All reviews raglan castle sunday lunch whitebait two courses dover sole excellent lunch sea bass waiting staff bar area varied menu new owners birthday celebration roast beef well worth a visit set menu staff were attentive lovely food
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Beaufort last night it was a last minute decision my husband wanted to visit raglan castle and Goodrich castle so we decided to make a weekend of it I’m so glad we did this place is really really nice we stayed in room 6 which was a superior king room it was a very cosy room with lots of space the bed was comfortable nice big bathroom with a nice choice of tea coffee hot chocolate in the room the view was of the church and hills we decided to eat in the restaurant which was very cosy with a fire going the staff were all really friendly and the service was excellent the food was gorgeous so was the wine a lovely dining experience we had a lovely night sleep and check out was 11 so we didn’t have to rush. breakfast was included in the price and was freshly cooked I would highly recommend this lovely place we will definitely be back and raglan castle was lovely too

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Nearly 2 years since my previous visit here and although I think it may have different managers, staff etc it was still very good. Couldn't fault my goats cheese tart starter or my main meal of cod. Everywhere spotlessly clean, staff very polite and friendly, service became at lot slower as the evening wore on and they had more customers arriving, however, I will certainly be back and would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2018

A little bit pricey which meant expectations were high, but the food was excellent. Steak was cooked perfectly as ordered with a wonderfully rich peppercorn sauce. A nice thick battered cod fillet was one of the best I've ever tasted. Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

A lovely cozy setting & a varied menu,well worth the visit, I would love to have had the recipe for our "swede carrot n onion" concoction but Chef decided it was a secret, I'm inclined to believe it was more along the lines of Sunday Lunch leftovers. The only complaint is the music was horrendous & too loud.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Dud not stay over. Just had late Sunday lunch.
Forgot how nice this place is. Nice outdoor seating area with patio heaters and blankets I noticed! Inside cosy dining room with excellent quality Sunday lunch think it was £17.95 head for 2 courses. Beef was excellent served with roast parsnips/potatoes yorkshire pudding and separate serving of fresh cabbage and swede/carrot mixture. Soup was spicy cauliflower which was lovely too.
No room for desert.
Service excellent - we chose latest we could sit and they gave us a 10 min window of grace as i was running late!
Would definitely go again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family