“Very weak drinks”

Coconuts at Island Seas Resort
Ranked #88 of 126 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Have been owners at Island Seas Resort over 17 years and watched the Coconuts bar experience deteriorate steadily. While one bartender in particular, "Jermaine", is always cheerful and is the epitome of what you expect for Bahamas charm, others seem like they hate their job. Several years ago management gave the bar a death wish by installing one of those computerized pour systems that certainly polices the help and liquor cost but cannot produce a good drink. High prices, WEAK drinks, and sketchy service have killed the experience here.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Really just a pool bar with all food coming from nearby Seagrape Restaurant kitchen. Really slow service. Tiny metered drinks in plastic cups. Seems they don't like any premium alcohol on the premise.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Management needs to get there head together and Bar help agrees . Only place on Island and we spent two weeks that does metered drinks and it is like a thimble. We were staying @ the resort and only had drinks on our first day because of POOR drinks Dumb Dumb

2  Thank paper333
Reviewed 24 March 2017

The service was awful. I waited 10 minutes for someone to even acknowledge that I was standing at the bar trying to order. Then was told someone else had to take the order. 5 minutes after that I ordered. I ordered chicken fingers, fries, ranch dressing and asked for salt. 45 minutes later, I was delivered cold chicken and fries with no ranch nor salt. She apologized and returned 10 minutes later with the ranch and salt. I took the food back to the restaurant and had to sign a slip to give to the server, charging the food to my room. Then, when asked what I did with the slip, I indicated I had already signed it and turned it in. When I went back into the restaurant to take the food back and get warm food, they asked my husband to sign for my food. They were trying to get paid twice. Not cool. NO effort to do anything but charge me full price, after waiting another 15 minutes for my food. When I finally got hot food, it was less than tasty. I wish I would have skipped this meal and saved the $14.00

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the resort for a week so naturally we were in this bar / restaurant several times. The only food items ordered were desserts, which were fine.
Mostly this was the place to go for evening entertainment and for drinks. The happy hour specials are very good. The main bartender was very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank joe-chicago-23