Miskin Manor Hotel and Health Club
Vale Resort(Hensol)
Scotts Hotel(Beddau)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Greendown Inn Hotel(Saint Georges-super-Ely)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmiskin manorafternoon teawedding venuecakeswedding receptionhealth clubevening meallovely groundsfour posterservice was excellentlovely roomfrom start to finishlast weekendwedding breakfastfood was lovelya lovely staybridal suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I’m sad that I have missed out on this place for so long. Superb place in easy reach of the M4 motorway. Nice sized carpark and a beautiful well kept building . Staff very helpful. All rooms closed off making it feel very special. Log fires lit and smelling beautiful. The Christmas decorations were very classy.
We were then asked to leave the lovely sitting room to go into a different room for our high tea. Again I was blown away with the beautiful decorations and cakes! (So many beautiful cakes!!) On the table was a beautiful collection of sandwiches and helpful staff immediately helping and bringing tea and coffee to the table. Plenty of time was given to enjoy the food before the big man arrived !! Santa was superb! I only wish I could live this experience again and again. Beautiful stories told and nice gifts given. Reception staff helped me out with a special gift I wanted Santa to give my son. Nothing here was too much trouble. I want to return very soon to just sit in the bar and have a chill and a mulled wine! Sorry guys you will be seeing me again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank a1sal
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we have had this weekend. Arriving for a family get together my husband and I stayed in room 13 a wonderful four poster bedroom. My Dad who is poorly stayed in the ground floor suite. Every comfort and care we could have wanted was provided by the lovely staff. The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas and the fire in the lounge kept going night and day. Even though it was busy with weddings and birthdays we had booked the Oak room for an evening of private dining. Stunning venue and food sublime.
It’s the service that makes this hotel especially Julie the receptionist who looked after my Dad and treated us like we were the only customers in the hotel - individual caring service!

Some comments do mention that it is a little cold and if the large door in the lounge is left open it is a little draughty but staff take every care to keep it closed and if you were cold they would provide additional heaters.
The house is historic in lovely grounds with many quirky features, lovely wedding for a wedding.
Thankyou for making our stay so special

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Schuwi
Reviewed 23 November 2017

The hotel and grounds look beautiful and it was once a very impressive building but seems to lack investment. Our room was freezing as the radiator was barely even lukewarm and we had to buy hot water bottles in the nearest shop to keep warm at night. The staff were not very helpful when we asked about this and only gave a small heater for the room but no apology, nothing! Checkout was at 11 which was fine BUT we were then told we must be OUT OF THE HOTEL by 11 also as they had given the entire hotel exclusive to a wedding party. We were not told this upon booking or checkin. I had an upset tummy but they kept knocking on the bathroom door (in the main area of the hotel, not in my room) that I had to hurry up and leave the hotel as it was now 10 past eleven. We had a meal there one night which was nice so that was a plus and I took a nice walk in the grounds. It was a special occasion for us but we did not feel valued by the staff and it took away from our trip. The bar/lounge area was freezing but the staff said "it is not time to light the fire yet" (at around 6:30 PM on a cold November day) and there were guests shivering with the cold. Room service does not really mean room service as they would only bring up "continental breakfast" to the room even though we paid for full breakfast AND room service. I would not stay there again. We spent the final night of our trip in the Vale a few miles away and it was such a difference, a warm room; very friendly staff; lovely breakfast in bed so we ended our trip on a positive note.

Room Tip: If staying in the Winter time, bring hot water bottles to keep warm!!! Check that you do not have to vacate the hotel early the next day!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank dermot f
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I chose to propose to my girlfriend here on 18th February 2017 and what a great day the all the staff made it. They ensured my girlfriend had no idea what was going on and I pop to the room to make sure everything was OK. Well Thank You Jade for how well you set the room up for us. As it was valentines week she has decorated the room with rose petals, candles and shaped the towels into hearts. It was stunning and set the scene fantastically. Everything was perfect through out our stay and the afternoon tea was delightful. Oh and she said YES... Thank Miskin Manor for making our weekend so memorable. Chris and Al.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Just back from a wedding at Miskin Manor and it was a very mixed bag. The good points = Janet & the rest of the waiting / bar staff. They were excellent throughout the entire wedding breakfast and the evening. There were people who complained about the food but as I was the only vegan there I can only share my experience and I found the food delicious. The bad points = we and lots of others had no hot water in our rooms. When I mentioned this to a member of staff they gave us a little heater for the room which wasn't great as we had our 5yr old son sharing a room with us. There was a huge draft coming through the windows and the lack of hot water meant we were unable to shower. The whole room looked tired and could really do with touching up. There were plenty of other complaints but I will leave that up to the individuals. It's a shame the main hotel didn't live up to the actual service department as they were excellent and were let down by the rest. If you are planning a wedding here please proceed with precaution.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family