Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
8,136 results
All reviews royal towers water park west tower lazy river meal plan dolphin cay family vacation marina village marine life a lot of fun rapid river dining plan leap of faith dolphin experience beautiful resort bahamian club shark bites
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

I booked here for my wife and her daughter for mid July. The reservation was cancelled on 7/6 due to their further delayed opening until 7/31, and Marriott/Atlantis, while appearing to be helpful over the phone, are pretty much giving us the runaround. No communication is given or timetable for a refund. Avoid booking until they actually open.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Bama14to15
Priscila Sibug, Revenue Management at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

If possible, kindly provide the name to whom the reservation was made under and the confirmation number. Please send the information to the e-mail address below.

Priscila.Sibug@atlantisparadise.com

Priscila

Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

The hotel permits lots more people than permitted. We were declined sun beds because they reached max capacity. We had to wait 2 hours and then could only be accommodated at the zero entry pool with kids playing water ball games hence constantly trying to dodge the ball hitting our heads. Not worth the price we paid at all.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Nathalie G
Sydney Engel, Other at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2020

We are sorry to learn of your experience however capacity limits are always monitored and followed. Private cabanas are available.

Reviewed 11 July 2020

I'm not sure what happened to Atlantis. I've been three times as a family, with the last being January 2020. Each time I go, the service of the staff seems to get worse.

First the good, the property, as you can tell from the photos, is gorgeous. The hotels are great, there are aquariums everywhere and there are tons of things to do, like lazy rivers, rides, pools, beaches and, if you get bored of all of that, exploring off property. There are very few places that I've been this massive, so some kudos to that.

But there are plenty of bad.

1. While the property is gorgeous, it is not very well maintained. It's not badly maintained, just not as immaculate as most other places in the Caribbean. This ties into the service issue, as I think the hotel has good policies (i.e. I see staff seemingly where they should be) but it's clear that the work is not up to standard. For example, I am a morning person and tend to get up earlier than most, and most days as I walk around, I'd see that the grounds had been cleaned overnight but I'd find debris. Not a lot, but can't say I've seen that many in comparable resorts in Cancun, Aruba, Bermuda, etc.

2. The staff service is bad. It's not bad because they are relaxed or are slow - that's cool with me and it's not like they are the only island in the Caribbean that operates on island time. It's bad because unlike other high end resorts, most of the staff (with some small exceptions) don't seem to care for the guests. Picture $25 per night motel staff type of attitude to guests... I don't know if it is a management issue, or the fact that staff know gratuities are automatic or bad behaviors of guest draining the joy out of the staff, but you definitely feel a lack of hospitality or indifference to guests from the staff. But as I said, there are some exceptions.

I should note that this is clearly not an issue with Bahamas as a whole because service outside the resort was notably better. It seems to be an Atlantis thing. I suspect as people vote with their feet and opt to stay elsewhere, or if they get rid of automatic gratuities, you'll suddenly see a drastic improvement in service. Hopefully management intervenes earlier, as it would be such a shame if it goes down that path. Based on some of the reviews, looks like it might already.

3. As other reviewers noted, everything is gosh darn expensive. I'm from NYC and am used to high prices, but things here just feel like they cost more. But more than that, with some exception (e.g. mostly places off the resort), you just don't feel like you are getting value. It feels like they are taking the theme park approach to food - they got you stuck in an island so you'll just pay what you have to pay, no matter the quality. I think the way to think about it is just to think of your trip as an extended theme park stay, where you have to pay outrageous cash for cafeteria quality food (again with some exceptions), but you get it because we all have accepted that is the theme park model.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank dtedte

Thank you for your post - your comments will be shared and reviewed internally -

Reviewed 8 July 2020

So to start off, I was shocked reading some of the previous reviews of people who according to their reviews stayed in the hotel at the same time as us (Christmas/New Year). I’m all for honest reviews and pointing out the flaws in a hotel, but the over exaggeration of some people is ridiculous.

Check In- 5/5

Took no more than 10 minutes. We rung a few days before to check they had our reservation (as it was booked as part of a package with a holiday company) and the lady on the phone said she’d try and get our rooms near each other. When we checked in we found she had arranged interconnecting rooms so we were right next door- nice that she did that.

Staff 4/5

We never encountered any rude staff, they were all more than happy to help us while we were there. Including when I accidentally locked myself out of my room…with the safety latch locked on inside (I’d gone out through the interconnecting door which had also shut). The only thing is the whole ‘island time’ thing, no one is ever in any rush to do anything.

Rooms- 3/5

Yes they are dated and in need a revamp, but both our rooms were clean. The maids came every day apart from one day when they missed one of the rooms- not sure how that happened especially as the interconnecting doors were open that day as well! The shower problems that everyone speaks about are somewhat true. We never had a ‘cold’ shower per say, but at peak times when the pools emptied out (between 5-7pm), the chances of having a hot shower were pretty slim.

Waterpark 4/5

Having done a lot of waterparks in the past (Disney, wet n wild etc), I wasn’t holding out too much hope on the water park here, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! We were staying at the Royal for a week over Christmas so we were there at peak time.

Firstly, to debunk one thing, we NEVER had a long wait to get a wristband at any time of the day, there are so many places on the property where you can get one and as a hotel resident there are some places that non guests don’t have access to where you can go to.

Leap of Faith and the Serpent slide (the 2 rides that go through the shark tank) both had the longest lines during the day, I queued for about 30mins for Leap of Faith and 40mins for the Serpent slide. The queues for the rides in the power tower were pretty much non existent, I think the longest I queued was about 15minutes for the surge and Abyss (although sods law whenever I was in the queue for the Surge, there was no queue for Abyss!)

The rapids river was definitely one of the best aspects of the park and had people of all ages on it. Ignore the reviews of people harping on about it been dangerous and throwing people out of their rings. I rode it several times and the only time I saw someone come off their tube was a kid who purposely flipped it over (at the rapids part of the ride the water is barely even knee deep, he ended up sitting on the bottom with his head well clear of the water)

There is also a massive lifeguard presence, most pools have 3 or more lifeguards watching over them and I saw them get in on more than one occasion. They’re also pretty hot on checking people’s height for the water slides, I saw a good few parents trying to argue their kids onto the slides when it was pretty clear to anyone with eyes that they were under the height restriction!

The only real negative for me was the signage was pretty terrible and trying to find the entrances to some of the rides was a nightmare! But other than that I had a really great time here.

FOOD

Okay so this always comes up in peoples reviews. First, 12% tax, its a tax set by the government, not the hotel, so why everyone criticises the hotel over this is beyond me- we paid the same tax when we ate out in Nassau. Yes the service charge is a bit annoying in the quick serve restaurants, but the prices are lower in those places so really it doesn’t make a huge difference.

So the prices- coming from London, and stopping off in Miami before we got to Atlantis, food prices weren’t much of a shock, they were pretty much on par with big city prices. Lunchtime prices were on par with what you’d pay in pretty much any theme/water park you’d go to, and in fairness, every lunchtime meal we had there, even at the quick service, was cooked fresh.

For dinner we ate a mixture of restaurants from their casual to gourmet dining. (Murrays, Bahamian Club, Marina Pizza, Poseidon's, Mosaic). We never had a ‘bad’ meal and the food at the Bahamian Club was SUPERB. Booking wise we aren’t organised people, we didn’t have anything booked before we came, The Bahamian Club was the only restaurant we needed a booking for and we did it on the TV in the room the day before we ate there (Carmines however does book out REALLY far in advance, we asked on the 24th and the next booking they had available was on the 2nd January!)

Breakfast we ate at Plato’s most days, we never queued for more than 5 minutes to get food there and didn’t have any trouble getting a seat either.

So I guess my summary is, food prices here are expensive, but no more so than what you’d pay in London or any other big city I’ve visited. Considering it’s so easy nowadays to look up reviews and menu prices I don’t really understand why there’s so many complaints. At the end of the day, if you don’t want to pay the premium for the food, either 1) Eat off site, it’s not like Atlantis locks you in, there are plenty of restaurants an easy walkable distance from the hotel that you can visit or 2) Don’t go there, choose somewhere that fits your budget.

Casino 4/5

We were hoping that the casino would be a child free refuge, but unfortunately it most definitely isn’t- at least not till much later in the evening. Kids aside though, there’s a tonne of different slots and table games to play and I actually ended up winning- which never happens for me!

Honestly, the thing we disliked the most about this hotel was the people there- and I’m not talking about the staff. There were a lot of families who were more than happy to let their kids run riot and seemed to think it was adorable when their kids screamed the place down and had massive tantrums in the middle of restaurants and other public spaces. I know it’s something that can happen anywhere, but there seemed to be an excessive amount of it going on here.

It’s definitely not a 5 star, but it doesn’t claim to be (at least not in any holiday brochures I saw!), yes it is pricey for what is room wise- a very average 4 star hotel, but most 4 star hotels don’t have a massive water park and aquarium attached to them!

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Christina L
Sydney Engel, Other at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2020

Thank you for your post and sharing your experience here - we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

I just booked the Atlantis a week ago for next spring 2021 and I called today to change the dates and was told I booked an employee price for employees only after calling and working with customer service on the website and over the phone to make the booking. And was told I would have to pay the difference upon arrival that they would’ve charged me had I come to the resort with booking that price or I had to rebook it for a More expensive rate. I did not know anything about an employee rate as I worked with someone via the texting on the Atlantis website. I should have been honored the price I booked it for instead of being told “you must have seen it say employee somewhere” and cutting me off as I was talking and then I was hung up on the second I said I might cancel it. This phone call was with a supervisor. She would be fired in any other establishment to do that to a first time customer. If I booked the price online for a certain rate it should be honored whether Atlantis made a mistake or not as that is what I booked it as with help from the Atlantis team. I am currently looking at booking at our second choice at Bahamar. Hopefully they honor the prices their guest are able to book it at online.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jcm1892
EGL73, Public Relations Manager at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2020

We're sorry to read your post - please send us the best contact email so that we can further investigate -