“Best Lunch”

The Beaufort Coaching Inn & Brasserie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Raglan
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Great lunch, wife and I eat at least twice per week around Gloucestershire, Monmouth and Herefordshire. By chance we stopped off at the Beaufort what a fantastic menu and reasonable prices. Will certainly be paying another visit soon. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Only stopped for lunch.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I stayed at the Beaufort Arms for 4 nights as i was on a Training Course, the Room i had was spacious and very clean and a very beautiful room plus the view was very nice as well. (Room 2). The food was just awesome the menu was diverse with something for everyone and the service i had and saw was second to none. There is an outside terrace which i suspect will be very nice in the summer to sit outside and eat or just have a drink and watch the sun go down. Overall the village is quiet but the Beaufort Arms is a real gem and i would recommend either staying there or just going for food.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a very nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I hadn't been to this venerable hotel / restaurant for a decade and was delighted to find that standards have improved. A diverse menu with something for everyone and great service. There are two and three course lunch discounts.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Arrived to manager and member of staff having a heated discussion , this was not stopped while we checked in and the receptionist tried to calm it but it fell on deaf ears.
Our room, no 4 , was dated and tiered.
No lock or shut on bathroom door , the bed WAS THE HARDEST IVE EVER TRIED TO SLEEP ON. WINDOW WOULD NOT SHUT. NO LIGHTS IN CORRIDOR TO ROOM, MUSIC COMING UP FROM RESTURANT BELOW AND YOU COULD HEAR SET UP FOR BREAKFAST SERVICE.
We eat in the bar which had a nice feel, but the cod I had was swimming in a plate of garlic butter and was vile.
We pointed it out and was told by the waiter he could smell it was powerful.
So all in all a total waste of money.
Previous occupant of rooms pubic hair in bath.
Yuck

Room Tip: I'd avoid this hotel next time I visit home
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benson605089
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Having just visited a somewhat lacklustre Night Market I thought I'd treat ourselves to a meal here. We had not booked and it was a spur of the moment sort of visit, that said the staff accommodated us and found us a table.

A perusal of the menu and a sip of our drinks and the choices were made and the orders placed. The food was served pretty swiftly, in fact on reflection surprisingly so, and was on very hot plates. My starter was unusual (for me), I guess I was being a touch experimental in my tastes, and pondered what I had ordered. I ate it and it seemed fine, my main course was a more traditional affair, and despite nearly burning my mouth, was very much appreciated.

Both our selections were from the fixed price evening menu, this was a bonus, as it was the waiter who pointed that out, a nice touch I thought, he could have let us order the same food from the al a carte selection.

Later at home I reflected on my experience and wondered if I will try another visit, but on a more planned basis.

1  Thank William W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raglan
7.9 km away
21 km away
Glewstone Court
Glewstone Court
#1 of 12 in Ross-on-Wye

Been to The Beaufort Coaching Inn & Brasserie? Share your experiences!