“Ice hotel break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cisnadioara
Secret Transylvania Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Cisnadioara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2017

My partner , her two girls and myself wanted something different for birthday celebrations , we contacted Sue at Secret Transylvania who managed to get us booked into the ice hotel just a day before the birthday which was great .
We had long delays going to Luton Airport and missed our flight , we flew out the next morning but to an airport some 100 miles away from Sibiu . This was no problem for Sue who sent our driver John to meet us complete with packed lunch and then took us to a Salt Mine on the way back for a visit which was great .
We booked into the guest house and met Bob who was a great host throughout our stay .
We were given a room above the dining room , please beware ! the door lintle is very low and upon entering for the first time I cracked my head on it and took off a fair bit of skin.........
The two girls were in the room nearest the road , apparently in Romania there are no mains drains but cess pits , the air outside the room smelt very unsavoury , what this is like in the summer I do not know .
Our trip to the ice hotel was better than expected , great cable car ride , plenty of activities there , we had lovely clear blue skies so the views were fantastic , and Bob as usual was very accommodating and full of jokes .
The meal on the ice tables that evening was wonderful considering the cold .
One word of warning though do not think the ice hotel is warm in any way , I just could not sleep with the intense cold and at four in the morning abandoned ship in favour of the cable car warm room..........
We had a trip to Bran castle which the girls loved but it is a fair journey .
We did not meet Di or Jes but Bob and Sue certainly make you feel at home and her cooking is top class.........even had a birthday cake for us , when you go there ask Bob to show you how to open a bottle of bubbly with an Axe !

Many Thanks Bob and Sue for making the trip memorable .

Room Tip: choose room above dining hall but be very very careful of low doorway .
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
jezallen, Owner at Secret Transylvania Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Dave, Sherill and girls,

thank you so much for reviewing us and we're so glad the holiday exceeded your expectations. I would just like to say though, Romania does have mains drains in all towns and most villages. Presently Cisnadioara is an exception but work on this is due to start this spring.
We're delighted you enjoyed the catering, cake and bubbly! Thank you for being such wonderful guests and we do hope to see you all again sometime. Possibly the girls, when they're backpacking through in just a few years :)!

All very best wishes, Sue and Bob

There are newer reviews for Secret Transylvania Guest House

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

A chance meeting in Lily's bar led to a trip of a lifetime to the ice hotel and the wonderful surroundings and activities. Jez made the day completely relaxed and fantastically well organised. Listening to his story of how he, Di, Bob and Sue have established their business was inspirational and their passion for Romania infectious.
We are so grateful that we met and took your guidance. We share your love of this beautiful country!
See you again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JudyAndrews
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My wife and I spent Christmas 2016 with Secret Transylvania and were blown away by the experience ! Everything about our stay was fantastic, the food was out of this world, our accommodation in an apartment a short walk away was very comfortable, clean and welcoming. The numerous trips were expertly organised and great fun. The Lancaster pub which is on site at the main house was a snug, warm, welcoming place to sit and chat, play and loosen the belt after another huge meal. The thing that made our stay even better is the friendliness of the owners, Sue, Bob, Di and Jez, they are so welcoming, funny and easy going and nothing is too much trouble and their enthusiasm for Romania is infectious ! Every time I think about our time there I smile !! We barbecued in the snow above the clouds, stayed in an ice hotel, a walk in the snow before probably the best Christmas dinner I have ever eaten to name just a few things, anyway, If you are thinking of going to spend some time with Secret Transylvania, don't just think about it, do it!! you will not be disappointed !!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shugmonkey72
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

I contacted Secret Transylvania as I was looking for a very last minute short Winter break with my son. From the moment I picked up the phone they were super helpful. Even though they were in the middle of hosting a New Year's party they found me accommodation for the next day, booked a night at the ice-hotel and answered all my queries. They even sent me a picture of Bob so that I would recognise who was picking us up from the airport.
A really great short holiday. Fun, adventure and culture all squeezed into 3 days, with some lovely company from the other guests and the hosts.
I would thoroughly recommend booking up this holiday. We were totally looked after and Transylvania is a fascinating and magical place to visit.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalia B
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We went to Secret Transylivania, after friends reccommended it as a great unusual holiday. They had spent Christmas 2016 there.
We arrived 1am at Sibiu a'port and Bob was waiting for us..
Sue and Bob are the pround owners of this fantastic holiday retreat. The welcome one receives is more like family and friends than paying guests. The hospitalityl, the equistive abundance of food, produced by Sue is absolutely amazing...Bob has a great fun character who will do absolutely anything for you without any thought.
2017 arrived with an abundance of food, wine and the whole village seemed to come out the fireworks...
The fun, laughter games and chat was unending...never had a bbq in snow on the mountains before,,, this is just one of the hidden gems we experienced!!
This holiday will be unforgettable and hopefully willnot be the last!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank highflier186402
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cisnadioara
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea
DoubleTree by Hilton Sighisoara - Cavaler
Hotel Transilvania
Hotel Transilvania
#12 of 56 in Cluj-Napoca

Been to Secret Transylvania Guest House? Share your experiences!