We moved in here for a week after a disastrous one night stay at Taino Beach Resort in Freeport (see that review elsewhere). It was night and day... Taino Beach was terrible and Pelican Bay was wonderful. The facility was fantastic, the staff was incredible and the entire week was a true delight. We ended up in a suite with a bedroom and large sitting room/living room/kitchenette. The view from our patio was superb. We were about 50 steps from one of the 3 resort pools which was perfect since I am handicapped and I do swim laps for about an hour every day. The pool was perfectly clean and of the proper temperature and since the resort did not seem to be very busy we had a "private pool" for several hours almost every day. The room has a large screen flat panel TV and an espresso machine with a choice of about 10 different flavors of espresso that were refilled daily at no extra charge. The king sized canopied bed was perfectly comfortable and the daily maid service was non intrusive and very efficient. The resort has its own restaurant which is OK and it is walking distance to all the restaurants at Lucaya Marketplace and the Radisson as well as the most fantastic restaurant in the Bahamas... the Flying Fish Seafood Restaurant. (see my review elsewhere). Stan (or Stanley) was exceptionally helpful allowing us to preview several rooms before checking in and seeing to it that everything was perfect for our stay. We spent the next week at our timeshare at Harborside at Atlantis on Paradise Island and this is the only resort that we have found in the Bahamas to rival the amenities, cleanliness and friendliness of our Harborside facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island