Dundee Bay Villas(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$386
US$343
Dolphin Cove(Freeport)
US$210
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$164
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$111
Hotels.com
1,053 results
All reviewssabor restauranttaino beachfree ferrywater taxiseparate bedroombreakfast was includedacross the streetnespresso machineevery morningupgraded to a suitequiet poolregular roomoverlooking the marinagrand bahamavacation expressswim up barliving area
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I checked into the Pelican Bay on Saturday 01/21/12 with my friend we were there to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived and greated by Stanley the bell captain to the front desk . Where we met Tara it was like wonderful, to have such nice friendly beautiful people who showed warm with their smiles. They were able to give us directions to everything we wanted to do while on the island. The suite we stayed in 344 was wonderful and had everything we needed. Also want to mention Jamal who offered one evening to go and get us a menu if we needed to find out what there was for dinner at the resturant Sabor . I can't wait to go back to the island of beautiful happy people.

Room Tip: My recomendation would be suties
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cynthia W
PelicanBayHotel, Front Desk Agent at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Cynthia W,

Thank you so much for your positive review on our property. We are pleased that we were able to meet all of your expectations and were able to be apart of your wonderful vacation.

We hope that you will stay with us again when you return to the island in the future.

Thanks!

Dominique Sawyer

Reviewed 23 January 2012

OK...so what's it like to stay in a beautiful setting but be at a 2nd-rate hotel? It's like "lemme outta here!" That's how i felt about Pelican Bay! I checked in thursday night...tired and ready for a nice relaxing bath...no such luck! RUSTY water...ants in the bathroom!! YUK! Moved to another room - no HOT water...ants in the bathroom! Double YUK! Pelican...no more...

Room Tip: try Grand Lucaya -- across the street -- that's where i moved to!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank teresa h
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Teresa H,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered while visiting our hotel. Once your problem was communicated, we immediately tried our best to get to the root of the problem. We believe that your water issues were due to an island wide water issue that created issues as you stated on our property. By the time that the problem was resolved, you had already decided to leave.

Additionally, in our hot climate and doors being open, sometimes you may encounter ants. It is certainly and isolated problem as we have a consistent Pest control company that services our property and rooms on a weekly basis.

While we would have hoped that your stay was enjoyable, we thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. We will certainly use this to continue to improve.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stayed here for 4 days. Enjoyed everyday. Had no complaints. The hotel is located on the harbor next to the market shopping center. It is situated between 2 harbors so no matter where your looking there are nice views, some breath taking. The room it self was great 2 doubles. Clean soft beds. Refrigerator. With balcony. It's the kind of room you can stay in all day. Housekeeping was outstanding. There is a pool bar and restaurant. Food was great and there is a free voucher for either a Bahama mama or yellow bird. Wifi at hotel is expensive but works great. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Havlyn,

Thanks so much for providing a review regarding your recent stay! At this time we only provide a free complimentary business center, but your comment will be taken in to consideration.

Thanks for your time!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed at the Pelican Bay at Lucaya hotel from January 12-16, 2012. My fiance and I were there on a scouting trip for potential venues for our wedding. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our stay was nothing short of perfect. The staff were friendly, attentive, thorough, and on point at all times. Each day we were treated as though we were V.I.P. guests; our every need and inquiry was attended to in a timely manner and with a polite attitude and kind demeanor from each staff member. The staff- from the front desk agents, to the bell captain, to the house keeping and restaurant staff- were always friendly, willing to assist, and always appeared to be concerned with how each guest was enjoying their stay.

The hotel grounds are magnificent. Its is obvious that cleanliness and comfort are a priority at this hotel. Each day, our gorgeous waterview room was cleaned in a timely manner and with precision. All of the facilities in our room worked the way they should. Overall, the property is well maintained.

The food at the hotel is delicious and of good quality. We chose to have each meal at the hotel or at the restaurant on the hotel grounds, Sabor. Each item we ate was fresh, flavorful, and well prepared. The menus offer a diverse array, which made it easy to stay at the hotel for each meal without becoming bored. Our wedding planner arranged to have a tasting for our wedding menu; each dish sampled was crafted with fine, fresh ingredients and obvious care. The presentation and flavor of the food was equally fabulous.

To all the BRIDES out there looking for a destination wedding location- LOOK NO FURTHER, PELICAN BAY IS THE PERFECT VENUE TO HOST YOUR WEDDING!! Wedding planner Marva Munroe met with us several times during our visit to help us envision the plans for our big day. She was knowledgeable, organized, and friendly, which helped to put out nerves and concerns at ease. Once we met with Marva, our hearts were set on Pelican Bay as our wedding location, though we had visited two other hotels for consideration as possible venues. Marva is on point and incredibly accommodating, and when you are a bride, these are the must-have characteristics that you would seek in a wedding planner. We are beyond excited for our wedding and can rest easily knowing Marva is there to handle all the details of our wedding.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and its staff. If you find yourself looking to stay in the Bahamas, your choice should be easy - choose this hotel!!!!!! It is a gem that offers a unique Bahamian experience that you won't soon forget. I know we won't!! THANK YOU PELICAN BAY STAFF!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle N
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Danielle N,

Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay! You certainly blew me away as I read. It's so great to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We're extremely happy to know that you felt the happy hospitality that we aim to provide to each and every one of our guests.

Your positive review not only motivated us to continue to soar to greater heights, but it truly gave each member of staff a "pat on the back" for a job well done.

We look forward to your return to our beautiful island and property! I would tell you good luck on the wedding plans but don't need it! Marva will make your day memorable beyond words...she is definitely an excellent planner!

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel January 5 thru 8, 2012. I am writing to say that though the hotel was decent, it is lacking a lot of amenities that a "great"hotel should have. The first room i stayed in (342) didn't even have flat screen tv's. Free internet should be provided. No stove or stove top. I didn't even have eating utensils in the room. The hotel website advertised a live music on saturday night. There was none. There was suppose to be a dj on friday night. There was none. It was not that much different than a Holiday Inn or any other 3 star hotel, and even some of those offer complimentary breakfast and had better and more updated facilities. I've stayed at the resort on Taino Beach and it was 100 times better. For $250 per night (that's resort fees and taxes included) there is a lot of room for improvement. The rooms are outdated. The furniture was not clean and the floors were not swept. The shower head in room 342 was disgusting. I would neither stay again or recommend this hotel to anyone else. I travel frequently to freeport and though this is one of the most expensive hotels it was by far not the best. The whole experience was far less that what i expected.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sayt
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Dear Sayt,

As I stated in my email to you when you sent this email to our Reservations Department, we humbly apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced during your visit, You declined speaking to me verbally and never acknowledged my email regarding your review.

As stated in my reply to you: 1. We are not marketed on our website or in the marketplace as a “resort” destination. We are marketed as a hotel that is not on the beach, but rather on the bell channel of the marina, therefore we will not have all of the amenities as a resort should have. 2. We provide a complimentary business center with complimentary internet access, unfortunately this does not include wireless. 3. We have listed on our website that for the suites we provide Kitchen nook with hammered-copper sink, microwave oven, we have never advertised that we have a full stove top. 4. Silverware is readily available upon request. 5. We consistently provided a live band every Saturday last year, but are currently restructuring the entertainment at the restaurant. My apologies if this was not removed, but I was unable to find it on our website. There was also no scheduled DJ for the friday night you spoke. You never provided me with the source of that information, therefore I can only respond with the information that I'm aware of. 6. We have started since last year upgrading our suites with flat screens, 30 rooms has already been completed.

Pelican Bay as a high standard of cleanliness and the discrepancies you found were immediately addressed by our housekeeping department. The quality of our product and the service to our guest is extremely important to us and we sincerely apologize that it was not up to par.

Your feedback no matter how negative or positive is extremely valuable to us. We will certainly do what is necessary to put measures in place to prevent and lessen discrepancies in the future.