1,797 results
All reviews studio room ocean view studio water park full kitchen royal towers stove top meal plan cove guests small kitchen marina village ordered groceries lazy river cascades pool grocery store private beach family vacation pots and pans
Reviewed 12 March 2017

The Reef is very well kept (unlike the beach towers). Excellent for families, especially with little kids. The staff are friendly and always eager to help you out. I have to admit that it is food is quite expensive especially if you have a strict budget. But nonetheless, it is a great experience. Will definitely come back here!

Room Tip: Great for a small family of 3 or 4!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
AtlantisBahamasTeam, Manager at The Reef at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Hi Masrur M, It was a pleasure welcoming you to The Reef! We value your five-star review as well as your recommendation to other families and it sounds like our staff made you feel right at home. You asked – we listened! We’ve simplified our dining plans to include tax and gratuities. Our newest plans provide a more all-inclusive experience and feature some of the resort’s top restaurants. Plus children 11 years and under now eat free with a purchase of an adult dining plan. See you back in paradise. - The Reef Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Atlantis can be a great vacation. The animal interactions are fantastic and the staff there is outstanding. We did both the dolphin deep water encounter and the Ultimate Trainer for a Day experience and though they were a bit repetitive to each other, they were fantastic.

The water slides are amazing, but we were there President's week and the lines were prohibitive. The pool was great and not crowded, the kids loved the beach and we had no problems getting chairs and towels.

We stayed at the reef which is a wonderful property, but paid close to $1k per day per room. At that price point, our expectations are pretty high for room quality and service and the hotel did not meet our expectations.

We walked into one room and the fridge door came flying off when we opened it. In th second, the fridge produced a buzzing sound. Engineering came, stopped the sound, but said it would return and they would have to replace the fridge the next day. He was right, but they didn't replace it on their own, it took several more calls to make that happen.

The shower water was often tepid in temperature with poor pressure. We complained and it improved marginally for a day and then returned to its original state.

I found the concierge alternatively helpful and not helpful. There were a couple of people who really went out of their way, helped us with difficult reservations, followed up etc. There were others who couldn't give a hoot.

Finally, making the reservations was a nightmare...a real nightmare....took hours.

I filled in the form online, took quite a bit of time, put in all the kids names, birthdates etc, chose the animal experiences, restaurant reservations etc. When I clicked the final ok, it kicked me out. Frustrated, I called and the reservationist said she would help me get it done quickly. Again, we went through the whole process, then she couldn't close it. Asked me to hang on for five minutes. Came back after ten, asked me to hang on for longer. Came back after 15 minutes and said they only had one room available now. I asked to speak to a manager. One came back and said I could call the next day and see if a second room came up, but I couldn't book 5 into one room. I told them it was their problem since they had confirmed availability on the phone and online and I had booked non refundable flights. For the privilege of an extra $900 per night, they could call me the next day when they figure it out. I got off the phone and noticed the process on the phone had taken over an hour. They called me the next day and we got the second room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Moved to the Reef from the Royal Towers. What an upgrade in terms of service! Where service was practically non-existent at the Royal Towers, they got it right at the Reef. We were treated with much more respect the moment we entered the doors. The room was a decent size and had amenities that a family would find useful - like a mini kitchen. The bed was, unfortunately, very firm and uncomfortable, but we slept ok. Best part of this hotel was the private pool that allowed us to escape the madness of the rest of the water park. If we return, we won't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelHappyCdn
Atlantis M, Manager at The Reef at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi TravelHappyCdn, Thanks for choosing Atlantis! We are happy that you enjoyed your time at The Reef, which is our residential luxury tower with home-like amenities such as an in-room kitchen and microwave. For those reading this review, Atlantis has 5 hotels of a variety of room accommodations to fit all preferences and budgets – Beach Tower (value), Coral Towers (moderate), Royal Towers (Deluxe), The Reef (Residential Luxury), and The Cove (Luxury). We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip. - The Reef Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Stayed for 1 week for a conference. The Reef is at the far side of the Atlantis property, but, for me, that was one of its appeals. It is quieter there than in the hub of the Atlantis activity, but only a short but beautiful walk to all that Atlantis has to offer. If the walk isn't for you, there is a shuttle that can be taken directly in front of the hotel. The Reef has its own pool and beach, as well as several dining options. My room was lovely and was complete with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and stove, as well as pots and pans, dishes, utensils... This was nice and handy, as well as helping to save some money and time. The staff were all very friendly and warm, the bed was comfortable, and the view outstanding. I am not, really, really am not, a resort lover, but Atlantis is now my big exception.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a great, romantic four day getaway. The resort had plenty of restaurants and things to do but also was quite and secluded. The towers were too busy for our liking but the reef was perfect. The beach was amazing and staff was very helpful and friendly. We both thought pictures are usually better than the real thing, not the case with the reef. You won't be disappointed. It's not cheap but it's worth it

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 928PaulR928
AtlantisBahamasTeam, Manager at The Reef at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Hi Paul R, We couldn’t be happier that you had an amazing experience at Atlantis! It sounds like you and your girlfriend had an incredible getaway to The Reef and were able to take advantage of The Reef's home-like amenities such as an in-room kitchen and microwave. For those reading this review, Atlantis has 5 hotels of a variety of room accommodations to fit all preferences and budgets – Beach Tower (value), Coral Towers (moderate), Royal Towers (Deluxe), The Reef (Residential Luxury), and The Cove (Luxury). We value your recommendation to other travelers and do hope you will join us again soon. - The Reef Atlantis Management Team