All reviews country house halibut own garden guinea fowl pre dinner drinks sitting room course dinner open fire relaxing weekend an overnight stay county limerick tea coffee both nights porridge from start to finish stayed one night four poster bed
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We travelled with our 2 French bulldogs for a one night stay in the dog friendly mews with dinner and breakfast. I had heard great things but the night exceeded expectations. The accommodation is perfect for dogs with access to a secluded courtyard. Dinner was one of if not the best I have ever had. However hands down the best thing is the service so relaxed and everything you want for a quality place. Feeling a bit nervous with 2 dogs who are well behaved but also excitable but we had nothing to worry about. Even when one of them ran straight into the reception!

I would more then happily return again and looking forward to our next visit! Well worth every penny!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cin0211
Reviewed 7 July 2018

This is a fabulous country house hotel in a most gorgeous setting. We had a suite which was divine, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sitting room, kitchen and patio with furniture. Beautiful decor, furniture and ornamentation. The staff were exceptionally personable and welcoming. The food at dinner was fine dining at an exceptional standard. Extremely pleasant experience. Being offered a final round of coffee and (homemade) biscuits on the patio where we had lingered, chatting in the sunshine topped the excellent hospitality and service.

Room tip: All rooms are divine but the suites are the best
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018

If your for an elegant and authentic original experience as it comes to cuisine then the mustard seed is definitely a must stop destination. John Edward and his staff have created a wonderful atmosphere that goes hand in hand with fantastic food.
If you want to see where your meal comes from a walk of the picturesque grounds is in order both to aid digestion and to show where many of the vegetables and herbs come from, I cannot recommend enough.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rryan439
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We dined at the mustard seed as part of a birthday celebration. From the moment we arrived the experience was totally chilled, we were looked after as if we were regulars and felt at home.

The food and wine was amazing and we were sorry when the last course was finished. We spent over 3.5hrs there enjoying our meal and relaxing in the beautiful library.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank erinhackett87
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I loved this so much, I came back! A Dublin-area friend recommended the Mustard Seed so I booked for one night on my way down to Kerry to host a group for a week. I loved it so much, I booked another night on my way back up to Shannon.

The gorgeous country house is about 40 min outside Limerick in Ballingarry, a tiny village on a windy road. Drive up the sweeping drive of gardens and manicured lawns to the luxurious and welcoming entrance. John Edward and his staff are top notch: friendly, and fun and professional. The restaurant is elegant and the food delicious and creative. Both of my rooms were comfortable and wonderfully quiet. I would definitely return again!

Date of stay: May 2018