All reviews overlooking the river patio doors under new management sunday lunch two courses fabulous views a la carte menu main course beef set menu biscuits pudding usk valley stayed for two nights little gem booked a table view from the balcony
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience in that lovely hotel by the river. Ray, the owner, and stuff were extremely helpful and generous. One of us had an accident and arrived late one evening and he put a delicious vegetarian meal for us. In general, food was great, both tasty and wholesome and location beautiful. Prices very fair. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Stunning location overlooking mountains and a river running along side the gardens of the hotel.
We had lunch here which was good value for money offering 1 Course 2 or 3 Courses.
I had the salmon the presentation was good and it tasted very good I followed with Eton Mess which had Fresh fruit in it which was vey nice.
The staff were friendly and the service was good. I will definately come back again.
I did not stay at the hotel onl visited for lunch,I believe it has new owners and is undergoing work,I would like to stay when completed as the location is peaceful and beautiful.

Room tip: Views over river are beautiful.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Stayed last Saturday and the place was busy with good atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room had amazing views of the river and surrounding hills with an outside balcony which made it even better. We ate in the restaurant and the food was first class and very good value for money. Excellent breakfast too. Couldn't fault anything it even had a good size car park for off road parking.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Not sure if the management/ownership has changed hands but there is undoubtedly a dip in standard since our last visit 4 years ago. Average lemon sole, terrible limp salad for main course. Eton mess pudding was fine but difficult pudding to go wrong with. Slow and indifferent service.

2  Thank Sma19
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Called in as it was on the way to my destination and haven’t visited in some years. The place is in a beautiful setting with lovely views of the river and surrounding fields. However, the one thing that let it down was service of management. A lady that seemed to be the manager (dark hair) gave a very unwelcoming and cold approach, and instantly changed the mood and atmosphere of the place. Such a disappointment as I have visited before with different owners and did not get this experience before. Shame.

Date of stay: June 2018