Just got back from 4 days at the Reef in Atlantis with just my wife. This was a work sponsored trip so we were not paying which was nice because Atlantis is the most expensive place I think I have ever been…it is also one of the nicest so you feel like the prices are about right for the amazingness of the resort and setting.
Other than price the next things that jump out are how big the resort is and how much there is to do. We for the most part stayed around the Reef and at the adult only pool at the Cove but there are things for just about anyone at this resort which I think would make it great for Singles, Couples without kids, Couples with older kids and extended families with some of everything. I think would think twice about going with just small kids, 4 and younger because the size of the resort can be a bit daunting and they can’t do most of the things that separate Atlantis from some of the smaller Caribbean resorts.
If you are adults without kids and want a relaxing but more upbeat vacation the Cove pool is where you want to be. The pool area is very hip and high end with music that gets louder as the day rolls on. The food and drinks are great (not cheap) and the service could not have been better.
We had a 1br at the Reef that was very spacious and nice with a full kitchen (we did not use), separate bedroom and 2 full baths. We were on the 11th floor with a view of the harbor and less direct view of the ocean.
We ate dinner at Nobu and Bahamian Club at the resort and while they were good I would not say they lived up to the high expectations I had going in. The food at the Cove pool was great but again expensive. We also went into town to go to Greycliff’s which I really enjoyed based on the experience of being in an old house with a lot of great character, the food was good but it was the atmosphere that would get me to go back.
Lastly, the one thing I could not get over at Atlantis was how nice all of the employees were…it was some of the best and most friendly service I have ever received…it had the price tag to go along with it but I really felt you got what you paid for.
If you are looking for a quite beach trip away from it all Atlantis may not be the right place, but if you are looking for a high end vacation with lots to do and don’t mind spending the money I think you will be hard pressed to find a better spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island