1,473 results
All reviews free shuttle port lucaya bedroom condo beautiful beach laid back lobster car rental the resort offers resort staff relaxing vacation nice resort negative reviews water sports tory sonya conch shuffleboard
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I've been here a couple of times with friends who own a time share. They go because they have to. They both regret buying there and did so with the expectation that the resort was well maintained and friendly.

Let me preface my opinion of this resort by saying that I have been going to Mexico a couple times a year for 10 years. My opinion of Island Seas is based partly on comparisons to those trips.

Let's face it, Freeport is not most people's first choice when traveling to the Caribbean. The only real industry here is tourism and they do it poorly. The only descent service I every received here was from the cleaning staff. This is a place where the concept of service just doesn't seem to exist. Tips are automatically added to everything so they just don't give a damn.

I, like many people today, need to be able to communicate with folks back home and do have to work remotely while on vacation. The resort did not have internet service for most of the week I was there. There was a small area in one corner of the lobby where I could get a signal the first couple of days but that stopped on Wednesday. Talking to some of the longer term guests, I learned that this had been going on for months. Speculation was that they were in a payment dispute with their internet provider. Given the high maintenance fees for time-share guests, a lot of anger was displayed.

The room we had was so run down we tried to get moved, unsuccessfully. They keep one unit and the exterior nice because they are still trying to sell time-shares. If you are seriously thinking about buying here, ask some of the guests to see their rooms. VERY LOW RENT accommodations. Our room had a 27 inch tube TV with a poor signal, worn out kitchen stuff and nasty bathrooms.

If I had to give them any kudos, it would have to be for something they cannot control. The beach here is very nice. The water was warm enough to swim in February. That part was nice.

I would avoid most food in the restaurant. I got pork sliders one night and was sick the next day. Again, they just don't care about anything which makes me wonder about the sanitary conditions of the kitchen.

If you really must stay at Island Seas, and I advise against it, be prepared to cook your own meals and buy your own liquor. There are no other restaurants nearby and the shuttle to the tourist area stops pretty early.

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard is probably better
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Walt L
Reviewed 4 March 2015

My wife and I stayed at the resort from February 20 to the 25. They gave us a room in across the street from the main building in room 1081. Our bed was the most deplorable bed we have slept on a bed that should have been discarded twenty years ago. There were not enough classes and the ones that was there came from a thrift shop. The sofa bed that was used by my wife sister was horrible. Not a single picture on the walls. The kitchen. The staff don't seem to understand that they could have reversed the fridge door. The stove. Here again two burners didn't work. When I pulled the burners from the stove I found the one burner was not even plugged in. After I inserted the burner it still didn't work. Also there were not enough dishes and pot and pans.
I have no complained for the restaurant, the food was good, for me and my sister in law. However, my wife is major gluten free and there was not enough" gluten " free food so her choice of food was next to nothing and she did not had the assurance that the food that was praired for her was done separately. Over all the sun was great the water was warm and the lodging was horrible. As a result we got rid of our timeshare.

Room Tip: Do not choose this island seas as a vacation resort. This resort is on a island so you are stuck for the duration of your stay.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2015

We are owners, and our family loves our yearly visit here. I really have to wonder about the negative reviews. You get what you pay for. This is not a 5 star resort. BUT, it is a wonderful timeshare to own. The beach is amazing. You get what you give with the staff, and we have met lots of nice people here who also return every year.
The food is average, but that is not our main concern. We have a kitchen and go to the market place when we want a meal out. But lunch is always good at Coconuts. The WEATHER is why we come. Never too hot for us old folks, or our grandkids. So many people expect to be waited on hand and foot. Go to a high end resort for that. We come here just to relax and enjoy. In all the years we have been coming we also have vacationed elsewhere and still love this place. For those of you who complain about the food pricing, not sure where you live, but we find it about the same as Boston, or NYC. We went to St John last year and Grand Cayman a few years ago, and restaurants were off the charts. We have two weeks here and own a ski home in Maine, we we have the best of both worlds. Island Seas will always be our second home. Have been coming to Grand Bahamas for over 20 years. One thing I will agree on, it is in need of renovations. They seem to work on this all the time, but never seems to be completed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank susan s
Reviewed 27 February 2015

After reading the reviews I was very nervous about how my week was going to go. My Husband and I checked in on Feb 8th 2015 we stayed in the Flying Fish Building Unit 2034 .Sonja who was very friendly and helpful with our check in process came and got us when our unit was ready. Our first room experience was terrible.. We walked out on the balcony and we got locked out,.the door lock was broken, We had to flag a staffer to open the door for us, maintence was there quickly to replace the lock. The bed was AWFUL!! Could not sleep on it. Mondays they take you by shuttle bus to a local grocery store Solomans. The prices were not that bad. However I suggest you buy only what you can carry or eat for the week. The shuttle driver I found to be sort of on the grumpy side compared to everyone else who is extremely friendly. The beach was nice, though it was full of glass. Howie spent the whole week gathering up large and small pieces of glass as did other guests. They had some major erosion so water shoes are a must for now. Every morning Chef Bernie walked down and told us his specials for the day. He is set up on a public beach right next to Our beach. His food was fresh and good. and priced right.. The drinks flow at Bernies.. When the tide goes down its a beautiful walk on the beach also the sunsets are amazing. We had our turn with Bryant the sales man and though he pitched a good presentation we did not buy, We did buy a week and if we decide to buy that money will go towards the down payment. As of Feb 8th They had no WiFi.. You either got on or did not. Take the shuttle to Port Lucya and go to Rumrunners or Agaves for the free wifi. Overall it was not a bad vacation. Remember on Freeport there are two speeds ... none and very slow... When we go back if the problems we had are corrected than we will most likely buy. Also the food in the resturant was very good. The portions made it well worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside view when you book.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 9 February 2015

Pros: Great people, everybody says 'Hi" Taliea is a delight. Where ever she went people were laughing and smiling.
Beautiful pool, although a bit cool. No problem getting towels.
Food was good, nothing fancy, but if you want that, go to Lucayan.
Bus into Lucayan every hour...no charge.
Outdoor bar by the pool is fun, drink, eat, play cards. We watched the Super Bowl game there.
We were in room 2039. Great view of the courtyard, pool and could see the ocean in the background
Snorkeling was awesome. Fish galore, stingrays, eel, turtle
Cons: Our refrigerator icemaker was loud, a few little dings here and there on the baseboards, mattress in our room could be updated. Called maintenance to replace a light bulb, came in a timely manner.
Time Share presentation is not worth the free breakfast, but the free island tour was great. Salesman 'Vince" was pleasant, even though we said "no".
I, we, would return, but of course there are too many other islands to explore.

Room Tip: Any room facing the courtyard, swimming pool or ocean will be great! Updating is continually going on, rooms are perfect, with some blemishes, but nothing horrible either.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends