See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I was placed in this hotel whilst waiting for a flight off the island. It was below average unfortunately, the room wasn’t ready on arrival which was around 1500, the room wasn’t overly clean and a strong smell of chemical hit me as I opened the door.

The restaurant wasn’t great, the steak was like eating a shoe. However the breakfast was very good, some of the best poached eggs I’ve had in a hotel.

I wouldn’t stay here if I booked it myself as there’s several hotels on the island for a similar price with better reviews, but it is close to the airport and it only takes a few minutes in a taxi.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We were on a cruise and hubby got sick. We were medically disembarked and had to be taken to RAND Memorial Hospital ( don't ever get sick and have to seek medical treatment there...awful). We were finally released after the ship left and the port agent took us to Royal Islander. If the reasons of us being there would have been under better conditions this wouldn't have been a bad place. The only thing I can probably complain about is I believe there is a club/bar next to the hotel because the music was so loud and constant that it was annoying to be outside. But other then that the ladies at the front desk were really sweet and friendly and they were very accommodating to our situation.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimm1970
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Arrived late pm. No food or water available. Room was clean but bedside lamp not working due broken plug. Toilet/ bathroom very basic. Nothing in the vicinity with regards to convenience shopping. Wifi in lobby was good but very bad in the rooms.

Room tip: Stayed overnight only. Very basic rooms with aircon.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KanwarDeep
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't stay here if I was paying for a hotel in Freeport myself. Stayed two nights before joining a ship. Plenty issues with the rooms that our group had and some had to wait ages for food to arrive. Having said that, the Western Omelette I had each morning for breakfast was hearty and very nice.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The position is not close to the sea, and you need a taxi to get there.
However the hotel is clean and staff is kind.
The rooms are clean and nicely arranged, located around a nice pool.
We've been there only one night, however I'd like to recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2017