Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner after visiting nearby Whiteland Beach (Awesome!). Talked with Rose and placed our order and then took a walk on the beach. Came back after 1/2 hour and got a couple of cold beers while she finished cooking. She then sat down and started talking while we ate.

She is an amazing person and a real treat to talk to. The food was also very good. Simple ingredients cooked just right. I had the friend grouper and my wife had baked chicken. Both came with rice and peas, Cole slaw and fried plantains. Stop in but call first.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The Northside Inn is a low key retreat run by Rose Gibson. She is a delight and is the cook/owner, concierge, story teller, maid and is your friend within hours of meeting here. The other "star" of the place is the North Side Beach. Huge beach. Hardly an use. Great for walks and swimming. Beautiful. You might see another person or two - or no one. We love the place, but it is not for everyone. But if you love to listen to the waves, read, walk or run, fish, nap and then do it all over again - come here. No menu, just tell Rose what you want. Traditional Bahamian meals with beans and rice and mac and cheese every meal. Discuss meals with Rose before you go.

Room tip: All are about the same.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Totally enjoyed our time on the deck. Rose was delightful to talk to and she managed to do it all with a smile. She is a one woman operation - hostess, owner, bar tender, cook...........Bahamian cuisine on a rustic picnic table deck overlooking the blue, blue, blue ocean. You can walk down to the beach while you wait. Read about her in The Beach Book and decided to give her restaurant a try - will come back. Very Bahamian experience - thanks for a lovely afternoon.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My wife and two teenagers had the pleasure of meeting Rose and experiencing her culinary skills. We read about this place in a beach book and we were not disappointed. The view from the deck is simply stunning. She provided us with what I would consider a home cooked meal (fried grouper) and Jerk Chicken both accompanied with rice and peas with okra (a local dish) that was amazing. She provided a fun conversation and it was an overall pleasure to meet her. If you are looking to sample some local cooking in a fun relaxing setting overlooking the beautiful ocean then this is the place for you. Very reasonably priced, it was one of best meals we had on the island and without a doubt the most reasonably priced as well.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2016

This is a special hidden away treasure. A beautiful out of the way home-cooking restaurant with the most captivating host! Rose is amazing. She makes wonderful food with love and stories, the beach is exquisite, she has little cottages for rent that look out onto the water (I didn't stay there so I don't know much about them) and she makes the most unique and artistic dolls out of shells, that if you're lucky enough, she'll have any left to sell you! I am not kidding - I am not into chachkas, but these are really special. Listen to her stories and be inspired by this amazing woman's journey!

Room tip: Some rooms were a little musty- but i am SUPER sensitive. Others were just perfect! I didn't stay there but I took a quick peek.
Date of stay: February 2016