Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Thought this would be a lovely country hotel to stop for lunch or dinner. As I was in Angus this should have been a perfect place to try a steak, but it was dry and unappetising. Disappointing considering the price.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Helena R
MarykirkOwner, Owner at Marykirk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hi Helena, thank you very much for your comments. We are the new owners at the Marykirk Hotel and since taking over have been very much in attendance during meal times so as to gauge the overall satisfaction of our customers. We have made a point of doing this so that we can make changes where we feel necessary. I do not recall anyone having a complaint about the standard of food since we took over and we have made a point of greeting and introducing ourselves to all our guests. I have discussed this with my waiting staff and the chefs and nobody recalls anyone complaining about their steak, had they done so I would have been informed. If you had brought the matter to the attention of one of my staff this could have been rectified at the time, we would have been more than happy to offer a replacement meal or have the cost taken off your bill. It would be my pleasure to have you return to the hotel when we will be happy to serve you a meal on the house.

Gordon and Nok

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Dropped into the bar for a beer and some lunch. New owners Gordon and Nok were very welcoming and provided us with a very tasty lunch. I enjoyed the steak pie very much, plus their real ale also hit the spot.. Great village hotel with nice country atmosphere....Will be back for more soon..

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MarykirkOwner, Owners at Marykirk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you Bill for the kind review, it was our pleasure to welcome you to our new business venture. So glad that you enjoyed the food, we will be sure to pass on your comments to the chef. Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Gordon and Nok

Reviewed 20 April 2018

stayed here for 3 nights room clean and tidy you have to book a time for breakfast so that its cooked fresh very nice it was too. also had two evening meals both freshly cooked
owner and staff all friendly and make you feel welcome
used this as a base while we had things to do in the area
when we go back will defiantly stay here again

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank iang57
MarykirkOwner, Owner at Marykirk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear iang57

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. My staff and I try hard to
provide quality products and an efficient, friendly service, so we are all
very pleased to read that you have appreciated our efforts.
I have sold the Marykirk Hotel and hope that you give the same great support
to the new owners, Mr. and Mrs. Petrie.
best regards, Teresa

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

A unique establishment offering a wide variety of food from around the world together with perfectly prepared traditional food.
This is a hotel also that looks after it’s guests very well.
A popular fishing retreat for those that fish.
Local game is on the menu if you wish.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Corbelmark,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. My staff and I try hard to
provide quality products and an efficient, friendly service, so we are all
very pleased to read that you have appreciated our efforts.
I have sold the Marykirk Hotel and hope that you give the same great support
to the new owners, Mr. and Mrs. Petrie from 4th June 2018.
best regards, Teresa

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Stopped in for an evening meal with a friend and was really impressed with the hotel and the warmth of the welcome and the quality of the food. From the waitress to the sticky toffee pudding, everything was of a very high standard. Definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MarykirkOwner, Owner at Marykirk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear Alistair,
Thank you very much for your review and comments regarding the warm welcome and quality of food experienced during your recent visit to the Marykirk Hotel. I’ll also pass your comments on to the waiting staff and my two Chefs; I am sure they will be as pleased and encouraged as I am. Hope to see you again soon.
Best regards, Teresa