“Wonderful (noisy) hotel”

Cameron Highlands Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We recently spend a few nights at CHR during our Tour-de-Malaysia. The hotel were nice, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful when we had trouble getting one of our onward reservations in place.
We had booked connecting rooms as we traveled 4 persons together. Bedding was perfect - one large and two single beds but we lacked a bathroom as only one of the two rooms had bathroom / toilet.
As pointed out in other reviews - there are considerable noise from the street until very late at night. When we pointed it out to the night staff he came up and adjusted the curtains and pretended he had never heard about it before ... :-(.
The view from the rooms / balconies are not the best for the time being as the golf course are being renovated.
Finally I lack in-room WIFI.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hotfarm
kirinjit, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks on your comments and I note that overall you enjoyed the facilities and services during your stay with us.

I note on your road noise comment and I'm truly very sorry on this poor experiences. Please note that, we have got rooms located on the higher floor which comes with a certain degree of reduction of noise from the street. The roof of the restaurant that reaches the balcony of each of the room is a default filter/block to the road noise but due to this build, these rooms does not offer view from the room balcony.

I and team hope this will not deter you to visit us again and please feel free to notify your agent on these rooms upon your future visit to Cameron Highlands Resort.

Thank you gain for your kind comments and kind regards!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel was very relaxed, and felt very old world, but in a quaint way. The style of decor in general was mock tudor, which was twee but reasonably tasteful. The decor of the rooms was similarly clasic in style, but modern and functional. I quite liked the four poster bed! My only real criticism of the bedrooms was the very flimsy door locks to the balcony; I made quite sure that my valuables were locked in the room safe.

The location is great in general, but the initial view which should have been over the lush greens of the golf course, was let down by the fact that the golf course is in the process of being re-turfed, and so instead of lush green, we looked out on to a see of unattractive muddy grown. The road outside the hotel is the main road through the Cameron Highlands and can see a relative number of lorries rumbling through during the night (I advise ear plugs).

The bar and restaurant offered good food, and decent service. The high tea is a luxury, which is probably over the top, but did feel quite good fun to do. The bar was let down by the fact that the full size snooker table did not have a full set of balls.

The roads to and from the Cameron Highlands are narrow and mountainous. It is a long drive from KL or Penang. If you don't like twisty mountain roads, then think carefully about how you might get here. The Hotel organised taxi drivers for us at a reasonable price, however their driving skills weren't up to UK standards!!!

There is no pool, but a small functional open air gym (also a good spot to liberate more complimentary bottled water!).

The Highlands get chilly in the evenings, so pack a jumper (or reserve the sofas next to the fireplace in the library)!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings!

Thank you very much on your comments shared in your review. I note overall you had a wonderful stay with us and liked the decor around the areas very much.

I would like to apologize on the poor view that your self experienced from your room balcony regards to the golf turf upgrading project and on the noisy road located front. Further info for your future planning upon your return to us, the golf project is scheduled to end on the 16 July 2012.

I hope the above poor experiences will not deter you to choose Cameron Highlands Resort for your next break. Till we meet again, my best wishes to you and family.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Went to CHR over the weekends and just like the other YTL properties.... the service, hotel, food, room etc are perfect! The reason why I stay at to YTL resorts over and over again.

With my back and neck problem, I found the bed to be very comfortable and was plesant surprised that I could choose my pillow type!

The only drawback is the rooms which are all facing the roads can get very noisy at night when I sleep!

Oh yes, the huge lighted trees are absolutely gorgeous at night

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank miemiegirl

Dear Guest,

Greetings from land of berries!

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much on your support and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us very much. Your comments are shared with the team and I have congratulated them on their job well done! I also would like to thank you on choosing YTL properties as your favorite resorts/hotels for your holidays.

I look forward to welcome you back with us in time to come and till we meet again, all the best in 2012!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Drove up to the resort for a weekend getaway. Got there in the late afternoon after visiting the tea plantations. The room we got was really nice and spacious and had a small balcony looking out onto the golf course across the road. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was great. We tried one of their desserts and remember that it was really good and the waiter informed us that it was because the berries were grown in one of the local farms nearby. We also had breakfast included with the room and although it wasn't a buffet it was really good quality stuff we got. Nice pastries to start, fresh juice and a hot breakfast cooked to order.

Lots to do in the area but you'd need a car. If not, it's good enough to just hang around the resort and pamper yourself as they have a spa as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reggiemania
kirinjit, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks on the review and on choosing us for your recent break!

We note you had a memorable time with us and will return to Cameron Highlands Resort in future. We would like to record our highest appreciation for your support and look forward to welcome you back with us.

Till we meet again, our best wishes to you and family.

Kirinjit Singh and Team.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel oozes with prestige and exclusivity , the staff in this hotel is the best I have ever experienced.
At breakfast, the manager and staff of the restaurant provided excellent tips about Cameron highlands and a good place to get great strawberries. My children were provided with complimentary breakfast too.
The room is spacious and comfortable , the children had good fun in the playroom and the open air gym adds a nice touch to the resort.
I truly hope that in my next visit there would be an indoor heated pool in which will make this resort complete.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HolidaysHH

Dear Guest,

Many thanks on your review and on choosing Cameron Highlands Resort for your recent break. I noted that you had a memorable time with us and will return to Cameron Highlands Resort in time to come.

Me and team look forward for the next opportunity to welcome and serve you here at Cameron Highlands Resort.

Till we meet again, our kindest regards to you and family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanah Rata
2.2 km away
Hillview Inn
Hillview Inn
#7 of 13 in Tanah Rata

Been to Cameron Highlands Resort? Share your experiences!