Forest Villa(Cisnadioara)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main housesecret transylvaniabran castlebear watchingice hotelexcellent hostsother guestsan amazing holidayfortified churchcooked breakfastlocal communitysense of humourlocal beerfantastic weekgreat funbeautiful countrytailor made
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

A chance meeting in Lily's bar led to a trip of a lifetime to the ice hotel and the wonderful surroundings and activities. Jez made the day completely relaxed and fantastically well organised. Listening to his story of how he, Di, Bob and Sue have established their business was inspirational and their passion for Romania infectious.
We are so grateful that we met and took your guidance. We share your love of this beautiful country!
See you again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JudyAndrews
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My wife and I spent Christmas 2016 with Secret Transylvania and were blown away by the experience ! Everything about our stay was fantastic, the food was out of this world, our accommodation in an apartment a short walk away was very comfortable, clean and welcoming. The numerous trips were expertly organised and great fun. The Lancaster pub which is on site at the main house was a snug, warm, welcoming place to sit and chat, play and loosen the belt after another huge meal. The thing that made our stay even better is the friendliness of the owners, Sue, Bob, Di and Jez, they are so welcoming, funny and easy going and nothing is too much trouble and their enthusiasm for Romania is infectious ! Every time I think about our time there I smile !! We barbecued in the snow above the clouds, stayed in an ice hotel, a walk in the snow before probably the best Christmas dinner I have ever eaten to name just a few things, anyway, If you are thinking of going to spend some time with Secret Transylvania, don't just think about it, do it!! you will not be disappointed !!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shugmonkey72
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

I contacted Secret Transylvania as I was looking for a very last minute short Winter break with my son. From the moment I picked up the phone they were super helpful. Even though they were in the middle of hosting a New Year's party they found me accommodation for the next day, booked a night at the ice-hotel and answered all my queries. They even sent me a picture of Bob so that I would recognise who was picking us up from the airport.
A really great short holiday. Fun, adventure and culture all squeezed into 3 days, with some lovely company from the other guests and the hosts.
I would thoroughly recommend booking up this holiday. We were totally looked after and Transylvania is a fascinating and magical place to visit.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalia B
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We went to Secret Transylivania, after friends reccommended it as a great unusual holiday. They had spent Christmas 2016 there.
We arrived 1am at Sibiu a'port and Bob was waiting for us..
Sue and Bob are the pround owners of this fantastic holiday retreat. The welcome one receives is more like family and friends than paying guests. The hospitalityl, the equistive abundance of food, produced by Sue is absolutely amazing...Bob has a great fun character who will do absolutely anything for you without any thought.
2017 arrived with an abundance of food, wine and the whole village seemed to come out the fireworks...
The fun, laughter games and chat was unending...never had a bbq in snow on the mountains before,,, this is just one of the hidden gems we experienced!!
This holiday will be unforgettable and hopefully willnot be the last!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank highflier186402
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This is our 3rd visit back to Secret Transylvania and I think that speaks volumes.This is our 1st time with a vegan and to be honest Sues cooking is the best Vegan food we have ever tasted. Sue, Bob, Di and Jez all go above and beyond any service we have ever had, simply nothing is a problem for them.
I can only keep spreading the word as this certainly is a 1st class holiday !!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family