All reviews great house breakfast basket golf cart private island every morning four seasons spa treatments fish picnic basket afternoon cookies rum punch other guests beach bungalow island resort ritz carlton deserted island the north end
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is a wonderful place: the house at which we stayed was really lovely, the food was exceptional, the service and welcome were excellent. It is a place where one leaves the cares and stresses of the outside world behind, brilliant for couples, and for those seeking quiet and luxurious vacations. The disappointments were (i) the absence of wifi elsewhere than at reception: having said that this was a wonderful place to leave everything behind, there are nevertheless occasions when one needs internet access to the outside world and this is not readily provided; and (ii) slightly more seriously, the beach is not the greatest in the world (compare Highbourne Cay, which, I see, does not feature at all on Tripadvisor) and nor is the pool. The importance of the latter is accentuated by the significance of the former. The pool needs to be updated and improved before I would give this otherwise wonderful place an "Excellent" review. Having said that, I would be delighted to go back because all the other aspects of this island are just exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank GvKl
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing getaway for couples! It is a little like planes, trains and automobiles to get there but well worth it! We flew into Nassau on Bahamair and then got a private flight on Dove air ( due to the fact that we arrived early and the next public flight wasn't until 3:30) to Andros. Upon arriving in Fresh Creek on Andros, a taxi took us on, terrible roads, about a 20 min drive to the dock where the ferry picked us up. The ferry trip is just long enough to sip a Sampson Special rum cocktail... amazing!

The golf cart picks u up at the dock and once you are checked in at the office, you get your own golf cart to follow them to your bungalow. It was so amazing and opened up to a short sandy path, framed with palm trees, to the beach. Humming birds everywhere, friendly people and wonderful food! Also the bars were self serve honor bars, although often someone was there to assist you. One of my favorite things was the breakfast basket delivered every morning by 7 with fresh squeezed oj, coffee, croissants( chocolate chip were yummy) hard boiled eggs, and fruit or yogurt. So spoiled... I miss that at home:) we did kayak but mostly just relaxed. No tv, wifi limited to office... wonderful to disconnect!

Highly recommend!

Only things needing improvement... biting horseflies and even though they fog every morning, the mosquitos were still a little issue but it was the rainy season.

The spa was a cool thatched roof building on the water at the end of a dock. The couples massage however was in adjoining rooms not next to each other which was unexpected. The cut out glass window on the floor under your head also showed no sealife, which was disappointing.

We did see a 6 foot shark about 10 feet off shore at about 7pm which was so cool!

The flight back to Nassau was on LeAir which was fine.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lhamdog
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I had no expectations when arriving at Kamalame Cay although I had seen the many designations the resort received from various travel magazines. My husband and I went over for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary.

It is a stunning property, having achieved the perfect blend of minimalistic natural luxury. We had the "Guest of House" package which was an added value to our trip as we were able to eat and drink whatever we liked on property. The food at the Great House is fantastic and all the servers were very helpful and friendly.

Our bungalow was gorgeous and faced an endless beach that was private and secluded. The minibar was well appointed and the morning breakfast basket was a great touch (as was the outdoor shower). There is no TV or wifi which is awesome, as the Bose speaker provided was all we needed.

We roamed the property on the golf cart, went kayaking, went to the spa, had a long walk on the beach and even had a private picnic that was provided by the Great House. Leah, one of the staff members at the resort, was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. She made us feel welcomed from our arrival and really went out of her way to make sure our trip was special. I adore this place and can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tiffanyforbes
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Every year I take my mother away for a few days on a birthday trip. This year when I asked where she wanted to go, my mother looked at me yearningly and asked to go to my favourite place in the world: Kamalame Cay.

This trip was so incredibly soul soothing that it recharged our batteries completely. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and immediately were met with the staff on golf carts, ready to whisk us away as quickly as they could to begin the weekend and enjoy it at its fullest.

After checking in to the most beautiful 2 bedroom , 2 bathroom villa, we hopped over to the Great House to eat a very delicious lunch. As soon as you arrive you immediately feel welcomed and at home on the island. So beautifully remote once there, you realize how much you needed to recharge. Genuinely, regardless of where you are on the property, you are always mere steps away from the warm, crisp and inviting ocean, you find yourself spending hours swimming and exploring the beautiful water that is the Caribbean.

No matter how many days you are there, the time flies by, days are filled with great food, great wine, amazing conversation, laughter and frankly any adventure you choose ( from outdoor in nature to indoor in the spa). The Great House is where you can get all your delicious and delectable meals. You find yourself eagerly jumping in to everything on the menu. The menu is filled with fruits and vegetables their farm to table, which are harvested for the guests to be enjoy.

Every morning you wake up to a freshly made breakfast basket, filled with: freshly baked pastries, cut fruit, coffee, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and finally yes even freshly made orange juice. Instantly you have many wonderful options to choose from whether scuba certification, snorkeling, fishing, nature walk and a private luncheon to have ... you find yourself already planning your next trip over to Kamalame Cay. Some ask can kids come with their parents, I say yes of any age, if you want to have simple pleasures and the opportunity to unplug to reconnect.

I love Kamalame Cay, there's no other way to say it, I have gone with my husband, ( who on or first trip we were merely boyfriend/ gf) friends, and now my mother, the best part is you find yourself no matter your relationship, you leave with a better, deeper relationship with that person/persons.

The owners outdo themselves not only in the details, but what they created Kamalame Cay to be. The environment they have created not only is breathtakingly beautiful, but all the guests who are on the island are lucky enough to meet each other, sharing stories, experiences and meals together. Which is so extremely rare not just in holidays, but in life. Every time I go, I can't wait to go back, and share this amazing paradise. There is a reason they have won the number 1 position from the Top Resort Hotel in the Caribbean, Bermuda and the Bahamas from Travel and Leisure and the number 17 position in the world.

As they say, it's better in the Bahamas, but it's the BEST at Kamalame Cay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Margot W
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Taking a tiny puddle jumper airplane over to Andros was interesting.
When we arrived and were provided a golf cart to get around, that was cool.
When we walked into our suite and saw the view, we were BLOWN AWAY (see pic).

This place was AMAZING!!! What a perfect mix of natural beauty, privacy, and first-class amenities.

My wife and I were a bit concerned prior to our trip. We thought that we'd get bored here. Couldn't have been further from the truth. We wish we would've stayed longer. It was pure heaven.

You can easily find areas that give you a feeling that you're on your own private island. Heck, we'd go to the beach right out front of our suite and not see anyone for hours, no matter what direction we looked. Endless beach, endless ocean.

The people you do meet, it's a much more intimate setting, so you're able to form closer bonds. And we did. We met some wonderful people who I am sure we will keep in touch with.

The food was excellent and the staff and service were phenomenal. Special call outs to Samson, who managed the Great House and most importantly, manned the bar. Couldn't get enough "Samson Specials". :) Tricko was also great to hang with. And Christi was always helpful and super kind. Marlene educated us on conch, which was cool. Of course, David and Michael were gracious hosts. And the girls in the Pineapple house always made sure we had everything we needed and more.

We loved this place and we'll definitely be back and bring others with us. What an amazing, relaxing experience. Ah, the island life...

Room Tip: Beach and cottage suites provide ultimate privacy
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family