All reviews country house halibut own garden guinea fowl pre dinner drinks sitting room course dinner open fire relaxing weekend an overnight stay county limerick tea coffee both nights porridge from start to finish stayed one night four poster bed
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived for a two night stay in the beautifully appointed echo lodge. Service on the first night was genial but the food wasn't great my wife had pigeon starter and I had halibut was only so so. I had a pasta main which was watery and disappointing, my wife had goat which was tough.
On the 2nd night there was a food transformation with both starters and Mains excellent but my salad was perfunctory and wasn't assembled by a professional.
My desert of banana ice cream was exceptional, my wife's chocolate concoction was as dense as a neutron star.
The staff were continuously pushing us to order or complete a course which behaviour I found distasteful in a fine dining eaterie, regardless of how busy it was.
The young serving staff were overly familiar which may be down to training but was strange

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ProfessorRathgar
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We recently had dinner at the Mustard Seed. It was absolutely delicious. We had been in Killarney and were travelling home. being just outside Adare in the village of Ballingarry, it's the perfect stopover if heading back up to Dublin etc. I particularly loved the rhubarb dessert. John Edward and his team were so welcoming. Definitely recommend it and looking forward to going back in a few months time.

Room tip: Speak with John Edward and he will be only too happy to recommend something to suit your needs.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Aoife0906
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I had eaten at the old mustard seed in ADare in the early 90's and was visitng old friends in the area . We had DInner at the restaurant at echo Lodge and were delighted with every aspeact of our visit . warmest of Irish welcomes professional friendly service and exceptonal food serven in a tranquil and beautiful location . All the ingredients for a perfect reunion of friends Thank you all at the Mustard seed for a memorable evening

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2018

My wife and I really enjoyed staying at the Mustard Seed at Echo Lodge near the small village of Ballingarry, Ireland. The room was especially nice and cozy, and the property as a whole was special; it is the modernized version of an English Country House. The food in the restaurant was delicious, and the service was excellent. In fact, the entire staff at the Mustard Seed was courteous and friendly. We highly recommend this B&B when traveling near Limerick.

Room tip: Every room seems to be good choice.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped over for one night on the way to Dingle from Ashford Castle. It has been awhile since I stayed in a B and B but I am glad it was this one. The staff was so welcoming from beginning to end that you felt like you were visiting close family. And the dinner was excellent to boot.

Date of stay: August 2018