Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Very Relaxing

Had an interesting stroll around the various “rooms” of the walled garden … on a Thursday very few... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
G418WQkayw
Sedbergh, United Kingdom
Tranquil

Feels like you are in the middle of the countryside, love the layout and pathways which take you to... read more

Reviewed 5 April 2022
labradorGlasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom

All reviews for sale walled garden national trust fabulous place cakes young children surrounding woodland out of the way outdoor seating benches member picnic glasgow plants greenbank cafe tranquil
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

A visit to the gardens on a weekday morning held much anticipation for us. Alas, not as expected.
The National Trust for Scotland normally ensures worthwhile visits. Not here though.
I hasten to add here that I am reviewing the woodland walk. We didn’t go into the walled garden as we had our dog.
The area covered by the walk is very small. Yes. It does go through woodland but you could walk it in 20 minutes. And, and this is the frustrating thing, half the walk was taped off. No reason given. And it looked to be fine. What remained was only average.
What I could see of the walled gardens looked OK, but a small area. Worth an admission charge? I don’t believe more than £2.50 realistically.
The cafe was fine though.

Date of experience: September 2019
3  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 8 September 2019

This place really needs updating. Cafe is not nice at ałl, I would not recommend it. Such a shame that the are not investing in a nice new cafe people in the area could walk to, they would make a fortune in this area.

Date of experience: September 2019
Julie G, Manager at Greenbank Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our café. We have invested a lot of resource in the property over the last 18 months including the development of the café.

So far the feedback about the changes have been really positive. I appreciate that on this occasion your feedback suggests otherwise. I would be really interested to hear more about the detail of what you thought could have been better.

Please respond to greenbankgarden@nts.org.uk

Thanks

Reviewed 14 August 2019

Walk my dog regularly there. The cafe is excellent for being dog friendly and the staff are all excellent. A big shout out today for the lovely personable HANNAH who always has a great manner and excellent customer service. You’re a great ambassador for National Trust Hannah. Keep up the great work.

Date of experience: August 2019
4  Thank Sandra H

Hi Sandra

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoy our site. Thanks for the lovely feedback, our staff try really hard to ensure everyone has a great experience when visiting.

regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2019

We took our grandchildren to the gardens. The website said if we visited there was a Goblin Trail for them to do. When we got there, there was nothing available they had to get some of the forms sent down. The information they gave us was very vague indeed. I had to go back and asked exactly what were we looking for. The trail was rubbish the children really struggled to find anything. Some of the gardeners said that other children had moved the things. So surely as with some of them that we did find, they would attach them to the trees or put them out of reach that could be moved. The children were really disappointed by the whole thing and so was I.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank holidays_yippee_12

I'm disappointed that your grandchildren didn't enjoy our Little Garden trail. We have flagged this issue to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2019

Took my little girl & 8 friends here for her 10th birthday . The Mad hatters Tea party was brilliant, food great, characters were professional actors & brilliant.
Staff could not have been more helpful, so attentive, even gave sun cream to the children when it got hot.
Gardens are beautiful & it really was a magical day. Thank you.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank kazg41

I'm so delighted that your daughter and friends had a great time at our event.

It was such a success we will definitely be repeating next Summer. We hope to see you again.

Kind regards,