Free cancellation until 22/07
US$83
Nathan's Lodge(Andros)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$126
Swain's Cay Lodge(Andros)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$202
Hotels.com
The Pointe Resort(Andros)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$990
US$706
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat housebreakfast basketgolf cartprivate islandevery morningcottage suitewater spafour seasonsfishpicnic basketafternoon cookiesrum punchbeach bungalowspa treatmentsother guestsglass floorheaven on earth
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Recently my family and I stayed at Kamalame Cay Resort. Words do not sufficiently express how breathtaking and utterly relaxing the Cay and Resort is. At Kamalame, you are truly able to "disconnect" and focus on the core values of family and relationships. Kamalame has remained loyal to the surrounding environment. Its experiences, decor, staff, even structural style is indicative of the natural resources and local community. We were able to swim and explore to our hearts content. My husband and I were even able to escape the realities of the daily stress and grind and celebrate our wedding anniversary. Quite romantically I may add!! The staff even somehow knew it was our anniversary and went above and beyond to make us feel special. Kamalame gets an A+++ in our books!!!
****The surprise manatee visit was an added thrill!!

Room Tip: The whole Cay is set up in a way to maximize on privacy and tranquility.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jean D
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My Husband surprised me with a beautiful island get away to Kamalame Cay 8/12/17 it was an unforgetable experience. The rooms were are they are shown in the brochure the staff was excellent the food was delicious the ambiance was romantic the spa was wonderfully different open and over the water it was a fantastic and relaxing weekend I cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: if you are haveing a birthday party of a special occasion please let their helpful staff know they will accommodate you and your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deann C
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Three years ago my husband attended a wedding there and came back home mesmerized...three years later he took our entire family.
Kamalame is my heaven on earth, it truly surpasses all the cudos, with their warm hospitality and absolute missions to please. We have two young girls, and their experience was also nothing but pure fun in the sun with us as parents feeling so safe and happy to know the staff is always there to cater and be the second pair of eyes.
Kamalame is truly a virgin land with all the luxurious amenities that treat Mother Nature with love.
#iheartkamalame.
Siddiqa Palmer

Room Tip: Depends on your preference of the creek or the seaside,either way it's magnificent,and peaceful and more so private.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Siddiqa A
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Truly one of the gems of the Bahamas!

It is the perfect getaway from your busy life. Whether you want to just relax by the pool, sit on a beautiful sandy beach with views of the ocean that don't stop or come to go fishing, snorkeling or other sporting, you can't go wrong.

A feel of island rustic chic in all of the rooms, but waking up and opening your doors to the ocean is like nothing else.

We have a two year old child and even she loves it every time we go. You can take out kayaks, ride bikes or just let the kids roam with all the open beach! The kitchen is very flexible for you parents worrying about what your child will eat. They can make whatever you need.

David and Michael are always the most elegant of hosts. You feel like you are a personal VIP guest of theirs the moment you arrive.

Oh and make sure you don't miss their Kamalame Cay Luncheon dates. They happen about once a month and are the hottest ticket in the Bahamas. A beautiful family style table set up, locally caught fish, local garden grown veggies, prepared in large sharing dishes with up to 80 people from all walks of life! All of that paired with some amazing wines and rums lead to one fun boozy day!

My wife and I can't say enough about this place, so if you were on the fence, jump to it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank kcj21
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We visited kamalame (pronounced ka-mall-a-may) with virtually no notice on a whim. It was one of the best decisions made in years regarding travel. We have extensively travelled the Bahamas and even own property in the Abacos. This experience was in summary the perfect "5 star out island retreat." You have enough service, balanced with privacy, to perfectly supply an environment to enjoy a very private and enjoyable retreat. My wife and I were looking for a couples getaway w/ out the kids and this was absolutely perfect for us. Unplug and enjoy.

Upon arrival you are greeted by friendly staff, cocktails and a very short ferry ride to the private island retreat. The grounds as a whole are very well maintained and all staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. I don't want to spoil some of the beauties you'll encounter as you get through the casual check in process and start exploring but, I'll say if you're looking for any of the following, just book it: a beautiful secluded island romantic getaway, a high-end bonefish lodge, beautiful remote dive or snorkeling destination, a place to unplug and enjoy an island paradise.

Quick mentions: The residences are very well appointed and beautiful, the oceanfront bungalows are the honest best value experience I've ever had on the high end side of island travel and are also beautiful. Breakfast baskets delivered to your door are fresh and tasty, food and staff at the great house are all far above good for island experiences, pool is great, beach is epic, self serve bar is complete and ample, spa beautiful w/ great availability, golf carts, bikes and kayaks all great. Paddle boards were in terrible shape and need replacement as do some paddles. I'd say the only area the place lacked for us was in the paddle board equipment area which was a big disappointment for us as we were looking for a nice opportunity for exercise paddling about.

We plan to return with our own boat (and Paddleboards) next year. There is a small marina suitable for large outboards or shallow draft inboard vessels.

Fishing: bonefishing, Spearfishing and offshore fishing is available through local guides booked through the lodge. All fishing in the area is excellent but bonefishing is truly world renown and a highlight.

I've loaded some photos that depict the beauty I think. Check them out too. Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple