All reviews ibis chesterfield hand towels car park visiting family would stay again overnight stop excellent value for money good size extra pillows harvester pub good nights sleep comfortable beds booked rooms stayed here for nights short stay double room easy access
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I booked this Ibis thinking I was booking the Chesterfield centre, but we were pleasantly surprised. The place is clean and functional. Nice to have the Harvester next door so we didn't have to drive anywhere for a meal. We spent the day in Chesterfield and then drove to the hotel, it was probably a 10 minute drive. Breakfast was a typical buffet style event. Staff were helpful and polite.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy U, Guest Relations at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Ms Katrina S,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with some feedback.

I'm delighted to see that everything with your stay was to your liking. I shall be passing on your pleasant feedback to the rest of my team. It was an absolute pleasure being able to serve you and I hope to that you will come back and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived late and collapsed in bed, on using the shower the next morning I realised one of the towels was soaking wet - can only assume it wasn’t changed at room changeover ??? Ewww.

In the warm weather the drainage smells of sewer so stairwells and worse, the bathroom (and by extension the bedroom!) smell like sewage.

Too much road noise at night with windows closed, don’t even think of trying to sleep with them open. So you also overheat at night as no air con

All in all - I wouldn’t use again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sammy U, Guest Relations at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Mr Jay S,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with some feedback.

I'm sorry to see that your stay was met with some inconveniences, our customer satisfaction is normally high.

Members of staff are available 24/7 and are more than happy to help resolve any issues that should occur. We do advise our guests to report any inconveniences as soon they occur, so staff members are able to resolve said issues.

I hope that you will provide us with a second opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I was awoken at 12.30 am with shouting and laughing outside in the Carpark, this went on for a good 20mins, in this time other guests in the hotel were shouting out of the windows to tell the people outside to keep the noise down, as it was very hot day all rooms had to have there windows open, we weren't offered fans to keep rooms cool, then at 02.30 again people coming back from pubs were outside shouting at each other in the car park, so be warned, complained to reception in the morning, but no one cares, no body is bothered, very disappointing stay,

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sammy U, Guest Relations at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with some feedback.

I'm ever so sorry about the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. We didn't know that there were going to be a large amount of guests staying at the hotel for the concert in Sheffield, as most of them had booked individually, otherwise we would have allocated them to the other end of the hotel if they had booked as a group.

We do advise that our guests inform us about any issues straight away, so that we can resolve them for you as soon as possible. The staff member that was on duty that particular night had not received any complaints, so he wasn't ware of any issues that was going on outside the building.

We care a lot about our guests, and making sure that they have the best stay that we can offer. I hope that you will provide us with a second opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We choosed the Ibis Hotel because someone prized the cleaniness. I do not want to visit that person's house!
Worse yet was the duvet. I believe the bed linen to be clean, however, the duvet inside wasn't. It was absolutly disgusting.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Maria C,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with some feedback.

I am sorry to see that your stay was met with some inconveniences. Did you report any of these issues to our receptionists? Members of staff are available 24/7 and are more than happy to try and help resolve any issues that should occur.

I hope that you will provide us with a second opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Really excellent hotel for the price we paid. £35 for a night. Was perfect over the Tramlines weekend in Sheffield. Only a short drive away. People on here expect the bloody earth. Yeah it's a bit tired looking. But it's an Ibis! It's not the bloody Hilton! You pay for what you get. If you want a basic hotel to just sleep in that is safe, has plenty of parking, and above all else is super quiet, then this hotel is ideal for you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Nebby N,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. It's always nice to see our guests leave here feeling satisfied. I will be passing on what you've said to the rest of my team.

It was an absolute delight being able to serve you.

I hope to see you again in the foreseeable future.