“Very friendly Indian restaurant”
Review of Memories of India

Memories of India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a great restaurant for families and groups. The food is good (not gourmet) and the service is always friendly. The policy of allowing guests to bring their own alcohol is guaranteed to keep the prices down!

1  Thank Mike0210

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We often visit this restaurant with our friends, the standard of food is always very good. The restaurant isn’t licensed but you can take your own beer or wine in to have with your meal.

1  Thank Nick K
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went on Saturday evening. The meal was fantastic. Two mains both tasted different as they should. Not packed with unnecessary and not mentioned peppers as in some Indians. Naan was lovely and crispy round the edge, rice good. My dish, lissa said with coriander but there was but enough so I asked for more and they brought a small dish of fresh coriander straight away. We took our own wine and we're supplied with clean glasses and a bottle opener without any fuss. I deducted a point because the popadoms were clearly cooked with old or too cold oil and not crispy enough and the chutney was a bit watery. Service was friendly and quick but not hurried. Thank you for a lovely evening .

1  Thank Learac
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgraceful.
The service was poor, my friends commented regularly on the fact it felt as though we were 'in the way'. Very rushed, and we were in and out within an hour.
The food was greasy, luke warm at best, and tasteless.
As a vegetarian, I expect Indian food to be full of flavour and panache, but my dish unfortunately lacked both.
My friends also felt the same way.
The next day, three of the six of us were ill and were off work. We (maybe wrongly) blamed Memories of India.
We will not be visiting again.

2  Thank SJN19850
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely Bangladeshi restaurant. No licence so take your own beer or wine. The food is so beautifully fresh. My favourite on the menu is the Lamb Rogan Josh. It is difficult not to order it every time. But I must be strong and be adventurous!!!
Take away menus give you generous portions and if you buy without sharing then you have enough for tomorrow.