7,194 results
All reviews royal towers water park west tower meal plan lazy river dolphin cay per person marina village bimini road family vacation marine life dining plan johnny rockets rapid river leap of faith seafire steakhouse a lot of fun
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For context, I'm Marriott/Starwood Platinum Elite Ambassador. I travel extensively and mostly go to luxury resorts for my personal vacations. We had an awful stay and I hope you read this so that you don't book here and make the same mistake we did. We left this stay early. We will not be returning.

The lowlights:
(1) The 'Lunch on Us' promotion is a total sham. The promotion promises $60 a day towards lunch. Here is what they don't tell you: Only 1 of the 9 restaurants are located outside the waterpark. On most of our stay, 3 restaurants would be open and the others would be closed. The open ones alternated each day. This 'decision' made the lines rather absurd. The food quality is also not so great, mostly hot dogs and burgers. ALSO, if you place two orders, the $60 is only applied to the first transaction. So...if you buy a soda and then later return for a full lunch only your first transaction counts. I had to make them do the adjustment at checkout to receive full value.
(2) Service at the hotel-operated restaurants is so poor. On one occasion, we were seated but no one came to take our order. The next day, we were seated and placed an order but left 45 minutes later without receiving it.
(3) There are at least 4 different activity concierge services at the resort and they are among the least helpful and lazy groups I have ever met. There is a hotel activities one, a marine park activities one, a hotel water sports one and an offsite resort activities one. In our experience, there is no one-stop-shop for all of of your needs. To make matters worse the staff doesn't always even know the names, hours or coverage of the 'other' concierge teams. This was so baffling to us. It is 100% easier to research and book on your own.
(4) Comprehensively unhelpful and discourteous check-in staff, even in their special guests area near the main check-in area.
(5) Almost every charge on my final bill at checkout was incorrect and needed my scrutiny to avoid overcharges. KEEP EVERY RECEIPT!
(6) The Marriott website says the Autograph Resorts have included breakfast, but this resort categorically does not honor this. I escalated within Marriott and they couldn't convince the resort to honor this policy. Do not expect to receive any significant Marriott benefits.
(7) Multiple issues with Marriott status (continued from above). At check-in, despite the hotel at ~60% occupancy, no upgrade was offered. When I insisted on confirming with a Manager, mysteriously a better room was made available. That's annoying. After the stay, no stay credit or points posted to my account. The hotel told me the stay was ineligible (which is ridiculous since I booked direct). The Marriott team had to fix their error. In summary, expect that anything related to Marriott does not work or apply here.

General: Hopefully by now you are looking into other non-Atlantis resorts. We also experienced the following issues in our stay: Spa booking agent hung up on us, Spa steam room and sauna not turned on during our visit, room keys stopped working twice, room safe did not work, ten minute wait for initial check-in, no bellman to assist with luggage (they were laughing and chatting among themselves), and yikes what a mess.

Feel free to contact me if you need any further reinforcement that this is a terrible place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
30  Thank letsgofire
SydneyE79, Manager at The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi letsgofire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to the Atlantis Management Team, following your stay at Atlantis Paradise Island. We are extremely disappointed to learn about the issues tied to your stay, and we want to ensure you are put in touch with an Executive Management Team member, who will speak further with you. It is our number one priority to ensure our guests have a positive stay from start to finish, so at your earliest convenience, please reach out to Sydney.Engel@atlantisparadise.com, who will put you in touch directly.

- Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for my 50th birthday back in March of 2018. Nice property and an average room. I think it might have been spring break at the time but we didn't book it with that in mind. Of the 6 to more pools they have we could never find 3 pool lounge chairs (until at least 4 pm) as they bus in people from the cruise ships and don't give any priority to people that actually pay to stay there (unless we wanted to pay more for the private pool) . We're talking bus load after bus load. I have never seen anything like it. It was quite frustrating as they say you can't throw your towels and such down to "reserve" chairs but yes they do and no one even blinked an eye. Sorry I didn't post this earlier but it just popped up on my feed now. My spin on it.....do your research.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ddforbes30

Hi ddforbes30

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to the resort, following your stay at The Royal Atlantis. We are disappointed to learn about your frustrations tied to the recent stay, so at your earliest convenience please reach out to Sydney.Engel@atlantisparadise.com, who will put you in touch with one of our Executive Operations team members. We want to ensure we learn more about the stay, and help resolve these issues. It's important to us that our guests have a positive and exciting stay.

- Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've just come back from visiting The Royal at Atlantis and it was a fantastic experience. The time of year was perfect: we had full run of the resort, with no wait for any restaurants, pool-side seating, slides, etc. Staff were exceptional, with every member of the team going above/beyond to help us out. A wonderful vacation all around - highly recommend!

Room Tip: Water view is worth it! Ask for a high floor and the view of the ocean is spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank flsmith
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife & I took our 11 year old daughter here for the first time at the end of August . We stayed at the Royal for 4 days 8/27-8/31 17th flr ocean front. I read a lot of reviews on here that frankly made us question if we made a good decision after booking it. I'm not easy to please and I can tell you the Royal exceeded my expectations. Overall we had an amazing vacation. I found if you asked for something, the staff would make sure you got it. Excursions I would recommend: snorkeling ($130/2 & $440/2 swimming with Sea Lions (This was amazing!). Favorite restaurant was Poseidon's in the Royal. My daughter is very picky and was able to find food she likes every day. There are many options. (Buffet style) Also the waterpark is great. Cruise ships arrive around 9:30 and leave around 3 pm. FYI: suggest going after 3 to close. We brought a light cooler in our suite case. We estimated this saved us about 500 bucks easily (liquor/beer/soft drinks). Bring your Yeti! Avoid the in room fridge (too expensive $4 coke, 8 water). Check your balance on TV every day. No issue though ours was accurate. There is a shop that sells beer right outside the resort within walking distance. We all agreed it was one of our best vacations yet.

Room Tip: Highly suggest Ocean front over harbor. We stayed in both. No comparison!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Atlantis in the Bahamas for 6 days with a 3 year old toddler. Had a great time, the aquarium is amazing, the beach is nice and the water park is a must. Everything is expensive so be prepared, we checked in a bag filled with snacks for our son, and as soon as we arrived hit the closets supermarket for gallones water. You’ll receive water vouchers when you check in that will get you two per coupon. Overall this was a great vacation lots to see, ALOT walking especially at the marina never a dull moment. Oh, also the casino is very nice! Although this was a family vacation for our son we had to walk through the casino to get to some places. I would recommend, but do some research before getting there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family