All reviews water closet beach service in room dining manor bar half bath service button memory foam jumby bay an ocean view king room commonwealth restaurant spf sunscreen help guests grand suite big casino marble bathroom resort view comfortable lounge chairs
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Traveled to Rosewood Bahamar for a long birthday weekend with my husband. This property had just opened so we were unsure what to expect. From the moment we arrived, our stay was flawless!
Check in was a breeze, we arrived very early and our room wasn't quite ready so we had a fabulous lunch at Costa, the Mexican restaurant poolside. The guacamole was amazing and mojito's refreshing.During lunch, our butler came to introduce himself.We actually had three amazing butlers, Tariel, Chrishnel and Laurentino.
They took care of everything for us. Dinner suggestions and reservations were made with ease. They were only a text away.
It was my birthday weekend, and almost every day, I walked into a surprise. A hot bath with rose pedals, balloons, caviar and more.
We spent most days in a cabana poolside where Lyndell took very good care of us.
The resort is elegant, sophisticated, quiet. Exactly the level of luxury Rosewood strives for.
Kudos to everyone at Rosewood Bahamar and thank you for making my birthday one to remember!

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom suite, great sunrise and sunset views
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings TravelAnn808,

Thank you for sharing the details of your birthday weekend at our resort. It is great that you had such a memorable birthday from your time spent at Costa, to your time spent lounging poolside in our cabanas and your daily surprises by our butlers Tariel, Chrishnel,and Laurentino. I am delighted you had such a wonderful visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

First off my wife and I love the Rosewood brand.... so much we held our wedding at the Rosewood Mayakoba. I have found their intuitive approach to service refreshing and quite enjoyable over the years. So this review comes with some sadness and disappointment.

This story begin when we heard of the Rosewood opening in the Bahamas. We had been wanting to go to the Bahama but skipped it due to the reviews we had seen on other hotels. So with the hotel opening we booked.... We kept waiting for some reviews to show up on trip advisor but nothing ever came. ONE week before we were to leave we received a call from the Rosewood. They informed us that the hotel wasn’t finished and we would have to say at a different hotel. So they booked as at and older hotel that but was about 20 year past due for a remodel. I was presented with a certificate for the rooms we booked and I was reassured that once the resort open we would be able to book our stay. Four years later the hotel opens and we try to books our rooms..... ( I think you know where this is going)..... that is right......they don’t want to honor their certificate for our stay. While I recognize there have been significant challenges at the Baha Mar, I never fathomed that the Integrity of the Rosewood Brand would be brought into question. Otherwise I would have asked for my money back. This is all very disappointing to my wife and I as we love Rosewoods and desire to visit all of them. Furthermore, any of you that have stayed at the Rosewood recognize that they aren’t bashful about their prices. So with seems pretty petty really. Obviously, this is a money issue for the new owner and they don’t want to honor the prior bookings. I have spent over $100K with them and am dumfounded at this penny wise pound foolish approach. In a nutshell “buyer beware”.... its not the Rosewood you have come to know

2  Thank Trail570331
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings Trail570331,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. It is unfortunate that our first correspondence is under these circumstances. We would like to apologize for the series of unfortunate incidents you encountered and would like an opportunity to speak with you in further detail. Feel free to reach out to our team via carolina.insignares@rosewoodhotels.com . We look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Staying at a brand new resort, especially one the size of the Baha Mar, can be quite dubious and we experienced that first hand a few years ago at a brand new resort in Mexico. Not so at the Baha Mar Rosewood. From the moment we stepped out of our taxi to the moment we stepped back in the taxi for our departure, we were treated to excellent service. My husband and I had read the negative reviews and were prepared for poor service and/or disorganization. Again, that was not our experience. In fact, we kept saying how we really couldn't come up with a negative from the whole trip.

The one thing that stood out above all else was the genuine friendliness of EVERY staff member we met.They were all incredibly nice and not just because they were wanting tips. We found the Bahamian people to be very kind people across the board, whether we were on the property or off the property. When we passed by any of the staff, they always spoke a word of greeting.

The property is beautiful and expansive, plenty to do whether you want a flurry of activity or to be low-key. The rooms are quite spacious and comfortable, and our room was on on the 11th floor with a great ocean view. Reviewers have posted that there is not enough storage/drawer space. I always have a tendency to overpack and I didn't have any problem with the drawer/closet space. The private Rosewood beach is wonderful. Just looking down the beach at the crowded Grand Hyatt/SLS beach confirms that. The memory foam cushions on the chairs and the electronic service button was a very nice touch. Again, great beach staff-attentive and delivered quick service. Fitness Center was very well equipped, albeit a bit hard to find the first day. The Sports Book was a great place to watch the opening day of college football! Go Dawgs :)

We only had one dinner on property and that was at the Swimming Pig Pub. It was pretty good. We did eat breakfast and lunch every day on property and no complaints there either. Drink prices are high, which is a given being that you are at a resort. So its kind of hard to complain if you do your homework and know that going in.

Word of advice for the ladies: the casino "mall" area is quite chilly. Bring a jacket!

One constructive criticism: a printed map at check in would be a plus and would save some early frustration. The place is huge and the only map is an interactive map in the casino. A printed nightly entertainment schedule would be a great thing too.

Overall, a wonderful stay. About the same fight time to Miami for us, so we may have found a new place for a quick getaway!

2  Thank cclis

Greetings cclis,

Thank you for taking a moment to share such a kind review of our resort. I am delighted that you and your husband had such a wonderful experience while staying with us. At Rosewood Baha Mar we pride ourselves in having some of the friendliest and professional team and it is great that you got to experience this for yourselves. We appreciate all constructive criticism and will make sure to share your map suggestion with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely amazing stay. The grounds are beautiful and pristinely maintained. The butler service is executed perfectly... thank you Anisca, Ricarra and Stephen ...you really made our anniversary special!!! if you like a service minded getaway this is the place for you!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hockster4
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Greetings Hockster4,

Thank you for taking a moment to share the details of your recent visit to our resort. Happy Anniversary and thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate such a special occasion. I am thrilled that this was such a memorable vacation for you and you were able to experience firsthand our Rosewood service. I will be sure to share your kind note with Anisca, Ricarra and Stephen. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Baha Mar is like being in Las Vegas with a beach. The location and facilities are great. The Rosewood is the high end facility-older quitter crowd. The SLS is the party spot and Hyatt is the family friendly location. Good thing is you get all 3 in 1. My new favorite place to go.

1  Thank Icebull1906

Greetings Icebull1906,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit at our resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back very soon.