My husband and I just returned from one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever taken. I travel frequently for work so my expectations are always quite high for our vacations. The Grand Isle did not disappoint me. The place was exactly what I needed. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean front villa and could view the ocean from our bed. The kitchen is FULLY equipped we brought margarita mix from Costco and enjoyed frozen margarita's using the blender every day. On the island everything is very expensive because it must be shipped in, so being able to cook wonderful meals in our kitchen was a bonus and a little easier on the bank. If I were to do it again I probably would have brought more dry goods and spices from home. The golf carts were a bonus for entertainment and being able to drive to the liquor store, unfortunately the convenience store which used be close by has closed. The staff were amazing and housekeeping patiently waited for us to leave the room so they could clean every day. It seems that they are very happy to be working at this resort and would help you help in any way that they could. We reviewed the place and pictures on tripadvisor and they are exactly as they seem. We arrived just after hurricane Isaac and the beach in front of the property seemed to have a lot of seaweed, which I believe can be contributed to Isaac, but by the end of the week the beach seemed to clean up nicely. There are many other beautiful beaches which on the island which should not be missed so get in the car and take a drive. The management put on a beach fire the second day we got there which was nice to meet the other people staying there. Everyone vacationing at the resort with us were friendly and the island is so small you usually bump into each other off the resort. We had contemplated renting a house but the convenience of housekeeping, security on the property, and having the option to lounge by the pool can't be beat here. I was attacked by sand flies which I understand is quite common on the island I even brought insect repellant but didn't realize I was being bit until after the fact. The mattress in our unit was not the best I have ever slept on but still very acceptable. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas