4,107 results
All reviews beach tower meal plan coral towers royal towers lazy river water slides ocean view per person cave grill marina village bimini road murray's deli marine life club rush fries mayan temple movie theater
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My husband and I were going to take our twin 9-year-old grandsons to the Atlantis and my daughter and her husband decided to tag along but spend time on their own also. We stayed at the Beach Tower. I had read lots of the reviews beforehand. As for the hotel itself, yes, it was dated but the room was clean and the beds were comfy so it was fine for us. We had a terrace view but were on the top (9th) floor so instead of seeing just roofs, we could see the harbor in the distance which was nice.

We had a problem with our safe the first day and we called the front desk. They came within 15 minutes but my husband ended up having to stay in the room for two hours while they fixed it. We also had a little problem the first day getting Aquaventure wristbands for the kids since the hotel thought they were staying with their parents and, having different last names, we weren't able to get their wristbands and my daughter and hubby had already taken off for the day. After a couple trips to the beach hut and the front desk we finally got it resolved. By the way, there are beach huts throughout the resort with nice beach towels.

The resort is beautiful, as is the beach, but it's BIG and you will do a lot of walking. We took the shuttle over to the Royal Towers sometimes to go to the water slides but even still it's a walk from the front of the hotel, through the hotel and around the water park. The kids LOVED it though. I did a slide or two and also the Rapid River (?) which was fun as well as the Lazy River which is by the Beach Tower. The habitat pools, aquariums and landscaping were beautiful. Some days my daughter and I stayed at the beach by the Beach Towers because it got to be a hassle getting over there. Thank God the men were willing to take the boys.

We did not get the meal plan because everyone on your reservation has to do it—not just by room. My daughter and SIL wanted to eat elsewhere away from the resort some nights. As it turned out, I was glad we did not because then we were not tied to certain places. We ate at Anthony’s near Marina Village which was not part of the resort twice for breakfast and once for lunch. It was pretty good but not so cheap either.

To me, the most frustrating part of our trip was dealing with food. First of all, the prices were way high. Dinner at The Village Burger Shack was $71 for two adults and two kids and one kid just had a milkshake. Really? Also, restaurants would close for a day or two and no one seemed to know. Twice we look at the Atlantis TV channel, the Atlantis App (which lists closures), and called the front desk and were told that Murray’s Deli was open only to walk all the way over there to find that they were closed! Virgil’s and Carmine’s have family style meals but honestly, I do not want to eat boring things the kids want to eat. So we didn’t go there.

We ate one dinner at Poseidon’s Table buffet in the Royal Towers. Adults were $64 and kids were $28. So, I’m thinking, “wow, for that price it must be awesome!” We were highly disappointed. There were lots and lots of choices but nothing spectacular. I am truly NOT a picky eater but I was disappointed as were we all. I saw “Carving Station” and pictured a big hunk of prime rib. Nope, nothing that needed to be carved. The deserts were just okay. Several were labeled “cheesecake” and yet if I were blindfolded I could not have been able to tell what it was. It was similar in quality to our Golden Corral at home. One of our kids at a piece of pizza and an apple –SO not worth $28. We did not go back.

Also, I had to walk about five minutes next door to Coral Towers each morning to go to Starbucks to get coffee. Why is it that cheaper hotels have free coffee in their lobby and yet the Atlantis did not? Also, we got vouchers for two free bottles of water per day per room (no matter that we had four people in our room). We were told that they were available everywhere throughout the resort which wasn’t true exactly. We had to find out by trial and error where we could get water.

The other issue we had was that after we checked in and my husband and I and my daughter and her husband had given the front desk a credit card to have on file for “incidentals”. My daughter got an email that $1050 had been charged to her credit card. We had paid for the room months before so could not figure out what that was about. We went down to the front desk and were told that they put a pending charge of $150 a day on your credit card for incidentals. Okay that’s all fine and dandy but no one told us!

The communication in general was lacking. There were signs for kids Club Rush and yet I had read on Trip Advisor that it had closed. There were posters for kids’ activities and yet on the daily kids activities on the TV nothing was ever listed except Club Crush for teenagers. So, we didn’t do any of that, if they did exist.

We spent most evenings in the Marina and had a good time. In addition to eating there most evenings, we looked at the shops and kiosks and there were usually one or two groups of musicians playing which was fun. On Sundays and Wednesdays at 9 PM they have the Junkanoo Parade. Oh my gosh! SO much fun! We missed it on Sunday and found out about it by accident on Wednesday from one of the vendors (again, poor communication).

Having said all that, we did have a good time. The kids had a blast and it was planned for them. My husband and I, as well as my daughter and her husband, all agreed we would never go there without kids. Too much hassle, expensive, and not at all relaxing. But I’m glad we went for the kids.

Room tip: If you get a terrace room, try to get the top floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank CAH4208
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

A nice place, big resort. Lots to do, a good variety of restaurants from snack bars to 5 stars.
The hotel may need renos soon but still good with the kids. Had a view of the beach, rooms were clean. Service is good.

The beach is lovely and the water park is fun.

It's our third time and we have never been disappointed. With kids you can store snacks in the fridge, which comes in handy.

We will go again for sure!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank chanel3000
AtlantisBahamasTeam, Manager at The Beach at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hi chanel3000, Thanks for sharing your family vacation at Atlantis! It sounds like you had no shortage of fun at our incredible property and we do value you as a returning guest. We are excited to announce that Atlantis will unveil the complete renovation of Coral Towers this year and a fully transformed Marina Village this fall. Long known as a distinct mecca for family entertainment and its breathtaking beaches, Atlantis will introduce cutting edge offerings and creative amenities to continue driving its status as the top family travel vacation destination where fun, education, culture and purpose come together. Reservations are now open for summer travel. See you back in paradise. - Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Just returned from our 4th visit in 4 years. What a beautiful island!! As time goes on, it's time for Atlantis to start putting money back in to maintaining the property. Everything is getting old at once. Many of the cast concrete structures are starting to crack, get holes in them and in need of paint. The room in the Beach hotel are becoming very dated.... Question for Atlantis -- Why are you renovating the Coral Towers when the Beach Towers are older and in worse shape? But most disappointing detail of the trip is the rude , uncaring nature of the workers. I have always praised this place to friends on how well we were treated in the past, this time... the majority of the workers didn't give you the time of day or really care about your issue. This is sad because without the tourist, you have nothing. Lastly.... ATLANTIS FIND A WAY TO FIX YOUR KEY CARDS... They are a joke, the number of trips that have to made to the front desk to get new cards is ridiculous, and then when your there the worker makes you feel like it's your fault and you have done something wrong. Trust me as I talked to others at the resort and read all the reviews..... we are not all causing the problem! You got a beautiful place, don't screw it up.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We have been to the Atlantis many times and noticed that the complex is not aging gracefully. It is hard to believe that the Beach Tower would be considered an Autograph Collection. The rooms are really basic and the housekeeping was hit/miss. We saw so many hairs on our bathroom floor and in the tub. We did not choose to pay $75 per night to have an ocean view.
We enjoyed eating at the Chopstix restaurant and also Virgil's BBQ. The food was quite expensive especially when there is a mandatory 15% tip plus VAT of 7.5%. Even the ATM has a VAT of 7.5%.
The casinos do not pay out. We did not see anyone win much at all. The slot machines were rather dated.
The grounds were partially under construction. Every night we enjoyed walking in the cave area with the fish.
Transportation to the airport both ways was around $40 plus depending on the number of passengers and the luggage. We took the large van for $4 per person to and from the downtown area.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank minnesotans4
AtlantisBahamasTeam, Manager at The Beach at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hi minnesotans4, We do appreciate you returning to Atlantis, but we are disappointed to hear that not all of your time with us lived up to your personal expectations. Please know we continuously enhance the property with new additions, upgrades, and programs such as the newly renovated Plato’s and Poseidon’s Table located in the heart of Royal Towers. In addition, we are excited to announce that Atlantis will unveil the complete renovation of Coral Towers in July and a fully transformed Marina Village this fall. Long known as a distinct mecca for family entertainment and its breathtaking beaches, Atlantis will introduce cutting edge offerings and creative amenities to continue driving its status as the top family travel vacation destination where fun, education, culture and purpose come together. Reservations are now open for summer travel. We do hope you will consider joining us again on future trips. - Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I cannot believe that this joke, which cost us 230$ a night could be such a terrible experience. The worse part was not the installation from the 70's, old and not that updated, their expensive frozen food. The worse was 95% of the staff working there! Believe me, I have traveled quite some times and staff here that can be defined friendly can be considered the minority. Beside the fact that they treated us very badly through the whole part of our holiday, the cherry on the cake after 4 days spent here was when took the shuttle from the Reef tower to go to the Beach tower, the driver didn't even want to take us where we asked, and left us 10 minutes away walking distance, after I have mentioned that my wife and one of my best friend's wife were pregnant. The driver answered us that was good for them to walk.
One of the most ridiculous thing to say which I would have never have dare to say to two young pregnant ladies, asking to get to their hotel!
I would absolutely never recommend this place, despite their beautiful weather, beach, ocean.
I cannot believe how low is level of service of this resort. To the directors, first, I would start to train your staff about some basic common sense rules like smiling to their guests... cause here, even smiling, seems to be not part of the values of this resort!
PD: few of your best mates here that should be involved in the teaching of those values, are Ella and bartender Travis. Those two people are very valuable to make sure staff can get them as example, and avoid such bad experiences like we have.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank andyve81

Hi andyve81, We pride ourselves on delivering an awe-inspiring vacation experience and it sounds like yours did not meet your personal expectations. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams so that we can continue to improve the guest experience and we do hope that you will consider joining us again so that we can deliver a truer Atlantis experience. - Atlantis Management Team