All reviews raglan castle sunday lunch varied menu whitebait two courses excellent lunch dover sole waiting staff sea bass new owners roast beef birthday celebration well worth a visit set menu wine list cooked to perfection excellent value for money
Reviewed 25 October 2018

A little bit pricey which meant expectations were high, but the food was excellent. Steak was cooked perfectly as ordered with a wonderfully rich peppercorn sauce. A nice thick battered cod fillet was one of the best I've ever tasted. Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

A lovely cozy setting & a varied menu,well worth the visit, I would love to have had the recipe for our "swede carrot n onion" concoction but Chef decided it was a secret, I'm inclined to believe it was more along the lines of Sunday Lunch leftovers. The only complaint is the music was horrendous & too loud.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Dud not stay over. Just had late Sunday lunch.
Forgot how nice this place is. Nice outdoor seating area with patio heaters and blankets I noticed! Inside cosy dining room with excellent quality Sunday lunch think it was £17.95 head for 2 courses. Beef was excellent served with roast parsnips/potatoes yorkshire pudding and separate serving of fresh cabbage and swede/carrot mixture. Soup was spicy cauliflower which was lovely too.
No room for desert.
Service excellent - we chose latest we could sit and they gave us a 10 min window of grace as i was running late!
Would definitely go again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We recently attended The Beaufort following a recommendation from my girlfriends work colleague. It was my girlfriends 30th and this is where she decided she would like to celebrate. The building was beautiful and the decor was cozy and comfortable and the staff we friendly and welcoming. However, when you’re going for a meal, it’s the food that’s important. Now the food was not inedible. It’s was very tasty and we did enjoy ourselves. Unfortunately though, I do not feel the food offered matched the price tag. For starters I had the pate and my girlfriend had creamy mushrooms and chorizo. The pate wasn’t bad; a block of pate, 3 small slices of toast and a jar of onion marmalade. My girlfriends food was very tasty....the let down being that it was hot in the middle and cold on the outside - clearly prepared by their microwave technician. For main course my girlfriend had swordfish with a Barbados sauce, which, to be fair, wasn’t bad. We then had a bowl of chips to share between us which was a reasonable portion. I had the chorizo chicken breast which, being priced at £16.95, I was expecting something pretty special - what I ended up with was a plate containing a single chicken breast cut in half, wrapped in pancetta and stuffed with chorizo. I had essentially paid £17 for chicken and chips. In all, a 2 course meal and 1 drink each had cost £53. I don’t mind paying for quality but on this occasion the price did not match the food. The Beaufort is a pub, playing at producing posh nosh and falling short of the mark. The food we received was of no higher standard than what I would expect from anywhere producing pub grub. The presentation was average and the meal did not leave me with that sense of satisfaction that you get after a high quality dining experience. While the food was ok, for the prices we were paying I would have expected a lot more. A pub meal priced like a high end restaurant.

3  Thank JaybieWilz
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous settings for an outstanding lunch. Reasonably priced 2 course special, good selection of food for starter and main courses for under £13.
Service was excellent nothing was too much trouble, especially when we arrived so late into the service times.
Our meals were presented beautifully and very hot, just what we wanted.
Highly recommend Raglan Beaufort Arms we will definitely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends