All reviews great house breakfast basket golf cart private island every morning water spa four seasons fish picnic basket afternoon cookies rum punch beach bungalow spa treatments other guests heaven on earth island resort david michael
Reviewed 5 April 2017

My partner and I have just returned from staying at Kamalame Cay. We have been privileged to travel all over the world and stay in some of the most beautiful locations but Kamalame Cay tops them all, it's a truly unique experience.

In today's world we all live such busy hectic lives, if you are looking for somewhere where you can just escape and explore deserted stunning beaches/eat amazing food/drink lots of the 'Samsun specials' and get totally spoilt, this is the location for you.

We were very fortunate to stay during one of their famous luncheons which I thoroughly recommend, the food and wine parings were superb and the atmosphere was so much fun with great music and dancing, we met some amazing fun people.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owners David & Michael while we were there - they are an adorable couple, always on hand to host and assist. And it has such a welcoming family feel because of their input, which filters down to the staff, who are always friendly and approachable, with a sparkle of fun in their eyes.

Getting there is easy, we travelled to Nassau with British Airways and did a transfer with Glen Air, both great easy hassle free trips.

The hardest part of the journey was leaving! We were there for ten days, we got back to London and I am struggling!!! I can't wait to go back, I don't think I have been that relaxed for years!

Tips for future travellers -
-It may take a couple of days to unwind if you have a hectic schedule like we do as you will be going from crazy to total relaxation, everything is a much slower pace which should be medically prescribed!!
-The breakfast basket is such a treat, breakfast delivered to your door every morning, the staff are fantastic and will add more or less of items depending on your preference.
- Every afternoon fresh cookies arrived, the rooms have tea and a nespresso machine and a fully stocked fridge.
- For the duration of your stay you are given a golf buggy which was so much fun, its great for exploring the property.

A big thank you to the whole Kamalame team for giving us the most amazing experience and we will be back soon Declan & Helena

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This is just not a #1 ranked hotel. I've been to 3 other 5-star boutique beach resorts where TV's are not present and the focus is on spending time with family and friends in a beautiful natural environment just as Kamalame presents itself online. The truth is, It does not make sense to spend this kind of money in exchange for what feels like a high end camping experience with some amenities (maybe that's a little harsh). Yes, there is plenty of charm and lots of privacy, the golf carts are a fun way of getting around when they are working.

Pros:
Daily complimentary laundry service, daily fresh baked cookies, golf cart, charm, fishing, the other guests to mingle with, privacy, a major sense of safety and freedom to roam about and explore, no crowds or fighting for lounge chairs, heated pool, good housekeeping

Cons:
We had no water pressure in master bedroom shower for first two days, Service doesn’t exist (period), food is fine but not great and often cold, Menu does not change as suggested on site, One of the owners dogs was in the pool one day while we were swimming and days later a different dog ended up running around the inside of our cottage for a few minutes, you have to ask for things 2-4 times before receiving, a large pile of glass for days on the sandy walkway to the decrebit tennis court, you’ll go days without someone responding to you if ever, lots of beach debri every day even though they rake it with a tractor, kayak lagoon area is sketchy and uninviting (The employees seem to take their lunch break there and in the woods behind, it’s just weird), beach towels might or might not be available, dirty cocktail glasses are picked up every 12 hours, employees hide the bikes from guests to use for themselves, golf carts are unreliable, Tiki bar is worn and uninviting on every level, The physical Spa itself is laughable, wait staff needs some serious training, coffee/breakfast bar just feels dirty and is missing the essentials.

It's not major stuff, but it's the 10-20 little things every day that add up, like no butter one morning, no spoons to stir your coffee, no cream for your coffee, no Nespresso machine in room as stated (I even asked for one after the fact) didn't receive the groceries I ordered and you never get a follow up apology for anything, I mean, it felt endless.

We are not picky, not irrational, yet pretty easy going people, we made the best of it, enjoyed our time with some of the other guests but left disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2017
16  Thank FanOfVacations
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Kamalame ticks so many boxes; gorgeous beaches, great food, outstanding fishing, chilled vibe, wonderful hosts, charming accommodation....I'm running out of adjectives here!

It is a trek from the UK. This time we had a night in Nassau before catching the early LeAir flight, it worked out fine. I understand it might be just as easy to fly into Miami then on to Andros. Either way, it's worth the journey.

Our favourite cottage suite Wild Dilly was booked so we reserved one of the new beach bungalows. Although slightly less private we loved being right on the beach and the fresh modern decor. The golf cart meant we could whizz about the island without any problem, but I suppose in bad weather it might be easier being near the Great House.

My husband had great success fishing both with Flemming (one of the guides) and also DIY. If you needed pre departure advice then Simon & Kelly who run the activities are very knowledgeable and approachable.

Staff on the island are just lovely. The Hew family are very visible, especially the utterly charming David, and one feels that they want the guests to feel very comfortable. The atmosphere isn't starchy FS, it's much more friendly and informal.

If you're looking for the perfect beach holiday, I really recommend Kamalame. I'm already planning our return!

Room tip: Cottage suite, beach bungalow or private villa
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pollylovesthesun
Reviewed 5 March 2017

My wife, dog, and I went to Kamalame for a week in February. We stayed in one of the beach cottages and couldn't believe how this place starts to feel like home. We would almost feel like the miles and miles of beach was just ours to have a relaxing walk with our pup feeling as free as he ever has.

We all had an incredible stay but our pup had the time of his life. He spent most of his time walking on the beach, fishing in the flats (he loved seeing the fish so clearly), and sleeping by 5pm. He was exhausted. He could also join us for breakfast/lunch/dinner in the great house. He made friends with everyone and the staff was so welcoming to him.

Some quick notes...
Beach: beautiful beach with flat, clear water that you can walk out fairly far. You will likely encounter starfish and sand dollars every 50 yards. You will likely not encounter many other guests. Cottages/houses are spread apart and you will feel like you have this resort all to yourself.

Activities: we saw many people go diving, snorkeling, and fishing. We decided to go to the island for a private lunch. I'd recommend that. Even more secluded! Simon and Kelly were the best hosts.

Room: unbelievable. Our doors opened up and we could see the crystal clear sea. We had a short conch shell lined walkway to our beach chairs.

Food: the food was delicious and there were a few options that we could eat since we don't really enjoy seafood. The avocado/arugula salad was to die for. The only complaint here is that it was the same menu all week. Became a little tired.

Kamalame Cay was on our bucket list to take our pup with us. So happy we did it and would love to do it again.

Room tip: beach rooms are close to main house; houses are further out; new bungalows are far from great house but all have a golf cart
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank rpi80
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

If you are looking to escape to paradise then look no further than KC! An unbelievable experience on so many levels! The minute you arrive on the island you are welcomed by the most gracious staff...with a Samson Special in hand and beautiful views ahead...paradise surrounds! What truly makes KC magical is the family that owns the island...they treat you like family and make sure your trip is one you will never forget!
From the cottages to the bungalows to the great house...the attention to detail is incredible! The food is amazing! The cronuts you will dream about long after you have left the island!
I truly feel so blessed to have discovered this gem and can't wait to come back next year with my girls!

Date of stay: January 2017