5,404 results
All reviews specialty restaurants sir alexander riu staff nightly entertainment a la cartes entertainment staff swim up bar steak restaurant straw market all inclusive hotel day pass ocean front negative reviews nachos majestic tours pool side water taxi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to wait a week after we got back to make our review . With that being said a little about us , middle class couple married 7 years from Iowa . This resort was or 7th trip and 2nd Riu . I was very surprised we were not met as we arrived , no worries we can carry in our own luggage . As we approached the desk again surprised , no beverage or welcome . We were checked in less than 10 min and that included a verbal layout of the hotel , all restaurants and their hours . After we were given our rooms keys we looked around for someone to help us to our room with it . Again suprised there was no one around to even ask . We drug it all to the elevator and up we went . The room and view was AMAZING !!! There was even LEFT-OVER happy anniversary goodie plate from the last guests . The air freshner in the room was very over powering . I had my husband search it out and remove it . They are hid in the AC vents btw ( many of them ) . I have asthma and allergies and it was just too much . As for the resort itself - very nice and kept clean . Customer service was definitely lacking . I wait 2 days to get a blow dryer in my room . ( it had been unwired and taken out previously they said ) . We were never spoke to by any staff unless we spoke first , not even a good morning . I was surprised the coffee shop was not open 24hour and that I had to go to the bar to get coffee in the morning and or snacks while awaiting breakfast . Ocean was amazing , even got to see star fish right out in the beach/swimming area while snorkeling . Beach vendors annoying to say the least . Saw several people without the wrists bands just walk right onto the resort and children - that was really odd . Tried buffet and steak house . Buffet was good but husband didnt care for the steak house . I told him you dont go to an island for a steak , lol ( cold and gristle ) . The waiter explained that they pre-cook them and then warm them back up on the grill ( weird ) . All in all we made the best of every situation and had fun . Met lots of nice people but unfortunately a return visit is not going to be scheduled .

6  Thank Michelle B
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Michelle B,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay at Hotel Riu Paradise Island.

We are happy to hear that you had fun on your vacation and that you met a lot of wonderful people during your stay with us.We are pleased to hear that you valued your room and their views and enjoyed snorkeling in the Ocean.

Although, we regret to know that you expected a warmer welcome.

For us, make all our guest feel at home and well taken care of is one of our main aims, we are sorry to read that we did not manage to transmit it this time.

Regarding the wristband, your comments surprises us since, all hotel guests are required to wear it for identification purposes and no one is allowed to stay at the resort without their wristband. We will forward your comment for a proper follow up.

It has been a pleasure to host you both and we will be delighted to do it again in a near future.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Paradise Island
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, forget every negative review you see about this resort. I have no idea where they stayed, but it couldn't have been here. From the moment we walked in and were greeted with a glass of champagne, until the minute we walked out, I felt as though we were treated like Royalty. And we're not first timers either, this is my Fifth Riu Palace experience, as we've stated at Rius in both Cancun and Costa Rica. The property is located right next to Atlantis on Paradise Island, and the Beach is the most beautiful i've ever seen. White Sand, crystal clear water, and very tranquil waves. It was so inviting, I was on the beach and in the water within minutes of arriving. The main meal location overlooks this beautiful beach, so you're never far from it. he room was spacious, and nicely laid out (We got the Junior Suite, Superior Ocean View Room), with a perfect view of the Ocean and Beach. The rooms have all been remodeled, and the bathroom is quite spacious. The shower was a dream as well, very roomy, and a nice rain shower head on it made it even more luxurious. We did not go into any of the specialty restaurants, but instead took advantage of the buffet for Breakfast and Dinner, as well as the Jerk Chicken lunch by the pool. Service at the buffet restaurant was top notch, with a special shout out to TRAVIS. I like to reward outstanding service, and TRAVIS delivered that daily. I will say that I did tip him personally after every meal, and he deserved every dollar I gave him. He was always there with a Diet Coke and Iced Tea for my wife and I, and filled our mugs up with the same at every meal. He's a real gem. Look for him if you go, he'll make the experience worthwhile for you. The food was varied, and of the best quality, with plenty of options for carnivores and vegetarians alike. I found the pizza they offered to be some of the best i've ever had at a Riu. Every day there were new dishes to try, lots of Beef, Pork, and Chicken options, as well as seafood too. Every staff member i met went out of there way to greet us upon every interaction. This is a first class resort, and we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Junior Suite, Superior Ocean View
11  Thank SouthSiders
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at the Rui for our anniversary. We chose Bahamas due to the Zika issues with most other countries. The Rui palace is nice, the rooms could use some upgrades but the grounds were nice and right on the beach. I only have two issues with the resort, 1. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, for $1800 I expected a bit more. 2. The restaurants situation.Unlike most other resorts you cannot make a reservation from the morning. You literally had to line up at 6pm to ensure a spot.

Kirk at front desk was AMAZING,kudos to him for his amazing customer service and lovely, welcoming smile! That man deserves a raise!

Room Tip: Ask for a room 5th floor or high. Uneven room numbers have pool and ocean view
2  Thank ioanna m
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in October. I would rate the hotel as above average and was expecting worse based on negative reviews I read right before booking. I didn’t notice any strong smell in the lobby, as some of the reviewers complained about.

Pros
Clean rooms
Nice shower
Clean beach
Clean pools
Proximity to everything (relatively small hotel)
Decent a la carte restaurants
Okay disco bar at night with DJ
Decent house wine and beer

Cons
Relatively poor selection in the dinner buffet
Evening entertainment felt 2nd grade (could be due to small size of the hotel)
Slow service at a la carte ( has to wait upwards of 40 min between courses)

Overall a good vacation, would come back again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eugene O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My hotel room was infested with bugs, all over the walls, ceiling, and curtains. I have no idea what kind of bugs they are but it’s disgusting. I’ve traveled to many all inclusive resorts and never had a room in these conditions. Besides the bugs on the walls you need to watch out of water bugs in the rooms as well. I didn’t come on vacation to live in fear of bugs.

There is no night life what so ever, the entertainment staff at the pool is very boring. My boyfriend and I had to go over to the Atlantis most of the nights on our 5 night stay at the Rui to have any sort of entertainment.

The hotel is in a great location and the island it’s self is beautiful but, I would not recommend this hotel. Spend the extra money and stay at the Atlantis.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TayJay143
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Taylor,

Thank you for choosing RIU Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.

At certain times of the year, depending on the weather, and due to the location of our hotel, which is surrounded by vegetation, the presence of insects is unfortunately inevitable. Allow us to inform you that we work hard to keep them under control, since our grounds have extensive garden areas. We fumigate continuously all areas to keep insects away from our grounds.

It is a pity that you did not mention this during your stay, giving us the opportunity to personally handle this inconvenience. However, please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and please be assured that we forwarded your comment to the head of room service.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

With our best wishes we remain,