The Place is a run down dump, poorly run and maintained. I understand the place was damage by the storm, there was a contractor there working on that. I'm talking about the way the staff is operating and maintaining the place. The staff gives new meaning to the word slow. They were all friendly, but could care less. It's like you are bothering them when you ask for something
The place is very dirty. There was something spilled in the elevator that was there for days. The room was dirty and who ever heard of no shampoo. The maintenance staff couldn't even fix a toilet seat never mind a door lock. We were locked out of our room for a day because of a broken door lock. First the front desk kept reprogramming the keys. She wasn't bright enough to figure out if it wasn't the keys there must be something wrong with the lock. A couple hours later security showed up. A half a day later when maintenance eventually showed up. That was amusing to watch, beating on an electronic lock. The door looked like the room had been broken into, or out of anyway.
I got the breakfast buffet as part of a package. They turned me away, eventually only one person at the front desk even knew hot to look it up and enter it in the computer. Way over priced for what you get. I guess the high price is to pay for the fresh ants on the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island