“Very good. ”

The Phoenix
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Whaley Bridge
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Consistently good throughout the years this take away has been in Whaley Bridge. Recommend the fried chicken in ok sauce. Delivery is fast so food is hot.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We just had an exceptional experience with the chef of The Phoenix. For many years, my husband and I have had the occasional treat on the weekend via Just Eats or going straight to their take away. The food has always been tasty, especially their Salt and Pepper ribs, and my husband's favourite, Chicken Balls in Batter (very hard to find).
Last night we had our friends visiting with us from Scotland and decided a causal take away would be perfect for a long night of chatting and catching up. One of our guests has a nut allergy. Initially we ordered via Just Eats with a note about nut allergies. They cancelled the order. So, my husband phoned and spoke to the chef. He was amazing. He was very concerned about ensuring that our guest was safe. He took extra efforts to ensure that no nuts were in contact with any dish. He kept us updated and phoned to ask questions. Our guest was so impressed. He said no other Chinese venue had ever taken such superb care of him. The main dish ordered was Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onions, the best he has ever eaten. The chef text my husband after the meal to ask how it was. Honestly, fabulous. To top it off, our delivery was fast and the driver cheerful, despite the weather! Thank you so much for being a big part of a great evening!

1  Thank TravellingVolup
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Husband and I live in Whaley and like to support local businesses, but The Phoenix is going to have to be the exception.

Appreciate it's Saturday night, but 90 minutes for cold, greasy and bland food to arrive (from half of a mile away) that was inedible even after we heated it up, is taking the mick!

Delivery guy turned up in sweatpants and stunk of weed.

I'd saved for a nice treat for us and now feel like I've wasted my money. Never again.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

I ordered via Just Eat have ordered there before and food was fine but not last night. I ordered at 20:45 food delivered a few minutes before restaurant closed. Opened the food to find Special Fried rice that was cold, only had chicken, beef and peas in it. It was swimming in grease, brown in colour and congealed in parts. Also not a full portion a quarter of the tub was empty. You can't call that Special Fried Rice. The chicken balls ordered were all cold, shrivelled and hard and an almost burnt colour on most. The curry sauce was freezing like it had been taken out of the fridge and put in the pot and the BBq spare ribs were all burnt cold and rubbers and hair sticking out of some. The only edible food was the prawn crackers. Food was delivered as they shut so I could not get hold of them to complain. I one to Just Eat and logged the complaint that night and spoke again today. They spoke to the restaurant who claim nothing wrong with their food and basically tough!! I have kept the food as it was that bad and will be reporting them to environmental health first thing tomorrow. Appalling customer service and I won't be ordering from there again.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered a starter and maim each with a rice dish. Each dish was lacking in flavour: chicken satay with no trace of usual nut; crispy shredded beef that was categorically not crispy, and questionable as to what animal it was sourced from; Singapore rice with no spices and again, dubious content origins. Completely gobsmacked at lack of quality or seeming effort put into actually cooking the food.