Busby Hotel
US$60
US$55
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewssarah janehoneymoon suitehot tubtribute nightlovely hotelwedding coordinatorfrom start to finishbar staffwedding venuemy partnerexecutive roomhigh standardspecial mentionout of this worldset menuafternoon teabar restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks to Gary in the restaurant who responded immediately when my 97 year old grandad choked on his meal, spending at least a minute giving him the heimlich manoeuvre to great effect. No broken ribs, brushing or pain as a result. The whole staff team were wonderful, my mum who was there, thinks you are all amazing. Thanks for saving his life. 5 stars for Gary!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Morag H
Busby H, Front Office Manager at Busby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Morag,

Thank you for your review.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to Gary and the team for everything they did when your grandad started to choke on his meal. I am delighted that the quick response from Gary and the team saved your grandad's life with no further injury brought upon as a result. We are very proud of Gary and we hope your grandad is recovering well.

Thank you once again and we hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the restaurant soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We popped in for lunch on Saturday. The staff were very friendly welcoming and were keen to make sure we were happy with everything we asked for. The food was well presented and very good value for money. We will definitely return in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank crashhardie

Hi crashhardie,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your last minute lunch when you visited on Saturday; finding both the food value for money and nicely presented. The kitchen pride themselves on delivering quality produce that both looks and tastes good. I am happy that the staff were courteous and welcoming ensuring everything was to your liking, we have a passionate team and this shows in their interactions with our guests and feedback like yours.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the Warm Welcome at reception to the fantastic Decor 8 can not fault this place

I stayed in one of the executive rooms it was well appointed and very comfortable, and yes a plug socket next to the bed to charge my phone

The Tv was good quality, and the shower was amazing

Bar Resteraunt was fantastic and very well appointed, staff very friendly

Breakfast was spot on well cooked and great local produce

This place is visually Stunning with service to match

I had a report to do and reception offered to set me up with a table or I could check out of my room late

Great individual service I have stayed in far worse 4 Star Hotels

Amazing Staff Obviously Trained & Managed Well

1  Thank Colin w

Hi Colin,

How fantastic you couldn't fault your stay; I am delighted we made such a lasting impression and provided great customer service in a relaxing and comfortable environment. We work hard to ensure everyone is looked after when they visit us so I am very pleased to hear that the teams passion showed through on your visit. I will certainly pass you comments onto the team.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Louise.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a very pleasant one night stay at a good price. The hotel has been recently renovated to a high standard and couldn't flaw the room. The breakfast was yum in a good setting. Would recommend and will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank peterhuli

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay on your recent visit to our hotel. We have had very positive feedback in regards to our refurbishment so I am pleased it was to your liking. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we like to ensure our guest's get plenty of choice and start their day of with a good hearty breakfast so I am pleased you found it yummy!

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel this I thought on my first stay.
Looks like it’s been brought up to date and trendy a year or so ago.
Room is tidy and trendy sponsored by a cushion manufacturer I think :-p
It’s clean and very comfy. Tea and coffee with a nice couple of chocolate biscuits thrown in.
Good walk in drench shower but strange how you struggle to get the kettle under the tap as it’s a small sink.
Heated mirror and a good working tv on the wall.
The wooden theme, not the staff they are very polite and helpful, it’s the decor.

Nice centre bar down stairs. Said it had craft beers but I went out with a local. This is where you have breakfast, good quality mixture including a good warm Scottish breakfast.
Worth a stay I’d say at the price.

1  Thank poddy2015

Hi poddy2015,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to our hotel from the room and all it's features down to the selection available in our bar and at breakfast. Maybe on your next visit you can get the opportunity to try one of our craft beers as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Thank you once again.