“Simple well cooked meal”

Restaurant Belle Terre
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Lecci
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Decided to have lunch after an earlier coffee on pretty terrace at rear of restaurant and we enjoyed our menu du moment with nicely cooked coquelet in lemon , fresh from the abundant tree in the garden. A tarte aux pommes was perfect apart from a bizarrely spoiled strawberry as decoration. Why put a nearly mouldy fruit on the plate?
The rose wine from Patrimonio was delicious.
Good value at €22 for 2 courses.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We visited this restaurant as I had heard good reports about it and it did not disappoint. We just called in on the off chance and were given a table on the terrace
Although the menu is limited there is enough variation on it which was important as I have two picky teenage eaters. The staff are very welcoming and had the patience and indeed encouraged us to speak French helping us when we struggled as they speak excellent English. This is a mid priced restaurant so it's not cheap to eat here (if this is one of your considerations) however the food and it's presentation is very good and well worth it. The menu reflects the local area and the produce used is very tasty. I went for one of the specials (which as one would expect changes regularly) and the set menu was reasonably priced. However the staff did suggest that we could mix and match main courses and desserts which particularly pleased one of my daughters.
On another note I particularly wish to thank the staff as my youngest daughter who was feeling poorly prior to our arrival offered to box up her meal and let us take it away with us so that she could enjoy it later as it was a small chicken(sorry I can't remember the french for it). If I was staying longer in this area I would definitely eat here again. Tip....parking is at the rear but there is another parking area opposite.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 17 July 2016

We were staying in Lecci and had dinner at Belle Terre on two nights of our holiday. The menu is quite small, and clearly focuses on local specialities, but the food is delicious and beautifully presented.

The owner is lovely, very charming and friendly - she ended up teaching us French phrases and how to order in French! They also did a special dish for me (as a fish-eating non-meat eater) on the second night which was really nice. We ate on the terrace both nights and it's intimate but without feeling like you're too close to other tables.

If you're staying nearby, a visit to Belle Terre is a must. We very much enjoyed our visits here and could not have found a nicer place to eat. A big thumbs up from us.

1  Thank BPH09
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed in Lecci for two weeks and everyday we passed the restaurant and we decided to eat here for our last special meal of our holiday.
We reserved a table which even in June is recommended and would be necessary in July and August.
The food was very good, my wife's red mullet was exceptional, however my lamb was a little disappointing in that I was told it had been cooked slowly for 7 hours and was very tender, but I must admit I have had better tasting lamb from Tesco. When they say it comes with vegetables they mean just potatoe.
We paid about 90 euros for two courses and small bottle of wine and a coke and a small beer.
They are closed on Sunday and Monday. I believe they open for breakfast on a Wednesday morning as there is a small market in the village next to the tourist information office.

1  Thank applegate69
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Following instructions on their web site this restaurant is easy to find at the roundabout in centre of Lecci. Limited parking at rear of restaurant.

My wife and I both ordered the menu Corse, charcuterie plate, pork fillet in honey, and chestnut chocolate tart with hazelnut ice cream.

All courses were well presented, well cooked and very tasty. The only downside is that this selection is very meat heavy - probably enough for a week in the starter and main combined, with the only vegetable being some salad garnish on starter and a solitary cherry tomato with them main. This is not a negative comment, just a warning - stock up on your 5 a day at lunch!

May return to try other selections from menu later in week.

1  Thank ashgreen