“Another great visit”

Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Miramar Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Surf Hut, the newest restaurant addition to the South Walton, Destin/Miramar Beach area. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view! This brand new, open air restaurant is located directly on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and is the place to be all year long! The Surf Hut has a menu that goes far beyond your typical 'beach fare' and adds a little surfer flare to a cuisine that includes Seafood, Oysters and St. Louis Style BBQ! Kids meals are served in a take home souvenir frisbees and we've got a custom game area on the beach where you can grab a game of corn hole while you watch the waves and sip a delicious signature frozen libation from our full bar! Whether you're looking for a place for lunch while you're enjoying the beach, a local spot to get fresh from the Gulf seafood, date night or a family friendly place to bring the kids, The Surf Hut has got something for everyone! Boogie on down to The Surf Hut, enjoy the food, the fun and the waves! See you soon!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit. (The first was Oct 2016). It did not disappoint! Great food, great atmosphere, and wonderful service. We stayed just up the beach but we would make a longer trip if needed to come back. I highly recommend the stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,178)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We tried to eat here the night before, but 1 hour wait. Got here early the next night. Great service was provided by Scott. I had the fried grouper sandwich. Large and very filling with fries and excellent cole slaw. My wife had the fried shrimp. Breaded was done right, not overpowering and great tartar sauce.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best fish tacos anywhere...and I’ve tried them everywhere I’ve traveled (Aruba, Jamaica, Cozumel, Cancun, Bahamas).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are visiting from Panama City to have a comfortable place to lay our head each night while things are being restored by so many people from all over the US, for which we are eternally grateful.

We stopped in tonight to Surf Hut, which you could tell upon the line at arrival is a popular place. We were told 40-45 minutes, and probably waited less than 30 minutes. The beer (Grayron) from the bar and my wife's margarita were cold and good, so the wait wasn't an issue.

Our waiter, Steve, was prompt at arriving at the table and checked on us multiple times throughout dinner...excellent service during the entire dining experience. Ask for Steve when you visit!

We started with the sweet and spicy pickles. We are huge fans of fried pickles. I'm more of a dill fan, but these were very good fried sweet pickles. I had a few raw oysters for the first time. I've eaten plenty if oysters, but never raw until now. I'm a convert, I'll go raw from now on.

My wife and daughter had the taco trio; I had my daughter's shrimp and fish tacos since she always orders way more than she can eat. The blackened season on the shrimp may be too much for those who dont like spicy food, but I love spice and found it to be very good food. I had grilled cobia, which was also excellent.

All in all, it was a great dinner experience and the staff was very concerned when the learned we were from Panama City. They already have people helping in Bay County every day to help with our recovery and rebuilding to be a bigger and better town than we already were.

I highly recommend anyone who happens to be in Miramar Beach give this place a try.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We hit this place every year. The food is good, nothing to rave about but not at all bad. A little pricey but then everything beachfront is gonna be, so no surprise there. We meet a group of friends here every year so it’s about the reunion to us, the food is a pleasant addition. Great location and the staff is prompt, friendly, and efficient