wasn’t working).
The bed was comfortable and the room reasonably quiet (apart from a cock crowing somewhere in the distance at 4.00 a.m.) and someone leaving at 7.30.

A kettle is provided, with tea and coffee. However, there was only strong English tea, and I suggest that the hotel provides a couple of herbal alternatives.
My cousin had a room at the back which was similar to mine, with a slightly smaller bathroom. She was overlooking buildings from which emanated a humming noise all night which disturbed her sleep.

After taking a walk round the grounds we had a pre-dinner drink on the terrace while we perused the dinner menu. Sitting there overlooking fields and woodland, we both felt that we were enjoying a real holiday, even though we were only away for one day and night.

There is a very large lounge with tired looking, outdated heavy armchairs. The bar area was also very large, with heavy dark brown chairs, which have seen better days and also need to be updated.

We dined in the dining room which was a lovely bright room, with large windows. It was a pity that in such glorious weather they do not serve dinner on the terrace. However, the table was beautifully set, with a linen tablecloth and linen napkins.
We both ordered grilled tiger prawns with an Asian salad and chili dipping sauce. It looked delicious and was excellent. My cousin followed that by a tiramisu, which was a very large portion, and very tasty. I had a scoop on raspberry sorbet.
It was an excellent dinner, with first class service.

I wish I could say the same about breakfast. Grilled kippers were on the menu and I was looking forward to having them, as they are banned from home because of the way the smell permeates the house. I was presented with a plate of ‘boil-in-the-bag’ kippers which were inedibly salty. I then ordered poached eggs with grilled tomatoes. The tomatoes were perfect, but the eggs were overcooked. The choice of breads was either white or brown out of a packet from some supermarket! The croissant however, were good. There was also a bowl of grapefruit segmants, prunes and fruit salad and cereals.

Irrespective of the disappointing breakfast, and my other criticisms the hotel was good value for money, and very restful and I would certainly return there. It is also only a 15 minute drive to the centre of Lincoln, so is a good place to stay if you wish to visit the historic sites.

The staff at the hotel were all excellent, helpful and friendly. I commend them all.

Room Tip: Do not get one overlooking buildings at the side
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear JayL17,

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We met two friends from Cheshire (we live in Kent) for a two day spa and golf get together. The weather was hot hot hot and our rooms were on an upper floor and they were like ovens. It is an old building and there is no air conditioning so we had to adapt to the conditions with a fan and open windows. That didn't spoil the ambiance of the hotel which is a lovely old house (big big house) with lovely grounds and a lake. It is in a very quiet spot so you can relax. The food was good and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. Thank you. My wife and her friend used the spa which was excellent and use was made of the swimming pool. However one point, my wife prefers her breakfast to be served rather that self service, but having said that the breakfast was good and varied with a large selection. We enjoyed our break.

Room Tip: Luxury suites are best but in hot weather have a ground floor room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HRGuestRelations, Manager at Branston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear John T,
Many thanks for sharing your feedback and comments using the TA forum.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Guest Relations at Branston Hall Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely picturesque hotel great welcoming reception area dealt with quickly and pleasantly- rooms are probably in need of a revamp but they are nipping clean and have everything you need.
I had steak and salad whilst watching Football in the bar and all was good - beer on par for type of hotel although lime and soda bloody expensive!
Breakfast buffet is excellent great choice all nicely cooked.
Happily stay again without any reservations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Phillip L,

Thank you for your lovely comments; we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards