All reviewsclose to downtownjunkanoo beachbig flat screeniron boardfree continental breakfastwest bay streetone night stayfront desk staffstayed herepartial ocean viewfish fryyogurtwould stay here againbeautiful hotelminute walkwalking distancepool side
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Comfort room, felt like the typical concrete beach style hotel, even though not on the beach. Great service, basic pool, so-so breakfast but got the value we paid for. A little noisy but overall simple affordable stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel has very friendly staff, a great pool and is also walking distance from almost everything. For the price this is a great location to stay at while in the Bahamas. The beach is directly across the street which has several food and drinks huts as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before flying to an out island. The hotel is new (opened in Aug 17). Location is okay (about 10 mins to the Main Street with many shops). Opposite to the hotel is a beach but it’s a busy road so watch out for the cars.

When I checked in I was immediately by the service of the front desk staff. They were very cheerful and helpful. As an IHG gold member I also got some welcome gifts (2 bottles of water and a lays chips). The room I got is on 5th Floor. It is small (after all it’s a Holiday Inn Express...) but has everything you need - fridge, safe, ironing board, microwave, amenities from Bath & Body Works...). Shower in the room was great in terms of both temperature and water pressure). However the soundproofing of the room can be improved. At night I can hear very clearly the cars driving on the road...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My husband and I have reservations at the HIExpress Nassua.
1st, let me start by saying we booked our room through BOOKING.COM
2nd, we've paid for our reservation directly through the hotel.
Much to our surprise we placed a call on last night to the hotel, asking that they please process the FINAL payment. Keep in mind this is a process and in ORDEAL. You have to send an email 1st, then call and ask them to reply to the email, then hope they charge your card within 24 hours of the entire process. Our CC will only allow an out of the country vendor to post a payment within 24 hours for fear of fraud. After calling on yesterday to process our final payment for a 5 night stay. We were told we have an additional $50 charge per night and the room we originally booked is not the room listed in our reservation. STOP THE PRESS, let me check my email reservation, which clearly listed our room and the cost of the room. Needless to say we contacted Booking.com and they promised to clear this matter before our arrival. This was not our only concern, it was the manner at how we've been treated throughout the entire process. The payments, the additional fees, and the cost we incur when calling out of the county confirming our reservations. The charges for this and that all amount to just poor service in my opinion. Had your website stated that in the beginning, I would've gladly stayed elsewhere. The charge of $50 dollars per night, per couple is way to much and may I add, we are both adults gladly over the age of 45 and we personally don't like being charged after paying $1231.32 for our entire stay. If in the past, had rooms that were damaged due to under age rentals parties, then find another way of charging those parties. Needless to say, we're not happy and this is the beginning of our HOLIDAY!

Room Tip: Please be aware of the excessive charges, it really adds up to a LUXURY hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank candycando
Reviewed 26 May 2018

The ladies at the front desk were above excellence. Always pleasant, willing to help,m and smiling. Special shout out to Ketiera for directing me to the Harley store.

It was a relaxing solo vacation. The old is very quite. You could be the only person there sometimes.

Very clean hotel.
I only wished that there was a little more privacy from the cars and people on the street with some shrubs as coverage.

Do the airport shuttle with the hotel but make sure you pre book it. Great value and excellent service from my friendly female driver. $30 rountrip rather than the mean taxi people at $33 each way.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank DP07pd
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and for rating our hotel 5 stars. We are happy you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as well as hard working and reliable airport shuttle service with clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to seeing you again real soon and wish you a wonderful day!