All reviews private pool bone fishing sand flies our honeymoon other guests chef keith water activities marine biologist hidden paradise every meal the entire staff get away got bitten south andros sea plane screened porch laid back
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Tiamo is a stunning isolated resort on South Andros in the Bahamas. It is an adventure getting there : we flew from NYC to Nassua, then took a puddle jumper to Congo Town, then a taxi and a boat to get to the hotel. The hotel is only accessible by boat or sea plane. We were welcomed to the resort by Nicolas, the manager who is both charming and extremely helpful and we were escorted to our gorgeous pool villa. The furnishings were simple yet luxurious, a very comfortable king bed with high quality linens, great marble bathrooms with Essential Elements amenities furnished in a simple rustic style with local wood.
The hotel has only a dozen villas, each of which are on the beach looking over the turquoise Caribbean sea. The room rate includes breakfast, lunch and dinner and soft drinks, but alcoholic drinks are extra.
It is a very romantic place for rest and relaxation, when we stayed there were anything from 2 to 8 other guests at the resort so it is very quiet and peaceful.
There are sailboats, glass bottomed canoes, paddle boards that are available for guest use at no charge, as well as a daily snorkeling trip which I did twice and saw a tremendous variety of fish in crystal clear waters. There is also a small gym and a spa with a good treatment menu.
The staff could not have been any nicer, from Nicolas, the manager, to Willifred the GM, to Lee the dive master, Dimitri the boat captain, to Audrey and all the staff at the restaurant. All were charming and incredibly accommodating.
I highly recommend Tiamo for couples seeking rest and relaxation in a tropical paradise.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Dopanijoso
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Greetings From our Secret place
Dear Dopanijoso,

Tiamo 's Team and I , we really appreciate you find time to add this wonderful comment about your stay in our property .
you know where we are for disconnect with the World when you whant.

Hope to see you soon in our secret place.
Tiamo"Vous Aimes"
Best sunny regards

Wilfried

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Tiamo is stunning, and the staff is what really made the trip for us. DJ was our first introduction to Andros and he didn't dissappoint. He is the boat captain for Tiamo and a flyfishing guide. He gave me so much 'intel' on where to fish and how to do it. He even helped me with my casting into the wind. I looked forward to seeing DJ every morning so I could pick his brain just a little more. Lee (scuba and snorkeling) was always a blast to talk with and share amazing photos. Cybele, the masseuse, was also a joy to talk to, she is a fascinating and kind young lady. Audrie welcomed us to breakfast every morning. She is actually the mother of one of the most famous bonefish guides on the island, Marvin Miller. Penny, took wonderful care of us of each evening... we missed her our first night back! Plus our new friend Kenyair actually set us up for easily the best evening of the trip. We took the staff boat back to Mangrove Key, drove to the Conch Shack, and had dinner and drinks with another legendary bonefish flats guide (and owner of the conch shack). They call him 'Shine' and his conch salad is amazing. Shine was even kind enough to run us back across 'the bight' (a 20 minute boat ride) back to Tiamo well after dark. He also carves permit, tarpon, and bonefish out of conch shells... we bought one of each. He actually had to made a bonefish for me in two days, and had it delivered to Tiamo before our departure. This guy guides full time AND runs a restaurant! Unbelievable, we were so lucky to meet all of these folks. Last but certainly not least, our fly fishing guide Leslie Greene has to be the best out there. I fished with him for four days and landed around 20 bonefish in very tough conditions. I hooked and had casts at soooo many others. The highlight of the trip was Leslie poling the boat through probably 50 yards of 8" deep water and mud to within range of a large tailing bonefish. I made the cast, and ten minutes later, we were holding an 11lb bonefish, a true fish of a lifetime. This was only possible because of Leslie's extra effort through extreme 'skinny' water. I highly recommend visiting Andros and Tiamo. If you're flyfishing, specifically request to fish with either Leslie Greene, Shine, Marvin Miller, or DJ. I know we'll be back soon!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear shockeyben,

Tiamo resort team and I we really appreciate you find time to write this comment.
You know now where is our secret place and the Bonfishing capital of the World.
You are our new ambassador.

Tiamo "Vous Aimes".

Wilfried

Reviewed 8 March 2017

It was such a peaceful yet adventurous trip. Perfect for couples looking for a romantic getaway. The staff was excellent in every way and the food was superb. Couldn't ask for a better trip for my husband and I

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 March 2017

A wonderful experience, with a beautiful setting, excellent food, and a warm welcome from the staff at all levels. Lovely beach, diving, kayaking, paddle, all these activities included and immediately at hand.
Not to be missed!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Minatchy V,

Thank a lot for your comment, you now now where is our secret place in the Heart of The Bahamas.

See you soon for disconnect with the world at Tiamo resort.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Three words come to mind when reflecting on the 8 days we spent at Tiamo, beauty, brilliance, and balance. Tiamo is one of the best small luxury resort hotels I have ever had the pleasure at which to be called a guest. From it's laid back quite vibe, amazing sunsets, and endless natural beauty, all the way to the culinary delights they humbly refer to as “Dinner”, Tiamo has everything one could hope for in a luxury vacation. The staff, activities and accommodations were second to none.
To feed our need to experience "The new" we rarely return to the same place, Tiamo will be our new exception. I almost hate to write this review as I wish to be selfish and not have others find out about this hidden gem. Alas, in the end beauty hidden is beauty not appreciated, so in the spirit of "Paying it forward" I will simply say, “If you have time only for a single visit to a tropical paradise make it to Tiamo.”

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple