“Great improvements to the resort. 11F was perfect for us”

Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My recent stay at Bimini Sands Resort was my third in 3 years. The resort has improved significantly over the past year, especially the area around the infinity pool. The private beach is never crowded, and is always welcoming.
I stayed in unit 11F and it met my needs perfectly. It was clean, had a good layout, smelled nice, and the AC worked very well. In addition to this, the satellite TV and Wi-Fi were great to have. The owner, Jillian, is a great facilitator, and she worked very well with the resort management to ensure that my stay was a great one.
I used the marina facilities while at Bimini Sands. The docks are in great condition, and although the service is a little slow due to inadequate staffing levels, the on-site fuel dock is extremely convenient. Cross-training would be a great idea so that the fuel dock staff (usually Fritz) can be made more available to tend to the fuel pumps. Although he was always very busy, Fritz was always very nice to deal with.
ALL resort staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, and I believe that this starts from the top down with great customer focus; thanks Helena and Brad!

MrMoose

Room Tip: 11F: 1 queen, 2 singles, 1 full bath and 1 half bath, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, easy to keep clean (marin...
1  Thank Mr M
BiminiSandsResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bimini Sands Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We will continue to work on upgrades before your return next year including 70" flatscreens at infiniti pool pavillion, shuttle service to water taxi and wifi thru out the property. We will also have community gas grills by then too.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Great room walking distance to the beach, very friendly people. Very low key and relaxing island times comes to mind. Loved the infinity pool. Plenty of room and dock space for our boats. Easy fueling service.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Went with a large group of boaters second week in July with my boyfriend. Stayed about 5 nights. We crossed the ocean to Bimini in our boats from Ft Lauderdale. Never was in Bimini, but have visited other parts of the Bahamas before.
This was such a pleasant trip. I really had no idea what to expect, and I was never a huge fan of renting condos. However the condos were adorable, and we had a beachfront, which meant I had amazing views every morning, and could walk right out the back slider door and down to the beach which in my opinion was spectacular!
Everything was in working order and clean in the condo, and the washer/dryer in the condo was a huge convenience.
Marina was so cool, there was amazing marine life there. I found myself sitting on the boat just watching everything as if it was an aquarium. Had some mix ups with some slip assignments, but we all just corrected it among ourselves. Gas dock is good but they run on island time, so try and get there early or try and get there if you see it's clear or you will wait a significant amount of time.
This place is under new management and I was lucky to meet a gentleman that was part of it. He gave us great tips on what to do on the island and chatted with us over dinner and drinks a night or two, and was just overall a great person who loved the island.
They are trying very hard to improve the resort and it showed with some new construction, beautiful pool, new restaurants which I'll add had amazing staff and food!! The girls that worked at both the pool bar and the restaurant were so sweet and we loved chatting with them.
This resort was a pleasant surprise and I'll return again next year. Can't wait to see what they have done with improvements.
I felt like I was part of family and "home"on this tiny island. The people of the Bahamas are just wonderful and we never felt unsafe. We always felt welcome.
This of course is a smaller island and you will not have that busy feel as you would at say Atlantis, it's just a great island to kick back and relax with great people. Enjoy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! We will continue to work on upgrades before your return next year including 70" flatscreens at infiniti pool pavillion, shuttle service to water taxi and wifi thru out the property. We pride ourself in keeping our slice of paradise a Bahamian experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This was our 2nd year staying at this condo. The room was very clean just as we expected it. But the staff there go way above and beyond. Satisfied would be a great understatement.
No there was no one there to help with my lines but I needed no help. I also needed no water or electricity so I can't comment on those either.

We can't wait to come back next year!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

When your expectations are right, you get the most out of your vacation stay. Expect a low key, mostly quiet, no hussle & bustle stay. Yes, that means you dock your own boat - but don't you do that anyway ? If your boat is big enough to have a crew, then have them help you. Their marina and docks are first class. The docks float so they're easy to tie up to, and they're rubber protected so you don't abuse your boat.
They have electricity available (though I see they've had an issue in the past), and fresh water (for a fee).

I've stayed twice in different units, and both times they were clean and furnished units. They both had plenty of kitchen stuffs for cooking and meal prep Full size refrigerators and stoves with ovens, and microwave ovens. Some have dishwashers. One of them had a decent sized BBQ on the patio. The units were in better shape than most 3 star hotels that I've been in. They had satellite TV and wifi. (my first stay had wifi but no password so we couldn't use it) - we I expected to have fun in the ocean, the pool, the water, and sightseeing. I didn't miss the lack of wifi (the one time), or the lack of satellite tv in the bedroom. My kids took the livingroom and the satellite TV. TV was barely watched but it was available. The bedrooms had DVD players and TV's we never turned on. Bimini is hot in the summer, and the air conditioners worked great. I only heard of one issue with AC, and that was after someone turned the AC so low it froze up. Don't turn the AC to 65 when all you need is 70. (We kept 73)

Bimini Sands changed management between my visits, and apparently their checkout system and reservation system is improved. Check out was much much quicker than before.

This year we went as a group of folks traveling in small boats. Some of us ran out of gas and folks at Bimini Sands were trying hard as they could to help rescue and bring gas to some of us. They also arranged to have immigration come to us at Bimini Sands, which made that process 100 times nicer than it once was - having to got to the airport can possibly take serveral hours to deal with immigration. (if you come by AIR, then this is not an issue for you at all)

This place isn't flashy Vegas style but that's not why most folks go there, they have washers/dryers and you're to do your own laundery - they don't pamper you like a child, but do provide a quiet, clean condo for your stay. They also can arrange shuttle busses for you anytime you want to get around on the southern part of the island, or if you want to travel to the north side. (that requires a shuttle, and a water taxi)

They do have a small store, and a restaurant that I understand serves breakfast lunch and dinner.

I have driven cross country from Washington state to Ft. Lauderdale with my boat in tow twice to cross the ocean and stay at Bimini Sands. I'd happily do it again and again.

I dropped one dot on value, and that may not be fair, it's hard to compare $$$ of a facility outside the US in a remote location with places inside the US where there are many more accommodations to choose from, and thus the price competition. Bottom line: I'd have no hesitation staying there, but I do have to save up to afford it. My best comparison is with a very similar condo we rented in Maui, that was considerably cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool, otherwise there is a potentially long walk.
1  Thank John E

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
5.1 km away
5.3 km away
Resorts World Bimini
Resorts World Bimini
#4 of 6 in Bimini

Been to Bimini Sands Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!