“Fine dining in Long Island”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Island
Chez Pierre Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Long Island
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Chez Pierre us a rustic beach resort. The chef, Pierre, is a French Canadian chef and a character. The resort is back a dirt road so be aware.

You serve your own drinks and they are priced reasonably. If you get a salad, be aware that a small is big enough for two. We got the Ceasar salad which had tasty bacon and a tangy dressing. It was dressed perfectly.

I had the Long Island lobster which was sweet and buttery. It was also very large! It came with fettucine.

My wife had mahi mahi in a pesto sauce. The pesto had tomatos in it so it is a little different. The fish was simply grilled and yummy.

Definitely worth the drive from Santa Maria. This was the best meal we had.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poly2014

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We went there for dinner; I asked a question about one of the food in their menu, the cook who also was the owner seems agitated and rude in his response. I just kind of laugh at him but I did not get that kind of attitude. When he came back to our table I said i have another question and he seems like he was not understanding me, at that time I show him I am not backing up on him. I was waiting for his reaction because I was ready to get up and leave. I decided to stay. The food was good but nothing special. I am not going back. I can go somewhere where I can have a pleasant dinner time and treated well with the same price.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace0172015
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We had the pleasure of a week one visit on Long Island last month. We ate at Chez Pierre the 2nd night and it was amazing! The owner is a trip, the atmosphere is island laid-back and the food is great. We loved it so much, that several nights later, we placed a pick-up order to take home and eat. Cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

If you like peace and quiet, clean sand and water, miles of it, and really good food prepped by a fine chef who will cook to your specs, come stay at Chez Pierre. The beach is pristine, not a commercial building on it, just the perfect half moon bay with miles of clean white sand. The dining room is screened and features open arches looking out at the sea and gardens. It is furnished and decorated in North African French Colonial style, with original works of art on the walls. Chairs are wicker with lots of pillows. The dining room is open to the outside and fans are available at your table if you wish. I'm a vegetarian. "No problem" says Pierre, and my meals have been excellent. My husband has enjoyed some really fine, large portions, of a variety of seafood. Portions are very generous, the bar is on the honour system, ie mix your own and write down what you had! I recommend renting a car for a part of your stay as there is no public transportation and nothing within walking distance. This resort is quiet, clean, very natural in its surroundings and decor. Kayaks are available for your use and local sailors will to take you out to the sea for fishing. Relaxing, quiet, reasonably priced, clean, sun, sea, sky. My idea of heaven. Bring insect repellent and benedryl because sometimes there are sand fleas. We found Pierre to be a delightful, accommodating host, in every way. Wifi available.

Room Tip: 6 cottages, self contained, 7 stairs up not recommended for physically impaired. Showers screened p...