Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews quiet and low key without reservation my favorite place down to earth coral sands other resorts jen ocean beach island fishing dunmore
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020

This is my favorite place to stay on Harbour Island. It's on the beach, it has a pool, and it's small enough to be cozy and not feel like a huge hotel. I think there are only 11 rooms.They have kayaks, paddle boards, and other fun beach toys. Also, there's a great reef in front of the resort that offers excellent snorkeling! Beautiful clown, trigger, angel, and parrot fish! We always feel like we're staying with friends when we stay here. We love the staff and look forward to seeing them each year. I cannot say enough about Jenny Messier, the manager. She's so friendly, down-to-earth, and accommodating. She really makes our stay special year after year and is happy to offer recommendations for excursions, like fishing, jumping into the sapphire hole, or swimming with the pigs. My husband and I came alone this trip, but we usually come with our kids and they love it!

Room tip: upstairs room have a private rooftop deck.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank 65kirstenl
Messierjen, General Manager at Runaway Hill Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Thank you. The best part of our job is to share the beauty of Harbour Island with our guests. We are happy you love it as much as we do.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

I booked this hotel through Bahamago.com for two nights in February. Booking was confirmed so subsequently booked other hotels before and after those dates on other islands as part of a two week island hopping vacation. The following day, the hotel cancelled my reservation with no explication. After calling the hotel, I was informed that it has a three day night minimum - though no mention of this on the travel website. I explained that if I had known this I could have reserved three nights, however, I was now locked into other hotel reservations and only had two nights available. I asked if they could make an exception while it was not my fault that this predicament had arisen. While I do appreciate the hotel policy of a three night minimum, they shouldn’t then offer the possibility to reserve less than three nights on an external websites. I was informed by the person I spoke to that they would need to speak to their manager for approval and would call me back. After three days of no news, I called the hotel and was informed now there was no availability for those dates. Was genuinely surprised by the absolute lack of interest in helping me find a solution. Very disappointing experience, especially since after waiting so many days for a response, there is very little availability in other hotels on the island. Will not book again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Messierjen, General Manager at Runaway Hill Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

This review is inaccurate. The individual booked with a third party Vendor BahamaGo.com which has no relationship to Runaway Hill Club. They presented her with false information and they had no authority to confirm a reservation. No money was collected by Runaway Hill Inn and no confirmation was ever sent.

We do not allow online booking or use third party vendors for exactly this issue.

The reviewer is blaming the wrong party to her travel issues.

Very disappointing that inaccurate information can be posted without confirmation of the facts. You cannot book again a reservation which was never booked in the first place.

Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Peaceful. Breathtaking views. Delicious meals. Courteous staff. Outstanding. We will definitely be back and recommend without reservation. Beach access and pool were wonderful too! Jen and her staff do an outstanding jon to make you feel welcome.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank heathercsrobertson
Reviewed 14 July 2019

The restaurant on site lived up to the hype! Small intimate atmosphere-exquisite gourmet meals. Outdoor dining with continuous ocean breeze, candle light and breathtaking views. We eventually tried all of the restaurants on the beach but Runaway Hill was a stood head and shoulders above the rest especially for dinner. The innkeeper Jennifer adds a personal touch to your stay. She takes interest in her guests and is always there to help when needed. She is warm and welcoming and sets a fun tone for your stay. The beach it sits on is breathtaking.Soft sandy bottom, rolling turquoise blue waves. Our suite off the first floor lobby was spacious and air conditioned. This is a place we plan to return to again. Loved the intimate ascot of this small boutique inn. We felt well taken care of and enjoyed all of the meals.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 11 July 2019

Runaway Hill has become our favorite getaway vacation spot within one day of our residence in Naples Florida. It's 11 rooms quaintly situated on a small bluff overlooking a gorgeous pink sand beach is a view to behold. But the view isn't everything. The ambiance, food, drinks and cheerful service by Runaway's wonderful staff led by hostess Jennifer Messier is the finest to be found on Harbour Island. While other destinations on this remote Bahama island may get bigger billing, Runaway Hill is definitely first class. Small but mighty fine!

Room tip: We stayed in a room adjacent to the dining room and it was perfect, with a connecting outdoor patio!
Date of stay: July 2019